It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Jackson a tortured soul, many of us are!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
First of all, I dont know if this is the right forum, if not, MODS, please move.

I realize that most everyone is tired of hearing about Michael Jackson, but this is a side of "the most famous man in the world" as we never knew him. It also brings to light, that everyone is human, and everyone has their own crosses to bear.

Michael had spent his entire life wanting love and approval from his father, Joe Jackson. These quotes following are from and interview recently with Michael's friend,Rabbi Shmuley Boteach.

Michael always thought that he had ailments of the body. He always had a neck that hurt, a foot that was twisted. Really, he had an affliction of his soul. He was extremely lonely, he was extremely unhappy. He felt purposeless, he felt lethargic. And the way he dealt with that pain -- and he was especially afraid of evasion, of that perhaps his best years are behind him.

you know, we think that he wasn't afraid of crowds but as I said, I think because he gave the public a key to his own self esteem, because he substituted love for attention, he was. This was always an issue before he went in front of crowds.

I'm speaking specifically as the years went on, I think Michael lived with a profound fear of rejection. And Michael told me once -- and this is a heartbreaking conversation between us -- "Shmuley, I promise I'm not lying to you," he said. "I'm not lying to you." He said that twice. "But everything I've done in pursuing fame, in honing my craft" to quote his words, "was an effort to be loved because I never felt loved." And he used to say that to me all the time.

Can you imagine, spending your whole life wanting to be loved and accepted, then the whole world calls you wacko?

Over the years, Rabbi Shmuley tried to get Michael to ground himself, Michael eventually became withdrawn from him. His bodyguard told him one night.....

"Shmuley, you want to make Michael accessible and normal. Don't you understand he's famous because he's not normal. And then I understood the full tragedy of his existence. Michael was terrified that the moment he became average that the public would forget him.

Here is a link to the whole interview RABBI SHMULEY INTERVIEW

What I intended with this thread, is to show that even people you would never suspect having anxiety, social anxiety, depression, or feelings of inadequacy DO in fact have them.
I for one suffer from social anxiety, and it is something that has always made me feel as if I was below par, if you will. I am a prisoner of myself, literally. I stay in my home because I prefer that to being in public.

There are many famous people with this disorder, including Johnny Depp and Cher.
CELEBRITIES WITH ANXIETY

Anxiety and depression are highly correlated with creativity. So, who knows?

Sigmund Freud, Nikola Tesla also had them.

Sigmund Freud suffered from Panic Disorder at the time when he wrote his famous papers on anxiety neurosis. He had symptoms of an Anxiety Disorder and worried a great deal about his 'spells'.

link
It really helps to know we are not so unique or alone in our challenges!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Sorry, that child molesting scum will get no sympathy from me. If heaven is real, and he's there, I'm tellin saint peter to shove it.

Please dont start with the "he was never convicted b.s."

Neither was OJ, but that evil bastard is, and is going where he belongs.
we have a double standard in america it seems when it comes to celebs,
and frankly, I find it repulsive.

Not unlike

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

I understand your repulsion. I will always have doubts, myself. Im sure not trying to make him seem like a saint. Troubled, yes.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I sit here some days with ya! (did I just say that outloud!?)

It hasnt gotten to the point where I dont leave home at all. But, it has gotten to the point people are noticing.

Star and flags! Your post is very compassionate and so accurate. I completely relate to your hell. Im so sorry you, too, have to live like this. Im proud of you for coming forth and admitting it - allowing me to here - at least.

I think your awesome for seeing MJ in the way I too have came to. Sadly, however, not until after his death. Before, I just thought 'Geez - dude...'. Now, Ive done my research. Now, I love him as a fellow human being - no better or no worse than the next.. Now, I know he never touched a kid - before I didnt care to investigate. And thats sad and something Im not very proud of. But through it all - I have learned something... so I cant have any regrets!

Nice thread... May you have only calm energy full of light! Most of all - I post to let you know you arent alone in your anxiety or views on MJ.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Little One

I sit here some days with ya! (did I just say that outloud!?)

It hasnt gotten to the point where I dont leave home at all. But, it has gotten to the point people are noticing.

Star and flags! Your post is very compassionate and so accurate. I completely relate to your hell. Im so sorry you, too, have to live like this. Im proud of you for coming forth and admitting it - allowing me to here - at least.

I think your awesome for seeing MJ in the way I too have came to. Sadly, however, not until after his death. Before, I just thought 'Geez - dude...'. Now, Ive done my research. Now, I love him as a fellow human being - no better or no worse than the next.. Now, I know he never touched a kid - before I didnt care to investigate. And thats sad and something Im not very proud of. But through it all - I have learned something... so I cant have any regrets!

Nice thread... May you have only calm energy full of light! Most of all - I post to let you know you arent alone in your anxiety or views on MJ.

Wonderful post. As you see, we arent alone in our "hell". There are so many people with this, and they have recently come out about it, as well.
I admit, I feel ashamed for the way I saw MJ, also. He WAS a tortured soul, and only cried out for love. It's what any of us want. We all want to be loved and accepted.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Heres a good article that explains how he is
a very fitting mascot for our freaky society.
A hollow deathly looking shell of a former glory.....
Read and weep. This is as good as it gets now folks.

