It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Act II

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   
(WASHINGTON, Feb. 7, 2003) -- The Bush Administration is preparing a bold, comprehensive sequel to the USA Patriot Act passed in the wake of September 11, 2001, which will give the government broad, sweeping new powers to increase domestic intelligence-gathering, surveillance and law enforcement prerogatives, and simultaneously decrease judicial review and public access to information.

The Center for Public Integrity has obtained a draft, dated January 9, 2003, of this previously undisclosed legislation and is making it available in full text (12 MB). The bill, drafted by the staff of Attorney General John Ashcroft and entitled the Domestic Security Enhancement Act of 2003, has not been officially released by the Department of Justice, although rumors of its development have circulated around the Capitol for the last few months under the name of ���the Patriot Act II��� in legislative parlance.

READ THE DOCUMENT HERE
**Big .pdf file **

NEW LEGISLATION WOULD:

Radically expand law enforcement intelligence gathering authorities
Reduce or eliminate judicial oversight or surveillance
Authorize secret arrests
Create DNA database on unchecked executive "suspicion"
Create new death penalties
Revoke citizenship of persons belonging to or supporting "disfavored" political groups.

No one ever explained to me how the Federal Government knowing my Visa purchase at my local supermarket made America safer; can someone take a crack at explaining this!?!?

When busted on this latest piece of FASCIST LEGISLATION by BUSH & Co., these were the squirms and further lies:
"After the Center posted this story, Barbara Comstock, director of public affairs for the Justice Dept., released a statement saying that, "Department staff have not presented any final proposals to either the Attorney General or the White House. It would be premature to speculate on any future decisions, particularly ideas or proposals that are still being discussed at staff levels."

An Office of Legislative Affairs control sheet that was obtained by the PBS program "Now With Bill Moyers" seems to indicate that a copy of the bill was sent to Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert and Vice President Richard Cheney on Jan. 10, 2003. " Attached for your review and comment is a draft legislative proposal entitled the Domestice Security Enhancement Act of 2003", the memo, sent from OLP or Office of Legal Policy, says.

Comstock later told the Center that the draft "is an early discussion draft and it has not been sent to either the Vice President or the Speaker of the House."

Anybody else besides me wishing these folks would just burst into flames everytime they lie AND are caught in the lie by the government's own procedural notes?

Add to the above news that Ashcroft personally interjected himself in dozens of cases in my home state New York to mandate the death penalty in each case.

*** I can hear David Bowie sing: " This... is not... Ame---ri---ca, nah--nah--nah--nah--nah" ***

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Acknowledgements to Dragonrider for getting the word on this out yesterday...just read the post.

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yeah, more 9/11s are better than this...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Police State 3
video.google.com...

new topics

top topics

join