It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Franken wins U.S. Senate seat after opponent concedes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Franken wins U.S. Senate seat after opponent concedes

www.cbc.ca

Al Franken, a writer, comedian and former Saturday Night Live cast member, is finally headed to the U.S. Senate after his Republican opponent conceded Tuesday almost eight months after Election Day.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Finally it's over. ...guess Coleman's peeps told him it just wasn't gonna happen. The most ironic thing about this whole event is; Coleman stated that Franken should just concede for the good of the state when he thought he was victorious right after the election. Then low and behold when he finds out he's not the winner, he drags it on for 8 months.

Not sure if Franken will make a good senator, but he is a very sharp and bright guy.......

Thoughts?

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

~EDIT~ to add.....just realized this gives the Dems the filibuster proof majority they need....adds quite a different element.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Connector]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
He might as well get out. They were going to keep counting and recounting until Franken won.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
So you think that the Minnesota Supreme Court is in Frankens pocket? They did vote unanimously in his favor. Coleman conceding is really just a formality so he doesn't appear like a dick.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Lord help us. Thats all i can say.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think Al will liven things up in that rather stuffy tomb full of old men and women. I can hardly wait for the inevitable youtube CSPAN releases of his congressional speeches. This should be some fun.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I agree, this could be interesting. He'll use his satire when required, probably confusing the old stuffy's and thus humiliating them as to how far outta touch they are to the the American body politic. The thing is, he is deadly serious, articulate and well educated when it comes to his beliefs and goals.

Senate...... meet......class clown who actually knows what he talking about when it leaves his lips.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
just when we thought things couldn't get any worse than it is now.

top topics

join