It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet down, first sign of attack ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I feel that would be their first move on us. Hit our communication. If I don't get on ATS daily , I throw a fit ( lay down and kick/scream)....not really but I feel this is my life line to whats really going on. The day it goes down...and CNN/MSN or whoever reports terrorist/dangerous sites closed by FED, I go to DEFCON 4 . I think that is the one just before launch, right?

Im gonna miss you all and your cool avatars

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If anything TPTB will shut down the whole matrix. No phones, land or cellular, no internet and no tv. Which btw I still have antenea no converter box. Still picking up channels so what was all that fuss about there being only snow on tv?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
They shut it down pretty darned quick in Iran last week. I'm thinking so.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
With or Without "TPTB" or whoever we passively choose to give authority over ourselves to, the simple hypothectical of the internet just not working tomorrow is crazy. Regardless of the reason, that would be mass hysteria- who knows what.
Especially we who use the web really take it for granted.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

I think DEFCON counts down, which makes sense seeing how the world is probably going to end if it reaches 1.

Yea we would be cut off from all communications. But the thing about the net is it will still be there you will just have to find a work around.

It will be crazy if that happens, honestly if we are about to go into a MAD situation they wouldn't even tell us. Everybody would be panicking when we are all about to blow up anyway.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by max.is.awake

youve herd of pirat radio i hope can broadcast about 2 miles w/out lisence.

theres alot of analog tv sets still around even if tv is digial now. maybe pirate tv.

www.erikyyy.de...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
OK that's just freaky.

For the last two days, I've lost my connection. It has been a highly stable connection for over 2 years now, and the only time I have problems with it is when a base station (hub?) gets hit by the frequent spring and fall lightning we love so much. :/

It has been very nice and quite beautiful here for close to a week now, and inexplicably, yesterday morning, I completely lost my connection. After a hearty session of troubleshooting (with the advantage of more than one connection in the house which leads to many more eliminations than you'd expect), I came to the conclusion that the problem in connection wasn't "on my end" as the process of elimination very quickly established such.

I had no choice, but to wait for it to seemingly spontaneously reconnect, which it did almost exactly 2 full hours after it disconnected. I didn't think anything of the time frame until last night about midnight, it did it again, after running for the rest of the day just as normal as ever. This time, however, it didn't reconnect until this morning...exactly 6 hours later (Yeah, I'm nocturnal lol).

I have no idea what could be causing this behavior (as I keep looking at my system tray for the earth-on-top-monitors icon), but I must say that when this happened, I was thinking some pretty weird stuff...

...and then I read, "Internet down, first sign of attack ?" in the RSS scroller on my local start page.

Perhaps you can guess where my thought process went next?

Tests In Connectivity by ISP or Government supervision in preparation for something more?

Again, I wouldn't have written anything about this or thought anything more than, "Well, at least it's working now," (even when I hate when things fix themselves never leaving a clue as to what happened) if I didn't have fuel for a self-diagnosis of schizophrenia looming in the distance.

Could be something...or perhaps not. Still, a bit entertaining at least. Kinda like the 11:11 thing I've been goin' through way too much the past 6 months. :/

EDIT: typos

[edit on 1-7-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by incoherent_television
reply to post by max.is.awake

youve herd of pirat radio i hope can broadcast about 2 miles w/out lisence.

theres alot of analog tv sets still around even if tv is digial now. maybe pirate tv.

www.erikyyy.de...

Well I kept my old tv and antenna. we may need it.
I will look into the radio thinngy.

top topics

join