It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercially available wireless electricity is here ...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

The technnology is old, but much of Tesla's notes and drawings disappeared when he died. The government broke into his appartment and took everything that dealt with work.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Excellent news and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Hopefully this will make it through the tight fists of the fossil fuel and normal electric corporations! If so it looks like the future we all dream about could not be too far off. I will have to look over these papers further,again thank you for bringing this to ATSs attention!

PS: Just the thought of a wireless energy world is making me excited, it would cut down the energy needs a issues by a MAJOR percentage. This should lead to free energy as well. IF this comes to pass it sure will be cool living in a world that has been depicted and dreamed of by so many in the past.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Can someone please explain why 100 year old technology is just now being put to use commercially? (serious question!)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
When you start using really high tension (voltage), the electrostatic ripples caused by the alternating pulses travel even further... according to Tesla's patent, as the voltage goes up into the thousands or millions of volts, the disturbance travels quite an amazing distance (it doesn't seem to be logarithmic in the power increase required beyond a certain point... I think was what he was getting at)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sfen Senterra

This is a good point hopefully someone will explain in simple terms, also not too sure of the radiation waves.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

Two things

1. How magnetic field will affect humans?
2. How large magnetic field will affect or confuse migrating birds, bees and so on
3. If electricity goes wireless - we could generate electricity at home and share it with our neighbours. That might gonna lead to the collapse of the energy industry (rip off) - imagine what would happen if we all would be producers of energy and would not need grid to share it with others.

Great stuff. Nonetheless large electromagnetic fields are worrying prospect.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
Thanks for sharing.

Two things

1. How magnetic field will affect humans?

This is what they say:

Non-Radiative Energy Transfer is Safe for People and Animals

WiTricity’s technology is a non-radiative mode of energy transfer, relying instead on the magnetic near field. Magnetic fields interact very weakly with biological organisms—people and animals—and are scientifically regarded to be safe. Professor Sir John Pendry of Imperial College London, a world renowned physicist, explains: “The body really responds strongly to electric fields, which is why you can cook a chicken in a microwave. But it doesn't respond to magnetic fields. As far as we know the body has almost zero response to magnetic fields in terms of the amount of power it absorbs." Evidence of the safety of magnetic fields is illustrated by the widespread acceptance and safety of household magnetic induction cooktops.

Through proprietary design of the WiTricity source, electric fields are almost completely contained within the source. This design results in levels of electric and magnetic fields which fall well within regulatory guidelines. Thus WiTricity technology doesn’t give rise to radio frequency emissions that interfere with other electronic devices, and is not a source of electric and magnetic field levels that pose a risk to people or animals.

Limits for human exposure to magnetic fields are set by regulatory bodies such as the FCC, ICNIRP, and are based on broad scientific and medical consensus. WiTricity technology is being developed to be fully compliant with applicable regulations regarding magnetic fields and electromagnetic radiation. witricity

2. How large magnetic field will affect or confuse migrating birds, bees and so on

So far as a can tell their technology has only a range measured in meters. I suppose their argument is that that is too limited to affect migratory patterns. No way of telling of what the cumulative magnetic interference effect of entire cities using this.

3. If electricity goes wireless - we could generate electricity at home and share it with our neighbors.

That's three questions.

I guess answer to this is same as question two.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sfen Senterra

Nine time out of ten the answer is simply "cost prohibitive."

CD's existed long before they were available in the shop on the corner. Since the 1950's I think. But who was going to pay several thousand dollars for a
player and a couple of hundred for a disc?

When the answer isnt "cost prohibitive" it's an "infrastructure" issue or a "manufacturing" difficulty which both boil down to further cost prohibitions.

There is always some new high-tech nonsense sitting in a facility somewhere. Maybe we'll see it on shelves in 20 years and maybe not. Holographic data discs for instance. They exist. Several versions exist. All way too expensive to produce and wholly impractical for anything the average consumer could possibly use them for.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

it is very wasteful and has poor efficiency.you are essentially radiating energy into the air regardless if anyone uses it or not.

how you going to bill someone?

also ANY conductive medium like people will be COOKED slowly.

