It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a Flip Flop on every issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
In looking back over the death spiral into complete absurdity, that happens to be coinciding with the American public realizing they deserve better, I noticed a fascinating bit of truth: The Bush Administration is not only a cadre of pathological wafflers /Flip Floppers but is so by being completely poll driven.
They'll take a moronic stand on an issue that has Conservatives & Progressives alike both asking why they just don't cowboy up & take their whupping like men. Then after seeing the media returns on everone's outrage or having poll numbers dip, they'll reverse it.
Case in point: Bush saying he's Sorry.

cnn.aimtoday.cnn.com.../ff/story/0001%2F20040506%2F2041838168.htm&sc=1152&photoid=20040506RE103

Wednesday, you had Scott " I'm as much of a scumbag as Ari" McClellan actual answer a question from a White House beat reporter like this:

REPORTER: " Scott, if the president(sic) is sorry, why didn't he say so himself"?

McDOUCHBAG: " He did, I'm saying it for him right NOW"

Polls & scathing reponse from ALL OVER the media map overnight & BOOM! We have an APOLOGY ( sort of!):
President Bush, struggling to control a growing crisis, apologized Thursday for the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by American soldiers and called it ``a stain on our country's honor.''
Usually loath to acknowledge mistakes or to apologize, Bush spoke up in the Rose Garden after meeting with Jordan's King Abdullah II.

``I told him I was sorry for the humiliation suffered by the Iraqi prisoners and the humiliation suffered by their families,'' the president said. ``I told him I was equally sorry that people who have been seeing those pictures didn't understand the true nature and heart of America.''

Thank Beejeebus that a King from Jordan got an apology, that's exactly the same as an Iraqi camel crap farmer who was forced to paly naked Twister, no?

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

The Bush Administration is not only a cadre of pathological wafflers /Flip Floppers but is so by being completely poll driven.

replace bush with clinton and the statement would still hold true. (not clinton bashing but bush isnt the first to do this, its old hat really)

hell replace bush with just about ANY politicians name and it would still be 100% accurate.

he's just a politician, one step below a lawyer and thats pretty frigging low to begin with.

pretty much all politicians have learned that they can use polls to boost their approval ratings by saying things they think people WANT to hear, not what they need to hear. and a lot of people like to hear things they want to hear, things they coincide with what they think and believe, not necessarily whats in the best interest of everyone, only themselves.

its a popularity contest, nothing more.

politicians are not sorry for what happens, only for being caught or having it happen under their watch. they're sorry it will hurt their politicial career, they're sorry it will cost them future votes. they're not sorry for anything else.

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
politicians are not sorry for what happens, only for being caught or having it happen under their watch.

Too true.

But what I don't understand, from running my own practice for over 10 years and dealing with C level executives the whole time, is the complete lack acknowledgement on their part regarding obstinance of the smallest issues.
Meaning, he should have condemned - apologized & been done with it. No one is deluded enough to think it would have been heart felt, but the hold out of doing so until forced when the consequence of doing it was so negligable, is the nadir of ignorance & arrogance.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

REPORTER: " Scott, if the president(sic) is sorry, why didn't he say so himself"?

McDOUCHBAG: " He did, I'm saying it for him right NOW"

Did you know that Bush also said that he is a megolomaniac with delusions of godhood and wants to rule the world by the time he's 60 ?

Well, actually I said it for him, so it must be true.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
BT, you have really stepped in a pile of poo on this one when you know that you are pointing to a speck in one's eye when the other has a plank in his.

If you are rooting for Kerry (and I know you are), you really should be cautious about which topics you bring up!

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Meaning, he should have condemned - apologized & been done with it. No one is deluded enough to think it would have been heart felt, but the hold out of doing so until forced when the consequence of doing it was so negligable, is the nadir of ignorance & arrogance.

Had he done so, it would have been in a Kerry ad the next day, just like what would have happened had he appologized for 9-11.

As to the flip-flops...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
(think that's all of em, but I may have missed one or two
)

Woah, not all the lies and flipflops, just the threads pointing them out.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
With Bush: Every social, environmental and military policy, every one, has been a bold faced lie.

"No Child Left Behind" - did not fund it in his budget

"Iraq will cost $50B" - that number is long gone and the $25B being asked for is an election year lie that will balloon to $100B if re-elected.

How's about:
�Having been here and seeing the care that
these troops get is comforting for me and
Laura. We are -- should and must provide
the best care for anybody who is willing to
put their life in harm's way.�
� Bush, 1/17/03

Bush's visit came on the same day that the administration announced it is immediately cutting off access to its health care system approximately
164,000 veterans [W. Post, 1/17/03].

�We're dealing with first-time responders to make sure they've got what's needed to be able to respond. � � Bush, 3/27/2002

Bush had been saying that he was proposing $3.5 billion in �new� money for first responders. However, his budget tried to cut more than $1 billion out of existing grants to local police/fire departments to fund this. Then, in August of 2002, Bush rejected $150 million for
grants to state and local first responders. Bush�s decision prompted the President of the Firefighters Union to say, �President Bush, don't lionize our fallen brothers in one breath, and then stab us in the back by eliminating funding for our members to fight terrorism and stay safe.� The President of the Virginia firefighters association said, �The president has merely been using
firefighters and their families for one big photo opportunity.�

�I said when I was running for President, I
supported ethanol, and I meant it.
(Applause.) I support it now, because not
only do I know it's important for the ag
sector of our economy, it's an important part
of making sure we become less reliant on
foreign sources of energy.�
� Bush at South
Dakota Ethanol Plant 4/24/02

According to the AP, Bush�s 2004 budget
proposes to eliminate funding for the
bioenergy program that funds the Dakota
Ethanol Plant he visited. [4/22/02]

And ther's plenty more HERE

The issues of delivery within the office you are sworn to is the thinking man's focus. In that circumstance, Bush has lied, mislead & not delivered on anything he's said since taking office.

Quote Junglejake: "Had he done so, it would have been in a Kerry ad the next day, just like what would have happened had he appologized for 9-11. "

That's your threshold for a leader? Doing what's politically convenient? Shirking responsibility because of poll points? Pitiful & illustrative of the Bush supporter psyche..."do anything, say anything, but stay in power"

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You miss the pojnt, BT, rocks, glass houses and stuff?!?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
And as far as your siggy, BT, it seems that the man who rendered himself unconscious with a pretzel has been doing a much better job than the one who was too stupid to inhale! Not to mention knew what the definition of is is!!

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Bush wins hands down, you are right sir!

The Kerry flip flop allegations are going to lead you two ways:
1) You research & have it proven/disproven. You walk away understanding that time & tide stand for no man....neither do opnions when variables change & reason forces you to reconsider.

OR

2) It's a leg to stand on for a double amputee at the knee president like Bush.

(I think I know where you & JJ stand, huh?
)

top topics

join