The Man in the Mirror

Like the United States, Michael Jackson was spectacularly bankrupt, reportedly in the range of $800-million, which is rather a lot for an individual....He once materialized during halftime at the Superbowl in a shower of sparks, thrilling the multitudes while grabbing and stroking his sex organs, as though that was a heroic activity -- and indeed the nation seemed to emulate him as its culture became dedicated more and more to acting out masturbation fantasies. America was a fat man jerking off on the sofa watching a vampire of no particular sex vogue deliriously on the boob tube...One CNN reporter called him a genius the equal of Mozart. That's a little like calling Rachel Maddow the reincarnation of Eleanor Roosevelt. A nation addicted to lying to itself tells itself fairy tales instead of facing a pathology report.
America is "the man in the mirror," the gigantic, floundering Narcissus, sailing into the stormy seas of history.
kunstler.com...
How long will it go on is the question?
How long before our karma catches up with us?
Edit: Did not know where to post this! Hope its cool here!

[edit on 1-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
i just can't wait till u people shut up about this guy. he's dead dead dead .
he's never coming back. he wasn't the son of God or anything. so many people are sick of it. get over it.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I know huh! I am so there also. I could...

I am sure it will continue to be the only thing on the news for quite awhile yet! We still have the autopsy reports and trials to cover for the next year or two, etc, etc.
That will guarantee some good ratings for sure!

Does anyone still wonder why I picked this name?
If mama nature or father time doesnt do us in,
we will do it to ourselves.
And all while watching some other freak show on the telly.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Yes, the article link tells about how the Rabbi will tell how he spent money.

Im the first to admit, Im horrible at saving, myself. Like a little kid in a candy store. No, I dont masterbate, or gesterbate on stage, but that's not what Im about. In fact, im a graphic designer, and YES..some of my graphics get a bit, er wild. All of us have our creative sides, his was just a bit different than mine, or yours.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

As I said, I know alot of people are sick of hearing about him. I'm talking about a different side, as well as other people
TY

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
reply to post by randyvs

I know huh! I am so there also. I could...

I am sure it will continue to be the only thing on the news for quite awhile yet! We still have the autopsy reports and trials to cover for the next year or two, etc, etc.
That will guarantee some good ratings for sure!

Does anyone still wonder why I picked this name?
If mama nature or father time doesnt do us in,
we will do it to ourselves.
And all while watching some other freak show on the telly.

Well, im sure not here to get ratings..
Really, I cant cash in points for cash or cool leather jackets..so pointless.
If you read any of this thread, you'd know it's not about MJ, as much as an affliction he had, as well as many other famous people. And myself, as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Yes, I hope my post makes the point clear that America is also
a tortured soul.
I would have to say Americas future is slightly more important
than even MJ! IMO! Oooo!
Oh Oh, here comes the flames....

America is like two always conflicting sides of a dysfunctional,
abused, arrogant personality.
(Off topic-An elite mob racket being constantly propped up
and supported by the working class.)
Morally bankrupt, spiritually lost and decrepidly broke.
A ghostly shadow figure of its former success. A has-been.
Hence, thats why I posted it! For a strange comparison to MJ.
The comments on Jim's blog are interesting too!(on the link I provided)

I also hope you dont think I meant YOU are after ratings 'freelunch'!

Peace to you and God speed to something else on the news besides
the gubner that got some in argentina, or just MJ.
'Just shoot me now', keeps coming to mind! Wonder why?

P.S. We all have 'issues' we have to deal with, agreed.
Good luck to you and have peace inside friend!
There is enough torturing going on already. Wherever he may lurk.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Remixtup
Sorry, that child molesting scum will get no sympathy from me. If heaven is real, and he's there, I'm tellin saint peter to shove it.

Please dont start with the "he was never convicted b.s."

Neither was OJ, but that evil bastard is, and is going where he belongs.
we have a double standard in america it seems when it comes to celebs,
and frankly, I find it repulsive.

It is people, such as yourself, that make this world the sickening place it is most of the time....

He was not convicted because there was NO evidence to convict him!!! Alot different than OJ, I'd say. There was no evidence because he did not molest anyone. MJ was convicted by the media hype and people who believe everything they are told - such as yourself!

Was Michael Jackson Framed?

Why not read the facts of what happened to MJ for yourself?? Or, are you too baised to want the truth??

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
He was a human, like the rest of us. What a messed up society we are when we buzz about a person who is made of the same components as us passes away. Michael Jackson and every other "celeb(i dont even know how to spell this word because i don't think its useful in my vocabulary)" who passed away was just another person to me. We spend all this time idolizing other people when we still have so much to work on with ourselves.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I wish I could believe ya! The guys I work with all think they already are perfect and everyone else is either an idiot, a crackhead, gay, or all of the above.
Just ask them, they'll tell ya!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Yeah compared to other people, but not the people on TV. Where do you think they get the impressions from

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I have to tell you, you have a wonderful heart. You are unique and a very special person.
I like the compassion you show in all your posts, and i always look at the heart.
You are correct, Michael was a broken man, a human being with many problems, past and present.

Please dont ever change. There arent many like you around.

Blessings to you.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Very good points! That does explain alot.
People would be amazed at the "backwoodedness" of this area.
It is like working with foul mouthed children, honestly.
The banter back and forth is disgusting.
I wonder if they ever had a mother sometimes.
Sorry if off topic, was just responding and airing that out. Thanks!

[edit on 2-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Second. You handle the bitterness of those on ATS very well, without snapping back. Keep up the honest work.

new topics

top topics

join