It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I Lost My Daughter to Paradise - Jehovah's Witnesses

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
A liberal would view this story as the valiant triumph of a young woman in her struggles against society's biased ways.

A conservative would ask why the hell someone got knocked up at 21 when she had no job, no house, and no partner.

Your call.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

That's a copout. You won't post your links because they are bogus. IF you don't backup what you say, then you might as well not say it.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
reply to post by shortywarn

PEOPLE read the whole thread. Her mom is dead, the child in question is now 27 with children of her own, the op's other children were also taken away from her by the courts (not the grandmother).
Stop, read and use your head.

you know you have some nerve,,,,,, you attack me,,,, and i saw on page 8 you attacked someone as well

i have a job ,,,,, i don't always have time to read a thread that is 8 pages long,,,, i read her story and wanted to show the op,,,, i read her story and feel her pain

use your head,,,, not all of us can spend all day on ats,,,, correcting , us lesser than you,, who may misread, take something out of context etc

thank god we have you to correct all of us

thanx,,,,, i only wish i called out of work to read all 8 pages,,,, so you wouldn't need to correct me

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn
i feel so bad for you,,,,,

but,,,, you have gotten some great feedback from members,,,,,,

i would send a copy of this whole thread to your mom,,,, granted she's so brainwashed it wouldn't change anything,,,, but maybe, just maybe it would make a little wrinkle on her

of course erase all evidence of ats,, and the conspiracy part,,,,, your mom,,, that crazy b-tch would surely use that against you in the future as well,,, right????

ps.,, i don't get jehovah's wit,,,, if only 38,000 get in heaven,,,, would you go around trying to recruite more people,,,,, that seems rather backwards to me

I have received some very good feedback from most members who replied. Even the nasty ones were not unexpected. I've been living with this for years. People are extremely judgmental without bothering to learn the facts, here and in real life.

The truly surprising thing to me, is that there are more good-hearted people on this subject than bad. My faith and hope in mankind is winning out over my doubts.

Thank you Shortywarn, I truly appreciate your empathy and understanding. Don't worry about the nasties, they usually do themselves in without much effort.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe 38,000 are going to heaven. They believe 144,000 are going to heaven, and believe the rest of them are going to be on Earth in a "paradise" forever. I know - I used to be a Jehovah's Witness for years till I woke up and escaped from the mind controlling cult.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Wow... I've unfortunately had something very similar happen to someone close to me. It's horrible how these agencies can operate with no checks and balances, no need to prove anything, etc. Yet, a politician can't take them on for fear of being branded "against kids"... This area of government has nearly Gestapo like powers and can remove kids from parents without much due process at all. It's sickening really.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It's not something I generally talk about, but I was also abandoned by both parents, raised by ultra-religious and mentally ill grandmother.

And I agreed with muzzleflash 110%.

From the perspective of the kid who's been there (not a kid anymore). Maybe if you haven't had this experience you can't see the wisdom in it. OP should pay very close attention to muzzle's first post, the one she kind of blew off. If she actually cares about her kid & isn't just an attention-mongerer, that is.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
reply to post by muzzleflash

It's not something I generally talk about, but I was also abandoned by both parents, raised by ultra-religious and mentally ill grandmother.

And I agreed with muzzleflash 110%.

From the perspective of the kid who's been there (not a kid anymore). Maybe if you haven't had this experience you can't see the wisdom in it. OP should pay very close attention to muzzle's first post, the one she kind of blew off. If she actually cares about her kid & isn't just an attention-mongerer, that is.

Were they Jehovah's Witnesses?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I'm glad I have read this, you are a strong woman who has been through a lot! A girl I work with, her mother and her are J.H. and they are litterally crazy. The mother is from Germany, and lived in Russia for a bit, while being a model. Her daughter is a runway model on the weekends, and I never thought about their religion to much. But after reading this, I can totally see that she grew up as your daughter when with your mother. She wants to be free and do what she wants, but her mom has her brainwashed into never having sex, going on a date without her there, staying out, having any alcohol, oh and btw she is a grown women now! Now there is probably more to it than just this, but my friend actually dated her and he said her mom thought he was literally satan trying to take her daughter away.

edit on 3/7/13 by SixX18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I grew up as a JW and I always find these threads interesting, to see what ideas people have of them. I haven't gone to meetings in years, but to this day, my friends that I grew up with and many of the JW's I met were some of the best people I have ever known. Were there some jerks here and there, yeah. Some weird people, sure. Some people of all different backgrounds and personalities, absolutely. But many were just great people, trying to do their best to understand the Bible and attempt to live with some morals, sometimes failing other times probably getting it right.

As far as the OP goes, I can't figure out what it is that JW's did to her or her family. It seems to me that the only person she should have a problem with is her mother.
edit on 7-3-2013 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
By the way, Jehovah's Witnesses not only believe only 144,000 go to heaven, but that the rest of the them will live on earth forever.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by TheMythLives

ok you may think you know all about this but you do not

I LIVED this exact story in my Life!

Religion is not the problem here. The problem is the biological parents reluctance to accept responsibility and face up to their mistakes.

The "grandmother" and her "congregation" would have had NO POWER if it was not for the biological parent.

You would probably take my mom's side as well, and pretend that SHE is the victim when in reality me- the abandoned child, was the real victim.

The ONLY PEOPLE responsible for a child are the two biological parents. Anything that happens to them as a result of their choices is the fault of the parents.

This is a good answer.! We are still responsible for our mistakes and we alone decides whats best for us. I know a lot of person who is JW but contrary to your mothers attitude, i think its a lame. Religion only provides guidance base on the bible and We may lead to a mistakes if we misinterpret the bible what it really says. in the end We still have our own individuality, attitude and belief. we should not judge someone or something base on here-says we should know what the fact really is.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join