It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad calls Neda's death "suspicious"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad calls Neda

www.cnn.com

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Monday called the death of Neda Agha-Soltan "suspicious" and urged the country's authorities to identify those responsible for it, Iran's semi-official Fars news agency reported Monday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-6-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So, now it seems the Iranian government is trying to erase the most blatant evidence of their violent crackdown against the people of Iran, and will definitely blame her death on some kind of foreign action. Ahmadinejad is one of the most sleazy politicians alive today, IMO. Him and Dick Cheney are very similar in that they can't hide the evil behind their eyes when they speak.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I would not be in the least bit suprised if Neda was eliminated in a calculated move. Im sure more then one pretty girl has died in this conflict, yet neda has received global msm attention.

Someone is peddling peoples emotions behind the scene

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X2

Right, I forgot, only western governments lie and murder innocent people. It's amazing, Iran's government is filmed beating old women, at several different locations, for protesting, yet the Iranian government seems to get a pass here on ATS. Just because you wouldn't be surprised, doesn't make something true.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I never said Iranians haven't killed girls, in fact... i believe i said just that. Iranians have killed a great number of people... the fact that one girl is being dubbed the angel of freedom, though nobody knew who she was, is extremely suspicious.

The fact that you cant see the manipulation in play, and the fact that you have ignored all msm and underground reports with direct testimony from the US government implicating their role in Irans revolt, says to me that you are ignoring the facts and are taking the other extream approach. The anti-us approach

you think that iran is the only one killing innocent people? Right, I forgot, only middle eastern governments lie and murder innocent people. It's amazing, The united states government is filmed beating old women, in several different wars, and protestors, yet the United states government seems to get a pass here on ATS. Just because you wouldn't be surprised, doesn't make something true.

See... i can say nothing too

im not sure if you remember anything beyond 10 minutes ago... but the US loves playing world-police and interfering where they please.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Kevin_X2]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Right, I forgot, only western governments lie and murder innocent people. It's amazing, Iran's government is filmed beating old women, at several different locations, for protesting, yet the Iranian government seems to get a pass here on ATS. Just because you wouldn't be surprised, doesn't make something true.

No one ever implied that "only western governments lie and murder innocent people", other than yourself.

Why don't you try reading a thread in it's entirety before making yourself look like such a tool?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Good Lord, it was one of his own who killed neda was it not? So nowhe is using this to his own agenda, I am absolutely gobsmacked. Er we already know who killed neda, people have his picture. Why does he not ask for him to come forward.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Whatever you say. There is a large group of people who find it "cool" to side with the underdog, no matter how low they are. I guess you fit into that category, because both of us have the same info available, so we'll both make our own conclusions. And where did i say she was the only girl to die? She was the only one to be filmed dying, that i'm aware of. Are you really so dense as to not see the reason she is getting so much attention is because we all watched her die? I guess so. Either way, I knew the Iranian government would try and spin this once they got the people under control. I'm sure they appreciate your support.

To the renob who asked if i read the entire 3 post long thread that i started, maybe you should think before you type....

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninecrimes

No one ever implied that "only western governments lie and murder innocent people", other than yourself.

Why don't you try reading a thread in it's entirety before making yourself look like such a tool?

thanks for backing me, but in defense... he created the thread. I think he read the 4 posts that had been made?

how about instead of trolling, you contribute? dont talk before making yourself look like a tool

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

yes, but im sure there are many more women who have been filmed dying in iran since this started. and im sure countless videos have been circulated by iranians that show just this. But, we will never see any of them because this suspicious video whose genuineness(is that a word?) has been called into question before has been thrusted onto an international pedestal. These things happen all the time, people die in conflict, but making an unknown women the mascot for a revolution is no easy feat, it takes money and the right position.

I dont always side with the underdog, i dont know where you get that impression? I am simply drawing a conclusion from the facts that are in front of me and presenting them with as much logic as can be lent to the situation. Just because you think your right doesnt make is so, and the same goes for me. Both countries have a murkey history and neither can be trusted at this point

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X2
yes, but im sure there are many more women who have been filmed dying in iran since this started. and im sure countless videos have been circulated by iranians that show just this.

If there were, they'd be online i suspect, there's been alot of footage of beatings of all kinds, but none as direct as this video.

But, we will never see any of them because this suspicious video whose genuineness(is that a word?) has been called into question before has been thrusted onto an international pedestal.

The only party in this situation who is trying to make sure we don't see footage is the Iranian government. How has the video of her deaths genuineness (i don't know but in this thread its is, lol), other than plain old cynicism, been called into question? Any video that makes a huge impact on the world stage gets questioned as a standard operating procedure, i guess.

