It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Jackson's Funeral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Michael Jackson's funeral will be a huge event. I think it will be bigger than Princess Diana's.

I think he will have a great send-off, and he deserves to. A truly gifted performer and a most misunderstood person, and an abused person as well.

I salute Michael and his talented family.

RIP.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
From what I've been hearing on the news, this 'funeral' isn't really a funeral. He's to be buried at 11:00 am Eastern Time at Forrest Lawn and then the stadium event is going to be a memorial event like a concernt kind of thing.

At least that's what the news has been saying this morning.

From FIND A GRAVE - www.findagrave.com

Michael Jackson

I expect this will be updated later to reveal his place of burial.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I feel the saddest for his 3 innocent kids left behind.
Their mother has reported via the media that they are all from sperm donors.
Nice thing for their mother to tell the world and them....

The thing that makes me sad is these kids loved and adored their Dad.
Regardless of what other people thought of him
This alone brings a tear to my eyes....

RIP Micheal and god bless his 3 kids and best wishes to them.

BTW (the memorial service will be covered in Australia at 3AM tomorrow morning for those who want to watch it. )

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

BTW (the memorial service will be covered in Australia at 3AM tomorrow morning for those who want to watch it. )

I'm from the UK but I for one WILL NOT be watching , FFS people , he might have made good music 10-15 years ago but other than that nothing the last few years apart from his spending habits, Who honestly gives a hoot?

I don't the sooner he's off the frontpages and the loonies go back to worshiping America has talent the better I'll feel. There's more important people to me that have died that I actually feel sorry for, FFS the Diana mourning hasn't stopped yet and she croaked over 10 years ago. Get a life.

Theres more important things to worry about these days than which celeb has died or who's banging who?

[edit on 7/7/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

I respect your feelings on the matter.
I was only putting the info out there for those that were interested and who weren't aware that it was being broadcast that early in the morning.

I'll be watching if for no other reason that MJ was a huge influence on Pop music and regardless of how I feel about the man personally, he is a modern day Pop Icon.
It's a moment in Pop Culture that I'm sure people will be talking about in years to come.
I'm not a fan of MJ the man, but his music is still fresh today.
Billie Jean is growing on me all over again after all the recent plays it's had in
MJ news items...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
TMZ.COM

Now TMZ is reporting that his body WILL be at the Staples Center.
If true, this is a bad idea.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Just my opinion but Michael Jackson was a freaky looking creep.

Hopefully his children will be allowed to live a more normal life now that the creep is gone.

And he won't be giving little boys magic kool aid anymore so he can get in their pants.

This is indeed a sad state of affairs. I suppose it was OK for him to molest children.

Makes me want to throw up.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Thats the trouble we have as a society these days, we place so much pressure onto a singular individual for something like MJ for his singing talent that the media think they shouldn't have any kind of privacy.
The MSM thinks that because they are a 'celebrity' they should be watched 24/7 as 'someone' may be interested.
They get paid stupid amounts of money and then feel the need to waste shedloads of it, either by sniffing it up their noses, wasting on fast cars, hookers, payoffs for touching up kids ( apparently) the 'celebrity' needs to keep working so the manager can have his share of the pie, so much so that the celeb needs 'leisure pharmaceuticals' to keep working .

If we gave these people some time off then maybe these celebs would be able to get some order into their lives. Get a break, but when celebs are so 'popular' according to the media then all kinds of hysteria settles in around them, whether its a stalker or a legion of 'adoring fans' who in my opinion need to have a reality check, this celeb may give shows they can attend, they may like his music even but the celeb aint wanna get any closer to the public is he/she/they?

Sure mourn the fact that someone has died but tehn do go overboard, by traveling halfway across the world wailing and crying , my real annoyance is the fact that 'fans' moan and blub about how their idol has died, idol? IDOL? they liked his music big deal, I liked some of his tracks , but I sure as hell aint gonna cry myself to sleep over the loss. People die every minute of every day, do we cry for them? no.
So why do we cry for MJ or any other celeb for that matter?
Because the media want us to feel sadness , well Boof*ckingHoo. There ya go. I'm all cried out for MJ.
Its all a media publicity stunt anywaythat cost a 'celeb his life', to keep us distracted while the moneyhoarders stick the knife in our backs and twist, there are people losing their homes, businesses and families but MJ is dead , cry for him instead.
Billie Jean aint growing on me though although its a good track, I'll listen to it but when teh radios blow every MJ track for non stop 24 hours then I tend to get annoyed .....

