It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I feel so hollow and empty ??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm a Christian but I'm not gonna tell you to go find God. But I do have something to say I think you need to find just one thing that makes you
happiest and just do it. Look at retirees for example they live a few years longer if they find something to do after their working days are done. So in the wise words of Nike "Just do it."

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Perhaps the OP really doesn't want to be fulfilled or happy?

I mean perhaps you place more happiness then you think on the current way.....either that or maybe you are not aware that doing some other things......like helping others......perhaps even for stupid things is capable of giving you something uplifting inside....heck how bout

do you have family or close friends......usually more time around them will be emotional fulfilling.........every day at a mundance job then back on the computer will leave you hollow and empty .....if your lucky IMO.....then when you can imagine the happiness from doing one of things (even if your first one or two weaker willed ideas may not have done the trick) put some effort into imaginging the capacity's you have to get something more uplifting from some sort of interaction ....just getting out and enjoying nature or people in some fashion and will yourself to attach a value of happiness with it....or better yet ask yourself......despite my questioning of this ....could i imagine getting a happy fullfillment from doing xyz.....then imagine yourself doing it.....then look back and imagine yourself not doing it and being dull and mundane....this may help you get into action.....why not give it a bit of a try ..............i'm not saying you have to push old lady's in wheel chair's.....just find a way to enjoy some type of situation where you can actually SEE someone else and have some sort of interaction

this isn't a detailed handbook for the mind (thou NLP'ers and metaprogramming and the like think they have one)....but their are things that can work should you will them to

also should you follow the option in line 9-13 of the longer paragraph take yourself thru this scenario several times to help engrain the worth while ness of it in your brain....abd your seriousness .....so you don't just say it one day ....and think your mind will think it as more than a nice but passing idea....

good luck man .....many people are in your boat.....i am at times as well.....

[edit on 30-6-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

Maybe you are just caught up in the rat race too much. Try reading this thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
.... What is the purpose ??? the purpose is to be !!! ..... just be, whatever you want, do what you've always wanted to do, .... learn how to play the guitar, talk to that girl you've had an eye on, .... go bowling... hell it doesn't matter, as long as it means something to you .

.... often we get this empty feeling from lack of expression, lack of " doing" ..... Your soul wants to get out there, .. it wants to relate, to experience things, ..... to feel.

... do something different, whatever you'd like ..... this is your playground, and anything is possible.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I know exactly how you feel. The problem lies with the fact that too much knowledge regarding human affairs is depressing. This depression is our subconcious sorting out all the data and putting together the big picture and realising that things have gone out of control. I believe the Earth was a paradise once and all we had to do was take care of it. Sure we need resources but that dosent mean we have to kill pollute everything etc.... The common man has lost control and we now live in what I call a democratic Dictatorship where we vote ppl in to tell us what we want and do. Even if people dont realise it consciously it will manifest itself subconsciously and therefore more violence within society because people will think " what the hell" more social unrest and degradation of our sensibilities that we will become use to it. Everyone will hope it will get better but lets face it man screwed up and theres no coming back.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by loner007]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacobNH
Hey man,

I think i found your problem.

If you wont go out of your way to help others, others wont go out of their way to help you. If you sit on your ass all day, opportunities wont come to you. You have to make an effort. [edit on 30/6/2009 by JacobNH]

Why should I help anyone ??

when I was jobless, homeless, starving, broke and living in my car freezing my ass off during Jan - Feb in New England winter not ONE person, charity or organization would lift a finger to help me out in any way shape or form.......so for that they can all go screw themselves for all I care....I will NEVER give any charity a friggin dime and as for helping out my community they can take a hike......now if I had been a jobless, welfare sucking coke whore with 5 kids from 5 different fathers then I could have had help....but since I was a single white guy I got ZIP !! NOTHING !!

All I will say about religion and the supposed existence of "god" is that it is the BIGGEST crap-sucking scam ever created.....no being of reasonable intelligence would create this piss-hole in the snow.

At this time in life....I really hate people in general......I can't even stand looking at them.......they all mill about like ants oblivious to anything else in life other than hogging every resource for themselves and screwing over anyone who gets in the way.

There is alot to be said for a solitary life....it apeals to me more and more everyday.

AG

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
.....and please don't tell me to go out an "volunteer" my time to any inane charity or organization.....it is not going to happen.
Why would I do that. Who would want you helping them with your attitude.

Just what the hell am I here for ??? to be a slave and die ?? what a waste.

Just pretend you are an Indigo Child. We all know how special they are.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Instead of being bitter, sad, and full of hate, why not try to turn around your life by being an example of humility, charity, and goodwilll?

I'm sorry you had a bad break and I know it sucks, but you need to move on. I'm sure the pain is still there.

Hate is like trying to kill your enemies by poisoning yourself.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I wonder why I feel so hollow and empty ?? It is like there is NOTHING worth being here for.....

With all the lying, backstabbing, murdering, raping, stealing going on.....what is the point of it all ??? to simply exist ?? that is not enough.

Something is missing....and it is NOT religion.......I feel like everyday has NO meaning and purpose whatsoever.....and please don't tell me to go out an "volunteer" my time to any inane charity or organization.....it is not going to happen.

Just what the hell am I here for ??? to be a slave and die ?? what a waste.

AG

I re-read your post and decided i needed to edit my post as I hadn't got the gist of your predicament. What I will say is, you can't continue to live like this. you have to put these negative thoughts to the back of your head and move on. whats the point on dwelling on what others are doing and how it upsets you. If you feel a life in solitary would make you happy, go for it, it's not that unusual. Just dont waste your precious life dwelling on things that can't be changed. There are people in much worse situations than yourself, which is always good to remember.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
Who would want you helping them with your attitude.

you obviously did not read the post directly above......thanks for paying attention.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Stop being a drama queen and get on with it !

