It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Guard To Seek Volunteers For Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

National Guard To Seek Volunteers For Border

www.koat.com

Sources say the Obama administration is developing plans to seek up to 1,500 National Guard volunteers to step up the military's counter-drug efforts along the Mexican border.

Volunteers would largely be drawn from the more than 50,000 Army and Air National Guard members in Arizona, New Mexico, California and Texas.

The plan is a stopgap measure being worked out between the Defense Department and the Homeland Security Department.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Why this now, is that come September the Mexican Army will withdraw its troops from the border... experts are unsure what will happen but most warn we could see an escalation spilling across the US border...

The more they keep pushing thise efforts the more I wonder when someone will decide we need a standing boarder guard AKA military style unit

www.koat.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-6-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The best part is they're going to the border with NO WEAPONS. How stupid has our government become what are they gonna do shoot spitballs
across the border. Gotta be freakin kidding me. The White House has officially lost all common sense. I can't wait till they say they can't protect the border gee wonder why?

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If Beach Bum is right that our troops are being deployed with no weapons this does not bode well.

It sounds like a perfect scenario to 'stage' and incident and invade parts of Mexico.

The reality is that our border is not broken, our Law Enforcement System is broken.

As long as employers can hire illegal aliens for a lower wage and get away with it, illegal immigrants are going to cross the border looking for those jobs.

As long as there is an illegal market for Mexican narcotics illegal immigrants are going to be used to bring those drugs across the border.

End the war on drugs, and enforce the Labor Laws and the whole problem goes away.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

He's correct! It was the same the last time they did this. The NG was doing the paper work and the handling of those that where caught to process them for law enforcement. No Arms, No ammo, Nuttin' but a smile and a pencil. Unless the Congress actually states that this incursion is an invasion and deems it in writing that it is an act of war by a foreign nation, Our troops canot take up arms against them, even if shot at they must rely on Border Patrol or civilian border Patriots to protect them!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

He's correct! It was the same the last time they did this. The NG was doing the paper work and the handling of those that where caught to process them for law enforcement. No Arms, No ammo, Nuttin' but a smile and a pencil. Unless the Congress actually states that this incursion is an invasion and deems it in writing that it is an act of war by a foreign nation, Our troops canot take up arms against them, even if shot at they must rely on Border Patrol or civilian border Patriots to protect them!

Zindo

Well that's just stupid Zindo...that's nuts to put a man or woman in uniform and put them out there without weapons.

All we are in essence is doing is just painting a target on them by doing that.

Having spent a lot of time in the South Wester Desert I can testify to the fact that almost anything that makes for a good looking target ends up with a hole in it.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You know, when I first heard this today, they didn't announce they would be going out there without weapons, and I was like "Awesome! Finally, they're going to man the borders, like they should have been doing years ago." (I live in Arizona, and I for one, am getting sick and tired of all the drug problems in this state.)

But then, they announce...no weapons, and I'm like, WTF??? Who, in their right mind, would put UNARMED men and women out on the southern border, when it has become more dangerous than the wild west down there. These drug lords are going after entire POLICE UNITS in Mexico, and we think that by putting some unarmed people down there, that's going to deter them???

WHO IN THE WORLD IS RUNNING OUR FREAKING FOREIGN POLICY THESE DAYS???? Because my guess is whoever thought of this brilliant idea has the IQ of a carrot. All I can think of is to echo what a previous poster said...by sending down unarmed men and women (and announcing it on the TV in Arizona means that all the drug lords in Mexico know they'll be unarmed), they are hoping to provoke an attack, so we can then invade Mexico, and "defend" ourselves.

HA!! Homeland defense. That's a laugh. We've had over 12 millions illegals crashing our country in the last 20 years, and now, they think they're going to stop the drug trade by placing 1500 unarmed patrolmen on the border??? NATIONAL SECURITY, MY A**. This is assinine. It's insane. It makes about as much sense as the Bailouts did.

WTF??

All I can say is that my government doesn't deserve my taxes. This is insane. I'm seriously considering NOT paying taxes this year. Bank bailouts, unarmed patrols on the border..... What's next? Or do I even want to know??

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hang on, wasn't some police force patrol officers in a big city being given M16s not too long ago?

How come border patrol of all people don't get them?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AR154

Border Patrol has all kinds of weapons but the NG is NOT an organization of sworn law enforcement. They are a wing of the US military an come under the law that says NO US troops may engage in warfare on US soil unless a war is formally declared and we're under direct attack by a foreign entity and martial law is put in force!. Our Congress Critters won't declare this an invasion so these guys are just pencil pushers and latrine diggers!

Zindo

[edit on 6/30/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Put a couple of machine guns on remote platforms with sensors that shoots anything that moves in those remote areas. Simple solution.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Link

DUPE!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Please add any further comments to this on going thread,thank you. Obama Seeks to Deploy National Guard to Border

Thread closed

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Please contribute to the existing thread found here.

Thread closed.

top topics

join