It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Al-Qaeda offers Gold for Assassinations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Rewards of gold are said to be on offer for the assassinations of top US and UN officials, according to a message purportedly from Osama Bin Laden. The statement said 10kg (22lb) of gold would be given to anyone killing the US Iraq administrator Paul Bremer or senior military officers.

The same - worth about $125,000 - was offered for UN chief Kofi Annan or his Iraq envoy Lakhdar Brahimi.

The message was published on a website known to be used by Islamist militants.

Smaller rewards of 1kg of gold were offered for the deaths of ordinary Americans and Britons, and half that was pledged for the killings of citizens of Japan and Italy, who were called "slaves" of the UN Security Council.

Well, I think we should all be bracing for more terrorist attacks coming soon. However, I think that the new 'mercenary' form of Al-Qaeda means that they are losing their power/cells in foreign countries, which means that Al Qaeda (therefore well planned) terrorist attacks could be on a decline/over.. But the threat of mad fanatics could still cause a serious problem.

BBC.CO.UK

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Valhall]

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
22lbs ehh??? Thats enough to persuade me....
jk

I agree with you...Al-Qaeda is alot less organized now...and losing there strength in certain countries, like the USA...now there paying people that kill our top officials...thats just kinda horrible now....this could be sort of a problem....

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yeah
But I think this offer here is actually serious not like the 3 million US ones that we heard about last week?
Al Qaeda have to be weakening if this is true.. but perhaps it's a bluff? Though I seriously doubt it from all the arrests and stuff, especially in England... Though I think the shyte will hit the fan in Iraq in the coming days

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Heres A Link to the MSNBC Version

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
well if we can put price tags on their heads, it's obvious they in turn can do the same our officials. I don't think it will motivate anyone anymore than the reasons they would currently want to get these guys. The bounty would just be additional benefit to anyone who was lucky enough to do it and survive....very unlikely scenario in the first place.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Gold? .. wow seems it takes more than just 72 virgins now, I guess.

Does this gold come in the afterlife with the virgins or can they collect the gold while still living?

Gazz

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Considering Bin Laden seems to be so hard to find, how would one go about collecting a reward?? Most likely, it's an empty promise as well as an indication of losing strength to do the job themselves.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Gold has a greater value than money in many cultures.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
its a ploy thats all, either a tactic thought up by the guberment to keep tax money a flowing or its the real deal in witch case bin ladeedaden is running short on straws...... he will either turn up in a dumpster in L.A. or caught in sadam's bunker.

where-ever his mastercard takes him im sure he will be caught or ratted out for food or shelter.

Mr. Laden i would like to say, "Lamer"

oh yeah hes gettin cheap too, i thought it was 3 million last time, frickin lamer! SHOW ME THE MONEY!

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Trance]

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Trance]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
There is another context to this. It's a proof of life. He quoted the gold prices, which is a way to say he's still around.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Gold? .. wow seems it takes more than just 72 virgins now, I guess.

Does this gold come in the afterlife with the virgins or can they collect the gold while still living?

Gazz

Now where did you get that from? Definetely not the Qur'an because the no where does the Holy Qur'an mention any 72 virgins

Let me guess, you're a brainwashed victim of the media also?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Ok, pretend im a fanatical type living in iraq, and i wanted to collect on this deal....asuming i did actually kill one of the targets, how would i go about collecting?
what kind of proof do i need that i did it? who exactly would you even ask to get your gold?

Q

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hey folks, maybe everyone's forgotten--there has been a price on the head of any and all Americans who can be killed anywhere in the world for a couple of years now. Yes, THIS MEANS YOU. That's right. According to Al-Q logic, we're all guilty just for paying the taxes that support our government. (Like we have a choice!)

This new offer does verily reek of desperation. Looks like a very plain statement that says "We don't have the capability to do this, so we're opening the job up for bids", more or less. A good sign, I think. Yet another reason for the mercs to work for our side--we pay lots better, and we're easy to find when it comes time to collect!

Man, I bet the guy who didn't turn Saddam over willingly is really kicking himself in the ass right now.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Smaller rewards of 1kg of gold were offered for the deaths of ordinary Americans and Britons

So I'm only worth 1kg ??? Bollocks to that idea.
I wonder how much Blair's worth ? ... 20p and a mars bar probably

I remember when Salman Rushdie had a fatwah placed on him by the Ayatollah Komeni who then demanded that all muslims kill Rushdie on sight. As far as I'm aware, he's still alive, basically because the average Muslim knew it was a stupid idea anyway (and the book's crap too).

I think the same will happen now. Only the fundies will try anything. The average Muslim won't give an arse about bin Laden's 'offer'.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Al-Qaeda can piss off. After what they did to my city, the only metal they should be dealing with is the lead being shot at them.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

So I'm only worth 1kg ??? Bollocks to that idea.
I wonder how much Blair's worth ? ... 20p and a mars bar probably

I'll take a Mars Bar over gold any day!

but seriously, i think Blair's worth about the same as Bremer and those folks, the 10kg of gold.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
There is another context to this. It's a proof of life. He quoted the gold prices, which is a way to say he's still around.

He did? I looked at the MSN article, the BBC article and the CNN article and found references by journalists to the current value of the offer, but I couldn't find any references by Bin Ladin about the current price of gold. Can you tell me where you found him quoting gold prices?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Well he named the US Administrator in Iraq
so he must have been alive in the past year

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Another reward was offered by Sheik Abdul-Sattar al-Bahadli, a senior aide of Muqtada al-Sadr, for the killing of British soldiers.

Waving documents and photographs which he claimed were of three Iraqi women being raped at British-run prisons, he said $350 (�195) would be given to anyone who captured a British soldier and $150 for killing one.

He told the 3,000 worshippers that anyone who captured a woman soldier would be allowed to keep her as a slave. Al-Bahadli is a close adviser to Muqtada al-Sadr, head of the Mahdi army which is at the centre of fighting in the holy cities of Najaf and Karbala.

Telegraph
Scotsman

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
If one of the people was killed, how would the killer claim their money?

How would they be able to prove they done it, collect the money and remain free/alive to spend the money?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join