It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security at Federal Buildings Fails to Catch Bomb Materials in Undercover Tests, Report Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

WASHINGTON -- Government investigators smuggled bomb-making materials into federal buildings past the police agency charged with protecting those buildings and found numerous other gaps in security, according to a congressional report.

The Government Accountability Office said investigators carried bomb-making materials past security at 10 federal buildings. Security at these buildings and a total of about 9,000 federal buildings around the country is provided by the Federal Protective Service, a target of the probe.
www.foxnews.com...

Well even our own government admits that it is possible to sneak bombs into federal buildings even in this "post 9/11 world". I guess this does lend credence to the theory of people sneaking bombs or explosives into the WTCs and setting them off helping in the free fall collapse. I'd assume security would of been much more lax pre 9/11. BTW Federal Protective Service is a private company from what I understand.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by mybigunit]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Thank you for posting this one unit. Although we have battled back and forth in the past on previous posts this is a point I have been trying to make (along with many others) about how it is VERY possible to smuggle bombs and materials into buildings.

I also pointed to the group that smuggled like materials into airports past security and was caught only once in all of the major airports AFTER 911.

This is simply another example of the many gaps in the arguments of just how safe we were under Bush after 911 and why we weren't attacked again. I'm sorry but if the initial attack was pulled off by 'terrorists' there really is nothing preventing them from doing it again. Period. Thus, if they are hell bent on our destruction then why haven't there been other attacks? Even small ones. They don't all have to be on the grand scale or bigger than 911. Just bombs going off in buildings and so on. The typical 'terrorist' activity of fear. Yet that hasn't even happened.

It smells people. Period.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
More proof that "Homeland Security" is just a huge waste of money. I thought the Republicans were against big government but BushCo made one of the largest federal agencies of all time and they are worthless. If someone wants you dead, face it, you're dead.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
2 things.

1) There were unexploded bombs removed from the Murrah Federal Building, that was bombed during the OKC bombing, and there are federal memos from FEMA and the military admitting these bombs were removed from the building. Someone got them into the building undetected, or at least without anyone reporting it

2) I posted another thread on how construction crews welded 200 or 300 plates to the structure of a NY skyscraper during the dead of night to strengthen it, and hardly a soul knew about it or realized it was ever happening. The only reason I know about it, is because some news source did an article about it and why it was being done.

Everyone who thinks everyone else is always on their tip toes looking out for the "bad guys," is just dreaming wishfully. Naive.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Oh, come on bsbray, those are CONSPIRACIES! Shhhhhhhhhhh! You can't talk about those because that means you are a NUTJOB!

It's a joke. All of it. The psuedo skeptics that keep coming back with the same old arguments of how we are safer from what Bush and Co achieved or that people would have noticed things is dead. End of story on that. More and more evidence keeps piling up on top of the BS that is being spewed out.

Those buildings were brought down with explosives. They were planted by people that lived in this country and most likely worked for it.

Just like the Murrah Building. But then again, it's a CONSPIRACY and we all know the kind of people that believe in those! Stupid nutjobs that they are! *heavy psycho babbled sarcasm there*

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
interesting that Fox carried this story in this day and age. Sounds like plausible deniability to me.

Queue the false-flag ops, bring down a building, and viola! - Blame it on building security for letting those dern terrerists attack us! (most likely Iranians this time)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Reason you do work like this at night is because people WORK there
during the day! To avoid disruptions the work is scheduled at night.

For last several weeks been remodeling various bank branches
Saturday nights/Sunday morning - now is this some deep dark
conspiracy or is it to avoid closing bank during business hours.....

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

Reason you do work like this at night is because people WORK there
during the day! To avoid disruptions the work is scheduled at night.

BsBray's example is not because the building had workers in there during the day. The reason they welded those plates at night was because if the workers HAD known what was going on, they wouldn't have gone to work in a building that would fail from a strong wind.

Look it up.

top topics

join