It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take back ATS ????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
What the hell is with all these Take back ATS avatars..

The mind boggles..

Chris

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The ATS revolution is at hand

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So who has it?

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I was wondering what that was all about too OzChris.

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
soon

very soon

all will be revealed

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I wondered, too.

And take it back WHERE?

(I think I'll just go back to sitting in my corner and translating the Odyssey from Greek to the original Klingon...)

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
At the risk of a lashing, have you guys been monitoring your caffine intakes???

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yea, come on guys!!!! Tell us what's up???????

Pretty Please

[Edited on 29-11-2002 by Skeptical Believer]

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I thought it was obvious, they are sick of people posting crap completely unrelated to this site. Most posts have been sadly lacking any meaningful content lately.

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by mad scientist]

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   
one suspects its probably an irelevancy they've been muttering about in their forum.
just ignore it, it'll go away.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101
one suspects its probably an irelevancy they've been muttering about in their forum.
just ignore it, it'll go away.

...nice start...can see where some deletions might be coming from...

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
yup.
as I suspected.

If any of you lot have been in a forum before you'll know this happens from time to time.

every now and then the care takers forget why they're here. The Power goes to their heads and they start becoming concerned about "quality" although when they say "quality" they mean "opinion"

Mods have a certain amount of power.

if you put people with a little power in a room together they will start to lambast the state of whatever aspect of society they come from. This is because most people have a problem seperating power from worth.

they assume one equates to the other.

and thats why, every so often, they get a massive cob on and shout "RAH! LETS DO SOMTHING ABOUT IT" and go on a deletion spree.

If you like, its the message board equivelent of a company boss deciding that the rest of the staff need to clean up their act and should all wear suits.

I'm sure if you read the thread this was discussed on you'll find plenty of evidence of this sort of mentality.

best advice.

ignore it.

it goes away.
(it'll come back again next time they need an ego boost but on the whole it will disapear as quickly as it came)

what?

you got a problem with that?

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
PERFECT example...

I think that the avatars are pretty cool myself.

Completely useless comment by xaos... ok...this is the chit chat forum, but posts like that WILL be deleted in other forums...

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101
yup.
as I suspected.

If any of you lot have been in a forum before you'll know this happens from time to time.

every now and then the care takers forget why they're here. The Power goes to their heads and they start becoming concerned about "quality" although when they say "quality" they mean "opinion"

Mods have a certain amount of power.

if you put people with a little power in a room together they will start to lambast the state of whatever aspect of society they come from. This is because most people have a problem seperating power from worth.

they assume one equates to the other.

and thats why, every so often, they get a massive cob on and shout "RAH! LETS DO SOMTHING ABOUT IT" and go on a deletion spree.

If you like, its the message board equivelent of a company boss deciding that the rest of the staff need to clean up their act and should all wear suits.

I'm sure if you read the thread this was discussed on you'll find plenty of evidence of this sort of mentality.

best advice.

ignore it.

it goes away.
(it'll come back again next time they need an ego boost but on the whole it will disapear as quickly as it came)

what?

you got a problem with that?

...yeah...actually I do have a problem with that, and the problem is this:

You assume to think we Moderators/Admins HAVEN'T been debating in the Cosmic Forum over exactly how to go about doing this?? Actually...the decision to do something has long been discussed, eventually resulting in a good contributor and Moderator opting out of ATS due to the crap that gets posted here...believe me the initial options expressed by some were substantially more aggressive than anything I would support.

We aren't doing it for an ego boost...though I suspect your constant snidey little remarks and oh so radical 'swiping the nose of authority - you hip non-conformist you' are done to bolster your own ego.

My advice to you...cut your #e or feck off...

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by alien]

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
funniest example was the time the catty goths (anyone remember reality check) decided to have a quality cull.

It worked!

well......worked in the sense that the mods ended up being the only people there and the site shut down.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Though I agree with the general thrust of this campaign(It does look very Satchi and Satchi) if it elliminates worthless topics that have no possibility of going anywhere or cheap insults in the middle of sensible debates I would say that some Mods(exceptions know who they are)seem to spend little time on the open forums influencing the standard of discussion.They appear to only come out of the Cosmic Club to lay down strictures such as this.Having said that I hope the campaign is successful.

I'll have to look in my cupboard for my "Frankie Says" T-Shirt.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   
...yeah...actually I do have a problem with that, and the problem is this:
"You assume to think we Moderators/Admins HAVEN'T been debating in the Cosmic Forum over exactly how to go about doing this??"

Not sure how you got that impression, I'm sure you've had a lovely debate about it, in fact my post says that you have...Dob't worry doodle, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that you have spent plenty of time talking about this.
Believe me, I've seen the thread on other sites, I'm fairly familier with its content. The avatars were a nice touch (although again, The cattys tried that too, theirs read "cleaning up"

"Actually...the decision to do something has long been debated, believe me the initial options expressed by some were substantially more aggressive than anything I would support. "

fraid I can't comment, didn't see the thread.

"We aren't doing it for an ego boost...though I suspect your constant snidey little remarks and oh so radical 'swiping the nose of authority - you hip non-conformist you' are done to bolster your own ego."

Sorry, I didn't realise you were an authority...
on what exactly.

Look. I'm not attacking you, I've stated before that mods deserve our respect for doing what is, in many ways, a thankless job. I'm just debating a question by another member.

Besides, you invited it. what? did you think turning up with new avatars wouldn't be noticed?
You are inviting critisism and, as a friend of mine once said, the more seriously you take yourself, the more seriously people will critique what you do.

This whole thing with the avatars and the deletions is an ego massage, its a bit like you all walking into a playground wearing matching leather jackets that say "jets" in Rhine stones on the back.

Its your perfect right to do it, and 'm sure it will go down well with some people, your just going to have to accept that other people will just s'n-word'.

and hey!

you can allways ban the s'n-word'ing ones and then you don't have to worry about people 'swiping their nose" at your authority

"Mind advice to you...cut your #e or feck off... "

thanks.
heres my advice.

take off the silly jacket and come join the real world, its so much easier to talk to people on their level rather than trying to shout at them from atop some self constructed ivory tower.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Lupe...

Back off.

You have been a specific topic of our discussion in cosmic more than any other member who has not been banned.

As will be revealed, this strategy from moderators is to clean up the attitude and tone of the forums... not manage ideas and opinion as we see fit.

Only those who find it difficult to debate without insult have need for concern.

hmmmm...

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 06:14 AM
link   
...dude...I'm in the real world every day...working in a people profession helping them regain control and direction over their lives (Mental Health Worker)...so nope, sorry, I tend to do things on a person-to-person level...no need for any high and mighty ivory tower or nothing.

Sorry...my avatar is not an ego massage...wrong again...would be pretty damn pathetic to attempt to massage ones ego or attempt to gain any form of kudos over the net with people they don't even know or would never meet in their lives.

Jacket, maybe...sign of solidarity definitely.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 06:17 AM
link   
"You have been a specific topic of our discussion in cosmic more than any other member who has not been banned. "

urgh. don't you have lives?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join