It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with logging on???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ok,it took me 20 times to log in to this site and when I finally got here I tried to go to BTS to post this same topic and it showed that I was not logged in.Why am I only logged in on ATS,and it will not let me post to the other??!! I even tried to register a new name and I know that there can't be someone else here with the names I was creating,it still told me that though
What is going on,is the website down for repairs or something?

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Even though you only have 434 points you could STILL use the search function...it's free!

This has just been discussed today as a matter of fact!

see here => www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Gee,thanks for your help, frankly,I had to log in AGAIN just to post a reply so I don't think the other thread pertains to me.So Why am I getting accosted by the posting police already,all I wanted was a little insight to the problem,and what does points have to do with anything,yes,I know how to use the search,I am not computer illiterate. Edited to add that the main reason I posted was to let you all be aware that there may be a problem on your end,gets really annoying when your a member and you cannot log.

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by Oleander]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You are not being accosted by the points police, because I'm not part of the points police (that's how I figured out you're not - very logical).

And your points have nothing to do with it other than I wondered if that was why you didn't use the search function...OR, better yet, just scroll down the recent post list since it was on the front page.

ANYWAY, if you are being bumped off that often, I would think there is something major wrong and you might wait to see if some one can give you suggestions on re-setting something, because what you are describing is not normal...it's not even abnormally normal...at least I don't think it is.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It's a bit hard to understand what your problem is. Is your browser set to accept cookies? Two different domains: abovetopsecret.com belowtopsecret.com requires two different cookies, but the same username and password works on both sites. And no, there have not been any problems with the site today. Over 1,800 posts today indicate all is functioning properly.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I have been having massive problems getting on ATS...and it bums me out cuz I DO LOVE ATS!!!!!

I can log on..but then the screen freezes and a must reboot....so no perusing ATS alot of the time for me....I CAN do anything else on the computor EXCEPT come to ATS..........WTF????

OR I get logged on I have been getting an OFFLINE boot and there were about 6 days this kept happening over and over...........quite the pisser!
So Ive had to avoid this site for awhile.....yesterday FINALY I could actually get the discussion board up for more than 5 minutes....... today its fine I gues cuz I can read the board AND post even.....
I was actually going to the liberary to get some posts up and read replys the last week......I guess I have SOMEHOW exercised the ghosts in this machine.....

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Do any other websites behave this way for you? When did this activity start? Is there any particular page on ATS that you think gives you more trouble than others? (again, give our daily activity, I think these are isolated problems)

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
yes,browser is set to accept cookies,have had no problems until this point.My problem was it took me literally 20 times or more to log in and when I would change topics it would ask me to log in again,it would not accept my screen name for some reason.I even tried to change it and it was still goofing up.Everything seems ok now,I just didn't know if you were having website problems or not. If it continues to happen I will recheck my system and make sure it is not user error

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
[Edited on 5-5-2004 by antipigopolist]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
ok,just for the record skeptic, I switched over to BTS and tried to log on and it told me that my user name or password is invalid.Now I know I have not had that many beers(2 )that I cannot remember my screen name,I have only typed it in about 50 times in the past 20 minutes.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
As I said, the same userID and password works on both sites. We have hundreds of members use both sites each day without trouble. Try changing your password here in ATS from your control panel, then see if it helps.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Perhaps if you tried a different internet browser you would have different results. I recomend Opera. www.opera.com...

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I usually cannot login from my computer at home. Sometimes I can sometimes it acts like my password is invalid. I switched jobs 9 months ago and the firewall at work stopped me from comming here. So I stopped posting all together

I posted a topic asking for help and very few people had any ideas.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I am at a new company now and can log in fine.

Basically I am saying that I understand your situation, have no solution and have little faith that anyone from this site will help you.

Good luck I missed the site when I was away.

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by AZLS1]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm on ATS at home and work all the time and have had very little or any problems. By the way I better get back to work:bash:

new topics

top topics

join