It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new powerfull US weapon in Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
www.rense.com...

first of all I want to say that I know what is rense.com and I think about all that site that it's a bull...t
))

but afterall in any fiction there can be a little piece of truth..

what do you think about that story??

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I have read that article before. Its crap but the US will be deploying a microwave weapon in Iraq in a little while.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
I have read that article before. Its crap but the US will be deploying a microwave weapon in Iraq in a little while.

two hours, 850 watt on the grill setting, perfect iraqii roast

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I heard something about an EMF weapon that when detonated is capable of producing power surges in its range and messing up all electronic devices around "ground zero."

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Dont you mean EMP??? (Electro Magnetic Pulse (not trying to make you sound dense or anything)) or is EMF something totally different

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Sounds like a prism tank or some sort of tesla weapon. I play too much red alert

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I guess EMF is Electromotive force or Electromagnetic Fields.

From what i think, a emf or emp tank isnt quiet possible (havnt done much research just my throughts) i dont think it would be possible to carry in a rather small tank a energy system to generate enought power for those described on rense.com

Wolve

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolve
I guess EMF is Electromotive force or Electromagnetic Fields.

From what i think, a emf or emp tank isnt quiet possible (havnt done much research just my throughts) i dont think it would be possible to carry in a rather small tank a energy system to generate enought power for those described on rense.com

Wolve

yes,me too..I don't belive in that relation but it sounds interesting.I suppose that they used some kind of new weapon but not with such amazing effect.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I didnt really put much thought into that, how big is an EMP generator?! I put a post before about America using the war to test black project air craft in a low risk environment, that was blown away but hey... they're testin somethin now, right

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Every war is a test bed for the latest innovations. I think that most innovation will come in force protection. Whatever is killing the most people will get the most attention. You can bet the US military is playing with all the toys it can and is hoping to test the ones not-yet-ready in the near future. Since the Iraq "war" has turned into a policing/insurgency problem It is not likely to be the testing ground for anything "big." Afganistan on the other hand, looks a lot like Nevada to me. Hmm, maybe it would be a good testing site...

Variable

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I have to aggree, its got the valleys and stuff too which could test manouverability or somethin, i dunno im babbling now lol, only time will tell to see what the USA will do with afghanistan

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Bear with me before you flame me...

In the remake of Ocean's Eleven they deployed an EMP weapon in the back of a standard size van. Now, does that follow fact (it was stolen from a lab in the movie) or is it complete Hollywood fiction?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
Bear with me before you flame me...

In the remake of Ocean's Eleven they deployed an EMP weapon in the back of a standard size van. Now, does that follow fact (it was stolen from a lab in the movie) or is it complete Hollywood fiction?

Good question, i might do a little bit of research into it now and see if i can find out how big they are!! ill post a link too it if i find anything

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Of course it is possible. EMP is well known. But, you can harden defenses against it. Let also not forget the Matrix movies, EMP plays heavily in the defense.

Variable

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
well if that thing exists.....i want it

also, what is a microwave weapon? pics? what does it do? any more info?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by silQ

Good for 2 things, 1) Killing people and 2) Cooking ready meals from any good supermarked

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
sounds like something i heard about a few months back.....a kind of plasma weapon thats guided by 2 uv lasers that create a wire in the air towards the target (creates a path of least resistence) and this would look like lightning and bolts of fire i guess, check out jnl labs and look up a plasmoid.....it shows that it's pretty easy to create plasma by just using microwaves, as for the power for such a weapon.........the only thing that springs to mind is a fuel cell...... just 1 fuel cell can generate enough power to power a whole street of houses, i can easily see something like that being designed and built in the black. this is just off of the top of my head.

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by Viper85]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by silQ

Microwave weapon is a directed energy weapon emiting a microwaves with longer wavelength and lower frequency than those in microwave tubes (for example MW tube frequency is 2450Mhz and wave length is 0.12m). The microwaves are penentrating the victims skin up to 0.04 cm under skin - so they are not lethal (MW tube microwaves could penentrate 2.5 cm under skin). The microwave will heat up your skin - so you will feel much pain. The feeling should be simillar to "sunbathing yourself all day long on california beach".
This MW weapon is designed to nonlethal attack, but the MW weapons can be theoretically used to kill people and jamm or fry the electronics. Some kind of high power MW weapon will be used on X-45 UCAV.

Some pics I found:
stationary prototype

This are experimental devices. Serial weapon should be smaller.

top topics

join