Have you thought of that?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Reply to post by schrodingers dog

Scientifically regarded as safe. Well that sounds like a sure-fire deal right there. And vaccines are safe as well too then huh? LMFAO get a freaking clue hahahahahahaha wow sheeple does not even come close. How about these "scientists" use it for a few years then let us know for a FACT it is safe. That sounds reasonable does it not?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Since when has anything been free? DO NOT LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH. Or am I just another paranoid slaver on ATS?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Since when has anything been free? DO NOT LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH. Or am I just another paranoid slaver on ATS?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
First post so hallo to everyone!

Since almost everyone is mentioning Tesla I thought I post an interesting info that is not maybe well known to everyone.

Tesla was born in Croatia former Yugoslavian country. Even today there are disputes beetwen Croatia and Serbia about the nationality of Tesla. However, Tesla considered himself Serbian if I am correct.

The scientist Marin Soljacic which is presented in the OP's thread is as well Croatian. What a coincidence since Croatia has a population of 4.5 mil.

And this research is not new. I remember seeing an interview with the same guy 2 years ago where he told that this is going commercial for about five years. It seems he is keeping his promises.

Have a nice day!

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Baja Sa Sela]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
One would guess that this wouldn't have any positive impact on human health. Considering people living near transformers have higher rates of cancer, and some of the unknowns of WiFi, I'm not sure how useful this might be.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by amigo

Thanks for your post!!!

Could the longitudinal type of electricity be created and used on a massive scale in an isolated area in order to create hydrogen to power fuel cells? Would this reduce the environmental and health risks?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It's cool stuff but I was thinking more along the real Tesla lines of free energy. Oh well. But really kind of cool. Still need to have the 'transferer' hooked up to the existing power grid.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Is it good idea to send Mega(giga??) Watts through space where peoples live?!
No doubts about potential negative ecological impact?!
there is enough wires, cables, powerstations everywhere...
So it seems to be another way to make money for some multinational companies...
Personally I will wait till they make available all the legendary technologies of free energy- infrastructure for energy transmission is already there ,almost every place on Earth. It will be enough to place such a free energy "engines" instead of local power plants(- if it works at all )Seems to be safer, at least as idea...
If they want to try energetic transmission why not in the outer space. The same for LHC etc technologies.

Peace

[edit on 2-7-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks for the reply!
Do you have any proof to back up your claim about that CD's already existed in the 1950's?
All i am getting is that David Paul Gregg filed a patent for an optical disc in 1961. The first CD ever produced, historically, was on 17th of august 1982.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Yes. Indeed.

What we have here is the event of micro technology meeting macro designing.

There's no conspiracy. Tesla's work simply wasn't worth it at his scale and demands. A massive tower to the sky that he designed for wireless electricity is now nothing more than a wall hung frame.

It's just like the old computers. The same, done smaller.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Gorman91]

I am sorry if someone else already has replied to this with something similar like i have to say.

Well Gorman 91 you are absolutely right..

Err.. wait a minute, no you're not!

You probably do not understand Tesla's work.

What Tesla's work required to give practical solutions was for the public infrastructure to be supportive to his original idea and philosophy.

The future would have been ..well I can best describe it in those two words:

SIMPLER

CHEAPER

How?
Easy.
Earth behaves like a large wire. The atmosphere behaves like a electric wire plastic coating.
You send me some electric energy from your electricity generator with an AC wave in a resonant frequency I drop a metal stick to the ground connected with some contraption that helps me listen to your electrical wave and I start receiving it.
That is one way Tesla electricity can work.
Electrons bounce around from point A until they reach point B. Earth gives them a medium to follow in order to be transferred around, atmosphere keeps them from getting scattered to space.

There is also a purely wireless way too.

That was some 100 years before our time.
Imagine what we could have now.

By the way, you do sound like belittling this great man, when saying, "hey big deal, nothing matters about his ideas, because now we have computers that can do what he was after plus our computers can do it a bit better".

I urge you to read his autobiography.
That guy literally had a 3D design program, a mechanical engineering simulator and an advanced math calculator right inside his head.
Also I suspect he was visualizing things, parts of a technology we today can't even begin to grasp, sad thing is he had no way of interpreting what he did saw inside his mind.

Carry on.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Totally AWESOME!! the best news i've heard in 2009.
First phase many flaws, wait until the Japanese do some modifications and it would be great.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join