It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Of Flower Color Shows Evolution In Action - More proof for Evolution!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper
You are ignorant.

Wow, it must have taken you all night to come up with that witty response.

Can I play also? No, you are ignorant.
I'm sure you think anyone who disagrees with you is ignorant.
Get a clue!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

You are ignorant.

Wow, it must have taken you all night to come up with that witty response.

Can I play also? No, you are ignorant.
I'm sure you think anyone who disagrees with you is ignorant.
Get a clue!

It's not that you disagree - it's that you're mistaken and you keep making fun of the evidence and the science that is placed before you.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG
It's not that you disagree

Yes it is.

it's that you're mistaken

Boy, do you have it backwards.

It's people trying to prove a lame theory like evolution and they don't even understand the basic concept nor can they provide the simplest of evidence.

and you keep making fun of the evidence and the science that is placed before you.

I am not making fun of anything. I am simply pointing out the obvious to anyone with a ounce of common sense.

Nice try though.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

A population of flowers changing color to accommodate one species over another is actually remarkable. I don't know why so many of you don't get that.

not really, the flower can be either red or pale, humming birds prefer red so pollinate red flowers more often, this leads to more red flowers in humming bird pollinated areas. this is natural selection.

so yes, this study shows some small element of natural selection.

it does not show evolution by natural selection because the flowers are still the same flowers except that they have more red flowers in one area and more pale in another. evolution requires an irreversible change.

in an area pollinated by moths which then changes to birds and back to moths we can reasonably expect that the proportions of red to pale flowers will fluctuate accordingly.

neither man nor nature has been able to select to make a flower anything except a flower or a horse anything but a horse, the fossil records don't show it and there is no evidence for it here.

this darwinian idea is all rooted in how we define "species". we accept that a man is a man even if he has different physical features because of his natural environment. darwin suggests a finch is not a finch if it has different physical features because of its environment. changes in environment change the animal. why do we accept this in animals and not in humans?

the flaw in darwinism is that he assumes that the way victorians catigorise the natural world is accurate when i would suggest that this categorisation is itself in error. darwinism is logical only if you accept categorisation, which is a ridiculous idea.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

You mean "God created Man" isn't lame?

Or do you have another alternative theory?

You haven't mentioned your beliefs yet, but I might like to garner that you're a creationist, which IMO is a much lamer theory, with even LESS proof and evidence.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by KarlG

I'd like to know why scientists subscribe to the whole "carbon dating" idea even though it's clearly flawed and has been proven to be flawed on countless occasions.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
reply to post by KarlG

I'd like to know why scientists subscribe to the whole "carbon dating" idea even though it's clearly flawed and has been proven to be flawed on countless occasions.

What are you talking about?

Please provide some sort of link showing what you're talking about, or i'll be forced to write this off as pure ignorance.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Sir Fred Hoyle, an English astronomer, said the accidental creation of life is less probable than a whirlwind hitting a junkyard, lifting thousands of parts into the sky, and then dropping them in the form of an assembled Boeing 747 jumbo jet. His conclusion: There must be an almighty God.

That's good enough for me!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

This is just a small quote.

A critical assumption used in carbon-14 dating has to do with this ratio. It is assumed that the ratio of 14C to 12C in the atmosphere has always been the same as it is today (1 to 1 trillion). If this assumption is true, then the AMS 14C dating method is valid up to about 80,000 years. Beyond this number, the instruments scientists use would not be able to detect enough remaining 14C to be useful in age estimates. This is a critical assumption in the dating process. If this assumption is not true, then the method will give incorrect dates. What could cause this ratio to change? If the production rate of 14C in the atmosphere is not equal to the removal rate (mostly through decay), this ratio will change. In other words, the amount of 14C being produced in the atmosphere must equal the amount being removed to be in a steady state (also called “equilibrium”). If this is not true, the ratio of 14C to 12C is not a constant, which would make knowing the starting amount of 14C in a specimen difficult or impossible to accurately determine.

The rest can be found here: www.answersingenesis.org... The point is, carbon dating hinges upon the ratio of carbon-14 to carbon-12 staying constant throughout history, which is just an assumption.

