It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting road sign "Emergency Containment Area" (Youtube Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is a youtube video of sign that was apparently raised up over night on the N/S Carolina Border.
Its a yellowish/orange colored sign that says "Emergency Containment Area"
This could be nothing, however, ive never seen a sign thats anything like that anywhere across the 5 or so Southern States that I travel at least twice a year.
Has anyone else seen anything like this anywhere in the country?

If this is genuine then Im really curious about what kind of or who this "containment" this is intended for and under what circumstances.
Hopefully I'll be driving across the Southern part of the country here in a couple of months and I'll keep my eyes open for this sort of thing.
I also ALWAYS a bit more diligent when traveling across the Southern part of Louisiana.
That area just seems to be a magnet for strange lights for some reason.

Several days ago I discovered this road sign had been erected overnight on a route I travel almost daily. It was placed at the entrance to a D.O.T. highway "rest area". Should this be considered as an indicator of potential martial law enforcement and travel restriction. Or, should it be considered as standard D.O.T. signage used to indicate some sort of designated contingency response area?

[edit on 6/30/2009 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
already posted and discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

ahh, my bad... sigh.. i did do a search using different variants of the words sign and containment. thanks for the link warren.

new topics

join