It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: We 'Misread the Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Good Lord! Why am I not surprised....and the hits just keep coming. This is a nice way of Biden lying in my opinion. I would probably have more respect for him if he just came out and just said F*** Y** America! This is what we get when they just sign bills with out reading them. Same old same old nothing is changing with this new administration and I gave them the benefit of the doubt...NO MORE.

If the embedded video does not work, just click on the link to the YouTube video and it will take you to the video. Not sure why the video has been disabled or who requested it to be disabled...perhaps a conspiracy in itself.

[edit on 7/5/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm not a former Senator. I was never a community organizer, except that one time when the little 2 year old girl got lost one night. I never went to Harvard, or Columbia, or Yale. I never invested 3000 dollars and received 100,000 dollars the next year from that investment. I could never even be elected dog catcher, not with my past.
I really don't understand derivatives trading. I don't have any idea of what a toxic asset is, although, it doesn't sound good to me. But one thing I do understand is that the economy is still in the tank and will be for some time to come. I do know that if I am in a tough spot and have a deficit spending habit, that spending even more money that I don't have won't save me and make me prosperous, unless, say, I have the secret to free energy from the universe and will undoubtedly earn a fortune from this secret if I can just spend a few thousand more dollars to market it. Ooops. I misread the economy.
Hell, Ray Charles could have seen this, and he is dead.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

No doubt, I hate liar's.

I guess that will be his speech about the Health care plan thats being shoved down our throats.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
when the people have no voice in washington .......the only voice talking back to them will be lying.....because they can ....and they can get away with it and they can rationalize it to themselves

polticians lie all day .....they understand it comes with the territory ....they probably believe it is for our own good....they prolly see them as little white lies as they are programmed to tell so many

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
We are so screwed...
Second line -> We are so screwed...

S&F For Op

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Screwed and lied to and lied to and screwed.

I don't believe much that comes out of the mouths of politicians, especially in this administration. It's classic, having to lie to cover a lie and talk in circles hoping the people don't catch on.

I'm sure as heck no economist, but common sense said months ago, this stimulus plan and all that went along with it wasn't going to work. The bankers got what they needed, but everyone else I know that is either out of work or cut back is still out of work or working less or making less. I don't forsee it getting better anytime soon. I'll not hold my breath waiting for Obama and his administration to fix it.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I like it how politicians pretend to understand economics. Most couldn't even run a small business. They didn't mis-read the economy, they got played by people who do understand economics and who have made or will make a huge amount of money because of the actions they told the government to take. When you have former/current employees of goldman sachs, GE ect. telling you to give money to their former company and friends or pass legislation that will favor their company it might be a good idea to think about their motives.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well, the banks got billions or trillions, or whatever it was, not like I can comprehend that many zeros and didn't have to account for a darned bit of it, yet the car makers and anyone else wanting/needing the money had to jump through hoops and still got screwed and thousand unemployed.

How are they going to show how they paid it back and why did they need an okay to do so.

I wish I had a magic Obama calculator to balance my checkbook. I might actually show to have a bit more money than I thought.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I can understand that politicians lie, it is an age old reality.

The media, on the other hand, should have been going after each and every politician with a fury since this economy started to crash. The media should have looked into their voting records, their connections, their investments, and provided enough information to the public so an informed vote can be made.

Instead we get the same democrat/republican show when it is obvious that these parties have no interest in serving the people.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What the F Biden? You misread the economy? You think?

Anyone that pays any attention to what has been happening...they all knew you were full of BS when you were pushing the stimulus...and everything else that has tried to be shoved down our throats.

I'm a regular schmuck....and even I knew that they were full of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
And this from a guy who has been in the Senate for over 30 years...

Hell, he caused a lot of this mess!

And now he's trying to feed us this line of BS? Ha!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
And in other breaking news by Joe Biden, the sky is blue, too, and has been apparently for years!

You know, I was just thinking a day or two ago, that I hadn't once seen Joe Biden in the news since he and Obama got elected. Now, I am in Canada, so I don't see everything that happens down there, but I sure as heck saw Cheney in the news a few times a week when he was VP. My mom was doing a crossword a few days ago and one of the clues was 'American VP', and she had to ask me who it was, that's how little he's done that has made it in news up here. Ah, well, I guess he's too busy watching the economy flushing down the drain. Glad to hear the VP only took a year longer than everyone else to figure out something is wrong, though.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
'We misread the economy'

I believe he's saying 'We have no idea what we're up against, or what we're doing'. Which pretty much verifies what we've been saying all along. They're doing the opposite of what they should be doing, the economy is artificial, unnatural, and in a make-believe bubble.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
So, this is the best answer he has..a 16 year olds excuuse why his/her homework wastn done, while they were off partying. tsk tsk tsk...yuoe think a preofessinal grown up, acitng with criminal intentions would have a better comeback

UMMMM WE know biden..we know yuo screwed up, weve been known since last year..dosnt take a geniuos to figure out what knida downslide were all in for.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
SECOND STIMULOUS!!!???

who was asking for a Second Stimulous?

WTF is going on here?

They are obviously preparing the country for a second stimulous.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Somebody asked where did the money go.

I think it goes into the military.

Didn't the Germans do that sort of thing?
Then all of a sudden they bust out launching missiles at another country!
That is a sure win when the other side can't even defend against your weapon.
I think all those German scientists came to America and live in Vegas and party like rock stars!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Good God...WHYYYYYY!?

Do we deserve this as a nation? Listening to this interview made me vomit in my own mouth over the stupidity comming from this administration. I am at the point now where I am crying for the next man/woman who fell spellbound over these morons. To reverse what Michelle Obama said, this is the very first time in my life where I am ASHAMED to be an American. Not because of my nation, but because of the dumbass crew that is now running it. I love all my countrymen, even the dumb ones, but I can not love the fact that we have the dumb ones running things for the rest of us. This presidency was not about black/white..it was about distraction, and what better of a way to distract the great people of this nation than to put a democratic man with a different skin color out there to woo the people into thinking things are going to get better than they ever truly will.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
What do you mean?!!

If you pick the right direction of the stock market you can make tons of money.

Convert it into whatever you want.... gold bars, Birkenstocks, whatever.

These politician guys are like tricky spokesmen for deadly weapons.

You are weeping for the stars.

The polliticians are similar to Billy Mays selling Oxy Clean, or Vince Shlomi selling ShamWow, only they are selling death. It is death to our enemies so it is cool with us.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by THX-1138]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

I think Obama is trying to keep in locked in a closet and gagged as he keeps putting feet in his mouth. The administration isn't going to be happy about these recent comments of his.

Every time he speaks he looks like an idiot, so they try to keep him quiet.

new topics

top topics

join