It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Export F35 to be `monkey model`

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
2 links above -1st is from the LO/CLO ExCom, the words are used in that government release - policy on international sales of stealth related to national security; second is from Chrisitan Lowe - who is far more respected within the indusrty than many `so called` sources , since the guy gets embedded with most units he wishes , gets his hands on equipment before line units and talks to the people that need to know.

no , lockheed press conferences are just that - selling the who ` with or without engine` cost and its alledged benefits to those who will pay for it - but they do NOT say how stealth it will be , read up integirl has said the same thing.

The current environment of for Low Observable/Counter Low Observable (LO/CLO) technologies has made it extremely difficult to distinguish between technologies, which are appropriate for export through the commercial marketplace, and militarily critical technologies requiring further controls. This section is intended to highlight for users of signature control technologies the export coordination and approval requirements and critical LO and CLO technologies. The MCTL must be used in conjunction with other relevant program and policy guidance, to include the following:
• DoD 5220.22M, “National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
• DoD Instruction S-5230.28, “Low Observable (LO) and Counter Low Observable (CLO) Programs (S-NF),” October 2, 2000
• “Security Classification Guide for Department of Defense (DoD) Low/Counter Low Observable (LO/CLO) Programs (U),” October 2, 2000
• Specific program classification guidance
• Government contractual guidance

thats from 2001; the US has restrictions into what it sells and to whom - and that very much includes any LO feature set of an aircraft - and is all under the umbrella of the USA`s National Disclosure policy;

cryptome.org...

edit:

lockheed have been paid nearly $1 billion USD to `saniize` the export F35 in line with the US national disclosure policy , thats straight from:

www.defenselink.mil...

Lockheed Martin will design, develop, verify and test a version of the JSF air system that is as common as possible to the U.S. air system within the National Disclosure Policy.

and

www.defenselink.mil...

purpose of the Delta SDD is to develop a version of the JSF Air System that meets U.S. National Disclosure Policy, but remains common to the U.S. Air System, where possible

those are straight from the DoD military contracts pages: they have allready been paid to make the monkey model.

[edit on 24/7/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I just saw a documentary on dutch tv where they discused the jsf, the original designer of the F16 said the F35 was rubbish [he likes to continue getting paid for F16's sales obviously ] but he said it was no air superiority fighter or intercepter, its just an unwieldly bomber that's all. If this is true the exportmodel is even worse..Whats your opinion on this?

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
I just saw a documentary on dutch tv where they discused the jsf, the original designer of the F16 said the F35 was rubbish [he likes to continue getting paid for F16's sales obviously ] but he said it was no air superiority fighter or intercepter, its just an unwieldly bomber that's all. If this is true the exportmodel is even worse..Whats your opinion on this?

30 years ago he also said the F-15 was too dependent on radar guided missiles, and the F-16 had superior maneuverability. He also said that we should dispense of night and all-weather capability. i.e. He has been wildly incorrect in the past, therefore take what he said with a grain of salt.

Also, the F-16 is now built at the same place as the F-35, by the same company.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

30 years ago he also said the F-15 was too dependent on radar guided missiles, and the F-16 had superior maneuverability. He also said that we should dispense of night and all-weather capability. i.e. He has been wildly incorrect in the past, therefore take what he said with a grain of salt.

Pierre Sprey right?
he also said the raptor flies like a turkey

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just wondered.. You airforce also has the F18 right, for how long will that be in use?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

Pierre Sprey right?
he also said the raptor flies like a turkey

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just wondered.. You airforce also has the F18 right, for how long will that be in use?

We are supposed to receive our first F-35 this decade, but it won't fully replace the F-18 till sometime next decade. We receive our first Super Hornet this year which is probably going to fly till 2030 or beyond. In any case, it wouldn't surprise me if we cancel the F-35 and get more Super Hornets.

[edit on 10/8/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
My country Australia has placed an order for 100 F-35s, enough for four fighter squadrons.

The RAAF would back out of the deal if it does not receive U.S.-spec F-35s in place of export monkey models.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join