It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Bush surveillance program was massive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Report: Bush surveillance program was massive

www.comcast.net

WASHINGTON — The Bush administration built an unprecedented surveillance operation to pull in mountains of information far beyond the warrantless wiretapping previously acknowledged, a team of federal inspectors general reported Friday, questioning the legal basis for the effort but shielding almost all details on grounds they're still too secret to reveal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

Make sure the "Snippet" is also copied exactly and not made up

[edit on 7/11/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Regardless how you feel about the patriot act, wire tapping, etc. There's no question that domestic intelligence was on fire fore the years following 9/11.

It'll be interesting to see just how much information collected and the techniques used as this comes to light. As for the rest? .. Well, you're conspiracy theorists. You figure it out.

www.comcast.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/11/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Star and Flag

I just saw this on the news and hoped someone would post, so thanks.

I think I am about to start a thread on the 911 Truth , Breaking & Alternative News, Political News, Alien UFO, and New World Order boards are hard to tell the difference between now....

everything we know about the New World Order is coming to past; no longer 'crazy conspiracies'

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
of course. how do you think this country and all the other G8 (wink wink) countries got into the state they're in? these dudes have blackmail on every member of government they can't or don't want to buy off. that's been clear since the reagan days. bush-43's peeps were just kind of dumb about blundering around with it so it showed more than it did under clinton, bush-41, and the reagan.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I tried to warn everybody about the abuse of eavesdropping and back door drilling. It just nice to read how absolute power can corrupt.
this is why its so essential for the public to use their votes to change the laws.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Cheney's aide, what's- his- name Addington basically ran this program. That one guy decided who should be told about the spying program. (Almost no one was told!)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This kind of makes me laugh because I know the scanners pick up on certain words...

I can't even imagine how many times some agent got signaled to my conversations lol

I know from one side this conversation has happened

"Dude that's Bomb... Killer... Radical... Sick... Killer... That's Psycho man... Yeah... Oh you should totally Kill him dude... Yeah it's all blown up bro... Naw burn it without me... "

Thank God I end my conversations with "PEACE"

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
At the very least, this adds some credence to anyone who's ever worried on these boards about surveillance. Passive or not, it seems there's a lot more activity dusting everything we do. :]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Seems like Cheney was behind the massive CIA Op. no one told Congress about:

www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

top topics

join