It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PITT STUDY: Accidental release blamed in swine flu outbreak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

PITT STUDY: Accidental release blamed in swine flu outbreak

www.pittsburghlive.com

Sick pigs at the 1918 Cedar Rapids Swine Show in Iowa and scientists' accidental release of an "extinct" flu virus in 1977 played key roles in creating a strain that has swept the globe and sparked fear of a more deadly flu season this winter.

In 1918, while a flu virus from birds was infecting humans with deadly results, that same virus infected pigs. For nearly the next 40 years, the virus evolved, sporadically infecting humans. Then, in 1957, the virus vanished when another virus emerged,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
And mexicans were mostly being targetted for this and now lookie here.
"Accidently". sureeeee, like "accidently" giving people '___' right?

Sure this happens by "accident" and the vultures were so ready with Vaccine projects.
This is disgusting man.

It's their fault and now they want to impose vaccines that are highly profitable on us.

www.pittsburghlive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
How can someone 'accidentally' release an 'extinct' virus?

Surely it means that this 'someone' had a sample and then 'Oops' dropped it into a town in Mexico.

What the fark?? I work in a US lab but managed to somehow drop it in Mexico?

How'd that happen??

Whats next to be 'accidentally' released , I'm favouring a zombie plague causing virus on the Ilse of Wight.....

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It is saying that the accidental release happened in 1977. Once the virus was out, it smoldered in the population until recently. Not sure I buy it, but it seems a fairly sound theory.

It is interesting though, that immunity seems to break down over two generations. The 60 year olds provided limited immunity to their kids, who are 30-40 now, but the grandkids have no immunity.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well, it's kind of like we accidentally dropped biological weapons on our enemies in past wars. Been proven that we did. But nothing ever came of it because it was an 'accident'. Just like we accidentally dropped this extinct flu virus.

Hey, I can buy this. *dripping with sarcasm*

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well- they don't search you on the ay out of a lab. There's no possible way to determine how it got out-

was it intentional? Accidental (virus on clothing, etc., a myriad of possibilities).

The fact is, we are horrendously blase about dangerous microbes. I actually had to call the FDA three times in one year at a pharma lab where I worked because of irresponsible handling of sensitive materials.

The pharma had to pay a fine.

Such is Big Business....

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
WARNING ... this is a 'catchy' tune that will play in your head for days.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Mankind has neither the brains nor the wisdom to handle the technology that we possess. It is apparent to me that this "Technology" was NOT developed by the hands of man, but was rather either a gift of sorts, or it was learned from seized other-worldly technology.

Clearly anyone as careless and stupid as mankind could not possibly develop such technology and then misuse it to the extent that we have. Watching and listening to the stories of nano-tech, chamical tech, genetic modification etc... sort of reminds me of a bunch of monkeys with calculators - they are able to push the buttons, but they have no idea what is actually happening when they do so!

We are so freaking farked!

new topics

top topics

join