It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honduras a look at things to come???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm stretching my wings and starting my first thread!
I thought I would run with something that fits in with some of my recent posts! Recently The Honduran military ousted it's president in a "coup". The U.N. and the the president of the U.S. have condemned the ouster. I see a trend in the U.S. were I believe we will have the same problem as Honduras. I'd like to see everyone's thoughts and opinions on the matter. I look forward to some mental sparring!!

For the uninformed [as if in here] check on the AP site for more info

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

The reason Chavez and Obama criticized this move was because they too, are violating their Constitutions, and gave them a bit to think about.

God, I hope it's a look at things to come. Obama and Chavez are doing the same things that the former President of the Honduras WAS doing.

And while the Army is rounding up people - let's get the damned useless Congress as well.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I look at Costa Rica as a place that I might have to move too... it appears a lot of govt pensionaires live down there in the sub-divisions almost American in all ammenities... and what little else I noticed is Health Care... really affordible healthcare... you know the good kind where you get the good treatment and the right medications... totally unheard of... here... we are being bled dry people... healthcare down there is $500 a year for universal health thats personalized... America 1960's OK with modern facilities and treatments... we are behind the times... if you werent that sick when you went to the doctors your bank account will be terminal when all those bills your full coverage health insurance balks on paying... guess who has too...>? thats right you do.... down there its covered.... for 5 big bills a year.... money is not even mentioned as it should be.... down there....

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Actually the funny part is the military was supported by the supreme court and congress of Honduras. Chavez disregarded his country's constitution years ago. Obama is not liking the checks and balances working like they should. It should remind him of his true place in the scheme of things!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
reply to post by dooper

Actually the funny part is the military was supported by the supreme court and congress of Honduras. Chavez disregarded his country's constitution years ago. Obama is not liking the checks and balances working like they should. It should remind him of his true place in the scheme of things!

That may actually be the reason why Obama has come out so strong against this "coup". I'm being quite serious. It very much appears that he's trying to set up a regime in the U.S. by bypassing Congressional approval of executives in his office (the czars). Can't have those pesky citizens, courts and congress interfering now can we?

new topics

top topics

join