People have also tried to date things only a few years old with carbon dating and it gave erroneous results.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Reply to post by WhatTheory

YEP. This is just one of many many many new threads popping up to disprove God when all it really does is prove He works through mysterious ways. It is obvious all living things evolve and adapt depending on the surroundings or changes in surroundings. Just another example of how God takes care of all living things even a moth. Excellent thread OP. Thank you. Bring us more proof of Gods wonders and miracles and love.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by max.is.awake
Reply to post by WhatTheory

YEP. This is just one of many many many new threads popping up to disprove God when all it really does is prove He works through mysterious ways. It is obvious all living things evolve and adapt depending on the surroundings or changes in surroundings. Just another example of how God takes care of all living things even a moth. Excellent thread OP. Thank you. Bring us more proof of Gods wonders and miracles and love.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Wow. How does that prove He exists?

Does he speak to you?

I don't understand.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

My witty response is actually a reference to the ATS motto of "Deny Ignorance". You are simply wrong on all of your assumptions of how evolution works, and even your understanding of basic biology is sad. I have a clue, it's called education.

If I may ask, why are you so rude?

reply to post by paul762

Sir Fred Hoyle also believed that life evolved in space and came to this planet by comet.

reply to post by Totakeke

If carbon dating was so inaccurate they wouldn't use it.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Ok, then show me the adaptations of one species changing into another.

Here are a few:

Transitional forms thread on ATS

More transitional forms

Still more transitional forms

All the transitional forms you could ever want

Species change into other species all the time; proving that they do is no problem. The problem is simply that some creationists are liars and other creationists are gullible swallowers of lies.

Common misrepresentations by creationists

Show me the evidence of one species evolving into another one.

I wonder how many times you have been shown it already.

There are none so blind as they who dare not see.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

But it is inaccurate, and they do use it. As hard as it is to believe scientists aren't so objective any more.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
But it is inaccurate, and they do use it. As hard as it is to believe scientists aren't so objective any more.

No, I'm afraid you have been lied to by your creationist pals. Here is the truth.
  1. Radiocarbon dating can only be used on objects containing carbon. Scientists know this, and don't use carbon dating to find out how old potsherds (for example) are.

2. Radiocarbon dating is inaccurate to a certain degree. The degree of inaccuracy varies depending on how old the sample being dated is - and this variation is well known and is always allowed for in the dating process.
If you want the truth about science, go to a scientific source, not a religious one.

[edit on 3/7/09 by Astyanax]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

How can scientists use carbon dating when the most crucial piece of information is based on pure speculation?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
A female yucca moth flies into the flower of the yucca plant, where she finds pollen. She collects that pollen in special pouches on her body. She then flies away to another yucca plant. The first thing she does when she gets to this new plant is go to the base of the flower and drill a small hole. She then lays a single egg, and pokes it into that hole in the flower.

These two organisms could not exist without each other. The yucca plant must have the yucca moth to pollinate; the yucca moth must have the yucca plant in which to grow its egg. Each is dependent on the other for its existence.

Evolutionists tell us that plants were produced (by accident) on the Earth long before insects. If that were true, how could the yucca plant have lived? There would have been no yucca moth to help it pollinate. But the Bible tells us that God created all things in six days (Genesis 1; Exodus 20:11). The relationship between the yucca moth and the yucca plant could not have "just happened" by accident; it is too well designed.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Which piece is that? The bit about isotopic proportions remaining constant? Do you know of any reason why they should not? All the carbon that exists on Earth - or as nearly all as makes no difference - comes from the same source: the original planetary nebula. Carbon-12 and carbon-14 are chemically almost identical, so one is not privileged over the other in any chemical reaction. The proportion of carbon composing the atmosphere may have changed, but not the proportion of carbon isotopes to one another - not, at least, until human beings started producing carbon-14 in nuclear reactors.

This quibble about isotope proportions was formulated to replace the exploded argument that perhaps isotope half-lives change over time (yes, I swear, creationists actually used to claim this, still do for all I know).

If you want to criticize science, you first have to know the science. That's the bit that creationists always get wrong.

That's all from me on carbon dating. Don't drag the thread off topic. If you want to discuss issues with carbon dating, find or start a thread on that topic. If it's interesting enough, I may add my two cents'-worth.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I'm sorry, but after the years of fraud by scientists, not to mention the irregularities in dating methods, I really can't accept that carbon dating, let alone evolution, is right. Even if it were right it wouldn't explain all of the other evidence that the Earth isn't even billions of years old.

It's kind of funny. Last time I asked a question that someone couldn't answer I was accused of "derailing the thread". But what do I know?

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

What in the world are you refering to? What is speculative about it? Radiocarbon dating has been verified within the known limits, by comparing with tree-ring data, and good stratigraphy. Look, I understand religionists aversion to science and logic, but please don't make baldly wrong assertation concerning well-established facts,

By the way, were you aware that Jesus was a pervert?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join