These things happen all the time, people die in conflict, but making an unknown women the mascot for a revolution is no easy feat, it takes money and the right position.

But what about the other unlikely icons that have stood for movements, that she has been compared to? Where they all staged as well? I think that we should give the Iranian people the benefit of the doubt here.

Both countries have a murkey history and neither can be trusted at this point

We can agree on that, and my position on our own government has been clearly stated for the past several years on this board, i am by far no government cheerleader. But the Iranian government is worse in my eyes. Could you imagine if our government outright stated they would attack us if we protested, and police ran through the streets beating old women and everybody else? Could you imagine of Obama called for mass executions of protestors?? I know there are many who think we're just a stones throw away from that, but we're not there yet. The Iranian government is repressive, murderous, and corrupt, it's not a secret. So, occams razor leads me to believe Neda's death was at the hands of the Iranian government, there is footage of the man who shot her, and he was a basiji thug. I stand behind the Iranian people, I don't think they are being used as western puppets in this event. I hope that if we are ever at the point that we've had enough, that they would support us and not dismiss us as tools of the east.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad makes me sick,,,he is scum....and a lot of the hard line clerics as well....

I dont care what others think,,,but I hope the CIA gots something up their sleeve for these nut cases...
Im sure iran has spies here also,,,,so all is fare in my books and I hope my team wins!!!!

huggs everyone

amy

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Monday called the death of Neda Agha-Soltan "suspicious" and urged the country's authorities to identify those responsible for it,

All he's got to do is look in the mirror and he'll see who is responsible for it.
He rigged an election. He made a power grab. His goons shot her. He is responsible.

[edit on 6/29/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Iran blaming everything on the US. Next he will claim the US rigged the election to make him look bad. It's getting old.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by amfirst]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
alright, i can agree theres no solid evidence for nadas death being us-orchistrated. I will take the stance of a fair, untampered revolution until further evidence comes to the tabel

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X2

thanks for backing me, but in defense... he created the thread. I think he read the 4 posts that had been made?

how about instead of trolling, you contribute? dont talk before making yourself look like a tool

Are you joking? Just because he made the original post does not mean he has read the replies, which should be most obvious to you, seeing as he his ignorant implications where aimed right at you (in this case, implying that you made a statement which you did not). You have no valid reason to have insulted me for defending the forum regulations- I'm just sorry I took the time to make an attempt to help, at all.

PS- this thread is nothing but speculation and unfounded accusations. I am much less a troll than either of you, simply for refusing to contribute anything non-factual (maybe you should do the same, instead of arguing international rumors and he-said-she-said on an internet forum). Deny ignorance.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by ninecrimes]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Exactly. I know it's almost impossible for alot of people to not see everything as a conspiracy by the US government, but what did we gain here? We didn't use the crackdown as an excuse to bomb Iran, or support and arm a coup against the Iranian government. On the contrary, Obama tried to walk a tightrope and not offend anybody involved there, but of course the Iranian government isn't playing it that way. One would also think that, if the US and Israel are as intent as many here say they are on attacking Iran, a new progressive government is the last thing they want, so it's not really in their interests to bring down the Iranian regime, from that perspective anyway.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

We can both agree on that.
But, how much you wanna bet they will torture some random protestor into admitting on camera that the US or UK put them up to it? The fact that Ahmadenijad is calling for an "investigation" does not bold well for some unlucky protestor, IMO. It seems unlikely that they won't wrap it up, nice and clean in the favor of the regime...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

seeing as he his ignorant implications where aimed right at you (in this case, implying that you made a statement which you did not).

You're right, he/she didn't specifically say only western governments kill, it was sarcasm on my part, that was used to reply to the statement that her killing may have been "calculated", which it was obviously, but i took the statement as meaning calculated by the west. I also took his/her reply as a defense of the Iranian government, which was a mistake and we seem to agree that although it could be something more, until we see some real evidence, a duck is a duck.

PS- this thread is nothing but speculation and unfounded accusations. I am much less a troll than either of you, simply for refusing to contribute anything non-factual (maybe you should do the same, instead of arguing international rumors and he-said-she-said on an internet forum). Deny ignorance.

So, are you saying that the Iranian president did not say that her death was suspicious?? That's what the thread is about,no speculation or unfounded accusations (besides against the west in this case) on this thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Well,you are correct,not everything is a conspiracy.But when we know America and the Uk have been spending billions trying to overthrow the regime...im pretty sure they know how to spend the money wisely given their past history when it comes to Iran...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join