It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take It Easy On Muslim Extremists, Police Told

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

POLICE will be ordered not to charge Muslim extremists in many hate crime cases – to stop them becoming more militant.
[...]
Examples of crimes to which a blind eye may be turned include incitement to religious hatred or viewing extremist material on the internet.
[...]
Tory MP David Davies said: “This sounds like abject surrender. Everyone should be equal in the eyes of the law.

“It doesn’t matter whether someone is suspected of incitement to hatred or shoplifting – they should all face the same risk of prosecution.

“There should be no special favours or treatment for any section of the community.”

Sunday Express

Words fail me. What is wrong with the treasonous idiots in charge?!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Welcome to the club. I have been black for a very long time and have been gob smacked at the police tolerance of the BNP and an assortment of bigots and racists.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think this is absolutely disusting, given those the freedom of expressing thier hatred, without being arrested. Those who support this should hang thier headsinshame.

The sooner this goverment is shown the door the better for this country as a whole.

Flagged and Starred!

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

In their defence, the BNP never "incite racially-motivated or religiously-motivated violence", so they are allowed to say what they like as long as it doesn't "incite"...

Or would you like people to have their freedom of expression curtailed because you are offended by them? As long as they don't incite violence, they can say what they please. Maybe you don't like that, but that's just tough cookies, sunshine.

I find it odd that you should say "I've been black for a very long time". Surely you have been black your whole life? Or did you get a negroplasty?

EDIT: as for the topic, I am disgusted. I bet if a white person "incited racial/religous violence, they would be prosecuted!

Oh wait, they do! Some were convicted only last week.

[edit on 12/7/09 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

What makes it worse when those Dudes demonstrated, at the homecomming of those troops, when members of the public went to put a stop to it, they were threatened with arrest, by the police, who protected those protestors.

Absolutely disgusting.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Yup!

Although on the face of it, the Muslim protesters were aware of the law and played it well, as they didn't "incite" any violence, not that I am aware of anyway. The chaps who took offence and went to protest against them seemed to get a bit aggitated and would have probably attacked them, so I can understand the Police being between a rock and a hard place.

A better example would be the "demonstration" by Muslims in London a couple of years back were they carried placards calling for infidels to die, for british troops to be killed and advocating religious/racist killings. The Police just stood there and did nothing then, for fear of "offending" the grotty little animals.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
Welcome to the club. I have been black for a very long time and have been gob smacked at the police tolerance of the BNP and an assortment of bigots and racists.

Excuse me? Since when have the "BNP and an assortment of bigots and racists" been given exceptions to the law? I'd suggest that far from being treated well, they're subject to a more unrelenting and consistent punishment. Or does the very fact that they want Britain to remain British make them guilty in your eyes?

I'd rather not veer from the topic in this manner. I just that was, quite frankly, a bit of a silly comment. Note this thread should not be pointing the finger at Muslims, or any other minorities. This is clearly a misdemeanour by the government and goes to demonstrate their cowardice and how dangerous their policy of political correctness is.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Oh but this wil thread be fingered as pointing to Muslims

If one rule is introduced by the home office to all police forces in the UK, then this should also apply to other minorities in the UK.

Treating one Minorty in favour of the other, creates conflict an tensions.

Let me be clear, If I saw someone from another minority, slagging off my brothers or sisters or any relative who is in the armed forces, or waving placards saying dead to the infidels. I would be in thier faces. Telling them they are inciting hatred. If I am arrested so be it. I wont let anyone dictate thier hatred on me.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
wasn't there a particular reason for a blindfolding the eyes of that lady statue in front of each courthouse??????? what was it called again? I lost that term, it is at the tip of my lips....grrrrr

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Only in the UK..This is nuts..

Turn a blind eye,so they can get more aggressive without any scrutiny..

I feel for you guys over there,time to get something out of your behinds..

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

If we act upon this, we are classed as racist, victimizing Muslims, we would would be arrested and charged with inciting hatred.

Oh it is oks for a few guys waving placards with the saying Brutal killes, death to the infadels.

But it not oks for us ordinary citizens to confront those who are tying to incite hatred in the UK.

The home office has this wrong. They need to wake up to that fact.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

Excuse me? Since when have the "BNP and an assortment of bigots and racists" been given exceptions to the law? I'd suggest that far from being treated well, they're subject to a more unrelenting and consistent punishment. Or does the very fact that they want Britain to remain British make them guilty in your eyes?

I'd rather not veer from the topic in this manner. I just that was, quite frankly, a bit of a silly comment. Note this thread should not be pointing the finger at Muslims, or any other minorities. This is clearly a misdemeanour by the government and goes to demonstrate their cowardice and how dangerous their policy of political correctness is.

I know bigots like you have been treated very badly; but don't you think that's a good thing?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

In their defence, the BNP never "incite racially-motivated or religiously-motivated violence", so they are allowed to say what they like as long as it doesn't "incite"...

Or would you like people to have their freedom of expression curtailed because you are offended by them? As long as they don't incite violence, they can say what they please. Maybe you don't like that, but that's just tough cookies, sunshine.

I find it odd that you should say "I've been black for a very long time". Surely you have been black your whole life? Or did you get a negroplasty?