[edit on 7/7/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
For those interested ... TMZ is having live streaming ...

TMZ

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
People are manipulated into feeling an incredible loss for Jackson. At the same time, the orchestrator's of your emotions are rubbing their hands together thinking about all the cold, hard cash they are about to palm.

For years now, the media couldn't say anything nice about Jackson because all his eccentricities made good copy... it sold papers, magazines and made people watch programs like Entertainment Tonight for the next Wacko Jacko expose....

But now... suddenly... The King Is Dead? Poor Michael? He was the Greatest? Hypocrites!

Ever get the feeling you're being had?

IRM

[edit on 7/7/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I totally agree with you. It's funny now that he's dead all these people come out of the wood work and say , "Oh, he's my hero and I loved him so much."

Where were these people when he was in court for his "touchy touchy" actions.

There were as far away as possible. I hate celeb's with a passion, they are all stuck up two-faced spoiled hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
For years now, the media couldn't say anything nice about Jackson

You are so right. All the celebrities and all those in the media have jumped on the 'he's fantastic' bandwagon. For years and years, all through the pedophile issues, it was either time to rag on Jackson or pretend he didn't exist.

Where were all these celebs that were his 'good friends' during those years?

I admit, when viewing all the memorials on tv, it was nice to remember who he USED to be. He was very, very, talented and he had a horrid home life. He was an amazing talent. All the clips of the past reminded me of that.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'm going to try to watch it, and thank you to all of you who are willing to speak of the dead with respect.

He was a phenomenal talent, and a target, a huge target for greedy people. Its too bad. Fame does not come without a heavy price to pay.

I am not judge and jury, so i will never say anything bad about him. He brought the entire world a form of entertainment that was an inspiration to many on this planet.

The reason for the huge homenage is that he was an international celebrity. Unlike Farrah, or the others who recently passed away, he was world renowed.

Was he eccentric (sp)? Yes. But people with that kind of status live that kind of life. Who are we to judge? Good for him. I'd be flamboyant and eccentric too if i had so much and the world at my feet.

Anyway, thank you Op for starting this thread.

And MJ, rest in peace.

Some are ripping mad because they're devoting so much time to him. Well, i agree a lot has been said about him in previous days, but given the choice of remembering him or watching LIES barked at us by our media, i think its refreshing to see something upsetting, but yet real.
I dont get why people are so "upset" by the coverage.
Those of you cant get your fix for lies for a few days. :shk:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Billie Jean aint growing on me though although its a good track, I'll listen to it but when teh radios
blow every MJ track for non stop 24 hours then I tend to get annoyed .....

Well I just heard a song that I haven't heard in ages.
Human Nature. Now this track brings back some memories.
I've missed the whole MJ hysteria the last week but watching this memorial and hearing these songs again is great.

I haven't listened to his songs in absolute AGES so this is new to me at the moment.

BTW it is a bit over the top here. We have 3 commercial channels and 1 government station and they are all dedicated to the memorial.
Can't remember the last time that happened.
Wonder if this is just an Aussie phenomenon or if it's a worldwide thing?
Maybe it's due to the fact that Jacko got married in Australia twice.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Goodness. Watching that had me in floods of tears, I dont know.. there was something pretty special about everyone up on that stage tonight,

There was a pureness about the performances, like everyone was having a moment where they realized life is short and there is so much beauty out there,

When they sang heal the world it just felt so real, In a day and age where we are faced with allot of tragedy it was good to see people coming together,

I just wish that feeling would last forever,

My heart is with his children them kids have so much to now go through,
*Sighs*

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
this was one of the most emotional thing i've ever seen!

Thank you michael Jackson. you live on forever!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
High Point - Brooke Shields who is either the worlds greatest actor, or a broken hearted friend.

Low Point - Politician Sheila Jackson Lee pimping her Michael Jackson House Resolution

(I can't believe she did that)

More on the resolution here -

ATS Thread - Stupidest House Resolution Ever

new topics

top topics

join