Life can be hard it's what you do and how you act when the going get's tough that matter's.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 1-7-2009 by h3akalee]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Alpha Grey, I want to thank you for helping me to realize just how good ole whaaa has it. Sometimes I too start feeling sorry for myself and get discouraged that I don't get my way all the time and just see the negative in everything.

But I have change my attitude for the better and look on the bright side of life. This should make you feel so much better.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Gees, talk about 1) being bitter, 2) thinking the world owes you a favor. Tell me, do you have any handicaps or impairments that garner pity? If you're relatively young, male, and aren't trying to make it through life in a wheelchair or you're not blind, then your just being a big whinny baby. Suck it up dude, act like a man. Unless you have some kind of major physical impairment, you don't have grounds to complain like you do. Gawd, try being some poor like kid in some 3rd rate nation without parents (or with sucky parents) and suffering from malnutrition and a host of diseases with no hope for any kind of a decent future. Man, you don't know how lucky you have it, even unemployed living in a car. Stop your complaining and act like a man and people will treat you like one. Gawd, I hear people complaining every day that just don't realize how fortunate they are compared to others in this world.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Im 30 years old with a terminal Brain tumor, when i first got ill, i was depressed all the time, but i decided i wasn't going to dwell on the bad thoughts, to try and put the positives in the front of my mind, the wonderfull friends and family I'm blessed with. i also took more care and interest in the things around me. It's true that whatever dont kill you makes you stronger and going through turmoil is a real test and a real challenge for anyone, but life is full of ups and downs dealing with the downs helps you appreciate the good times

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
hey...I came here to vent how I felt ...I did...and I am done.

I don't want nor expect sympathy.....

However to all the testosterone laced, super-macho hero types who spout off such idiotic sayings like "suck it up" or "stop whining"

I say go screw a hornets nest.

I am done & I have vented

AG

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacobNH
Hey man,

I think i found your problem.

If you wont go out of your way to help others, others wont go out of their way to help you. If you sit on your ass all day, opportunities wont come to you. You have to make an effort. [edit on 30/6/2009 by JacobNH]

Why should I help anyone ??

when I was jobless, homeless, starving, broke and living in my car freezing my ass off during Jan - Feb in New England winter not ONE person, charity or organization would lift a finger to help me out in any way shape or form.......so for that they can all go screw themselves for all I care....I will NEVER give any charity a friggin dime and as for helping out my community they can take a hike......now if I had been a jobless, welfare sucking coke whore with 5 kids from 5 different fathers then I could have had help....but since I was a single white guy I got ZIP !! NOTHING !!

All I will say about religion and the supposed existence of "god" is that it is the BIGGEST crap-sucking scam ever created.....no being of reasonable intelligence would create this piss-hole in the snow.

At this time in life....I really hate people in general......I can't even stand looking at them.......they all mill about like ants oblivious to anything else in life other than hogging every resource for themselves and screwing over anyone who gets in the way.

There is alot to be said for a solitary life....it apeals to me more and more everyday.

AG

I have read your other posts about how you were venting but seriously, do you not wonder why people dont give a damn about anyone else?

Have a look at what you wrote because you are walking down the same road.

Your turning your back on yourself in the end and if you continue with it you will never move beyond it.

I dont say this towards you in offence, the only reason I say it is because I have walked similar ground and do not like to see others make the same mistakes. In other words I do give a crap.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Alpha,

I feel for you going through the things you did...but i can tell you that if you keep thinking like you are and acting on all the negative things in your life...your life will always be just that, and you will never feel anything but gloom...

We are all going through tough times right now...we all have to find it in ourselves to get out of these gloomy feelings and enjoy the life that we were given...as it will be shorter than we might think...

try finding something that really interests you and do that for awhile...and quit reading ATS all the time.....
, at least until you can come to grips that there is always going to be something happening in this world, mostly bad, but we have to not let that affect the way we live our life.

Sounds like your very angry right now and might not care to listen to anybody else's opinion at this time.

Hope this helps....

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

hey...I came here to vent how I felt ...I did...and I am done.

I don't want nor expect sympathy.....

However to all the testosterone laced, super-macho hero types who spout off such idiotic sayings like "suck it up" or "stop whining"

I say go screw a hornets nest.

I am done & I have vented

AG

Wow that's pretty feeble.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Alpha,

it sounds like you are angry, hurt, and don't want to hear any more condescending atitudes. I can understand that. I can't advise on what will work for you, but I will ask that you consider many people are not seeing things from your current perspective and they will make unconsidered remarks, some of which may be rude. I hope you would bypass these as they will not be productive. I have been in this place; for me, the anxiety is the worst, but it sounds like you are having more trouble with depression. Please try to back off from the anger - what resources do you have available? I know most are banal and un-useful, but re-orienting yourself to a desire to get back to a healthy place often helps, even when you do not fully respect the person who is supposed to be helping.

I think you need to consider what would make you feel like your life is worth something, and what steps would it take to get there from where you are now?

It's useless for someone else to tell you what to do, since we don't know what us in your head, and it soundslieue you have been spending a lot if to
in your head recently - but if you can co
e up with some ideas, then we might be able to help point you toward resources or help you figure out how to get past roadblocks.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I am replying on my iPod and the editor got funky on the last paragraph, sorry. I think you can probably figure out what it was supposed to say.

Anyway, hope it helps.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join