EDIT: as for the topic, I am disgusted. I bet if a white person "incited racial/religous violence, they would be prosecuted!

Oh wait, they do! Some were convicted only last week.

[edit on 12/7/09 by stumason]

I have been black a very long time and all my life. One does not negate the other and what I wrote is a turn of phrase. You see, my colour is very important to me and I am saddened that you feel so casual about ridiculing it. I hope you realise as a black person, I have a right to exist.

And yes the BNP and their supporters are an inciteful and violent lot.

Bomb seizures spark far-right terror plot fear

A network of suspected far-right extremists with access to 300 weapons and 80 bombs has been uncovered by counter-terrorism detectives.

Thirty-two people have been questioned in a police operation that raises the prospect of a right-wing bombing campaign against mosques. Police are said to have recovered a British National party membership card and other right-wing literature during a raid on the home of one suspect charged under the Terrorism Act.

In England’s largest seizure of a suspected terrorist arsenal since the IRA mainland bombings of the early 1990s, rocket launchers, grenades, pipe bombs and dozens of firearms have been recovered in the past six weeks during raids on more than 20 properties. Several people have been charged and more arrests are imminent. Current police activity is linked to arrests in Europe, New Zealand and Australia.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

BNP members caught with “record haul” of explosive chemicals

Robert Cottage (49), of Talbot Street, Colne, and David Bolus Jackson (62), of Trent Road, Nelson, made separate appearances before the court charged with being in possession of an explosive substance for an unlawful purpose. The offences are under the Explosive Substances Act 1883. Both men were remanded in custody to appear at Burnley Crown Court on October 23rd. Cottage was arrested at his home on Thursday, while retired dentist Jackson was arrested in the Lancaster area on Friday, the same day as he left a dental practice in Grange-over-Sands.

www.pickledpolitics.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Muslim exremists have incited as much hatred as the BNP. There is a place and a time to protest. And what some of these groups do both the BNP and muslim groups is beyond peaceful protests.

This decision if implemented, should be applied to all groups in the UK. Not just 1. That in itself is going to cause tensions to rise between communties.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Muslim exremists have incited as much hatred as the BNP. There is a place and a time to protest. And what some of these groups do both the BNP and muslim groups is beyond peaceful protests.

This decision if implemented, should be applied to all groups in the UK. Not just 1. That in itself is going to cause tensions to rise between communties.

Sorry to see you terrorised by the beardy folk. Must terrible for you to be living in such fear.

If a Muslim is inciting others to commit crimes fr political reasons he should be locked up. In the passed eight years Britian has had to suffer these few tens of idiots.

Question is, do you consider them more of a threat to the UK than the tens of thousands of BNP bigots and racists and other fringe groups? I suppose you are not too concerned because they are not after your head.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Get off your high horse, mate. I couldn't give a rats arse if you were white, black, pink or mauve. As you said yourself, your the one hung up on skin colour, it means fudge all to me.

As for my "ridiculing" of your colour, get a sense of humour and watch South Park. I was specifically referring to an episode where Kyle wants to be black in order to play Basketball..

Christ..

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Get off your high horse, mate. I couldn't give a rats arse if you were white, black, pink or mauve. As you said yourself, your the one hung up on skin colour, it means fudge all to me.

As for my "ridiculing" of your colour, get a sense of humour and watch South Park. I was specifically referring to an episode where Kyle wants to be black in order to play Basketball..

Christ..

I don't watch Southpark but if there was such plastic-surgery possible, I would undergo dolphinplasty. But I would want to be a black dolphin.

Nevertheless, the BNP are violent.

[edit on 073131p://pm3123 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I know bigots like you have been treated very badly; but don't you think that's a good thing?

I don't believe anyone should be punished for holding a belief. If that belief leads to violence or intimidation in any way then, of course, it should be punishable. See, we all hold unique sets of beliefs and to expect everyone to think the same as you is called FASCISM.

You see, my colour is very important to me

Interesting. I wonder how'd you react if I were to say "my colour is very important to me". According to you, I'm not even allowed to have an ethnic identity.

Bomb seizures spark far-right terror plot fear

and I suppose you also believe the 7/7 attacks were committed by Muslims.

Question is, do you consider them more of a threat to the UK than the tens of thousands of BNP bigots and racists and other fringe groups?

Tens of thousands? You mean the million people who voted BNP who are, by your reasoning, all automatically racist bigots? We're all violent eh, all million of us? BTW I'm not a BNP member - there are policies of theirs I disagree with. I voted for them because overall, they address my concerns more than any other party.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
There could be method in the madness...
Give Muslim Extremists enough rope.....the more brazen they become, the more of an outcry there is....then comes the solution....more restricting laws that effect everyone not just the trouble makers...

How many times have we seen this M.O ??

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Those who stand on street corners, with placards calling for the death of women and children inthe UK, or calling for the death of infidels, caling for the slaughter of soldiers, who I may add are just following orders. are inciting hatred. As much as those members fromthe BNP who go around chanting racists slogans.

All groups like this should be put inthe same catergory. You cannot have one rule for one group and have different rules for others. It does not work. All it causes is tensions between communities.

If certain groups have a problem with our Soldiers serving overseas, it should be the politicians or the Government they are targeting, after all if is the Governement who gives out the orders. The Military complys.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Laurauk]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join