It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott Anything NBC/MSNBC/CNBC - GE Govt's Biggest Beneficiary of Bailout - through Loophole

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If we boycott and cause a significant enough drop in their profits, they're just going to get another bailout. Not saying that it's a bad idea, but these people didn't get the bailout money because the failure of their companies would have a dramatic negative impact on the economy. They got the money because they're connected politically, and they could easily pull off another run on our tax money.

TA

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
we should be boycotting the MSM regardless......... you should also make sure to tell fam\freinds to do the same

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
well my motto is to BOYCOTT TV....period!

what you don't get on the faux news channels, you get through commercials. Those dreamy, dumb and fictional commercials.

Do what I did. Take an axe to the TV and never let it in the house again. You'll have a happier and smarter family.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Hold on

A company borrows money, they gotta pay it back (pay us back)...so, the theory is if we spend even less on their products, that will somehow make the company bounce back and repay?

That makes no sense...and no, I quite like the NBC channels, and GE products...and since they need the business, I might buy through them before anywhere else.

oh, and good luck boycotting anything NBC...last I seen, almost every major product was advertised through their networks...looks like your going camping for quite awhile..good luck with that, dont forget to keep your socks dry.

Seriously...why are republican propoganda threads on a conspiracy website...there is nothing hidden about this...just more sour grapes...isnt there a political forum somewhere on the internet where you can gripe for the next 4 years or so?

Does this type of work pay good? I mean I don't really have any friends here, so might as well get paid to try to make legitimate opinions and options look foolish or sway sediment. I personally don't really think it works too well here; however, I might be willing to give it a shot if the pay is good enough. How much do you make, and where do you submit an application for this type of work?

(That's sarcasm for those whom did not immediately recognize it)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Hold on

A company borrows money, they gotta pay it back (pay us back)...so, the theory is if we spend even less on their products, that will somehow make the company bounce back and repay?

That makes no sense...and no, I quite like the NBC channels, and GE products...and since they need the business, I might buy through them before anywhere else.

oh, and good luck boycotting anything NBC...last I seen, almost every major product was advertised through their networks...looks like your going camping for quite awhile..good luck with that, dont forget to keep your socks dry.

Seriously...why are republican propoganda threads on a conspiracy website...there is nothing hidden about this...just more sour grapes...isnt there a political forum somewhere on the internet where you can gripe for the next 4 years or so?

Does this type of work pay good? I mean I don't really have any friends here, so might as well get paid to try to make legitimate opinions and options look foolish or sway sediment. I personally don't really think it works too well here; however, I might be willing to give it a shot if the pay is good enough. How much do you make, and where do you submit an application for this type of work?

(That's sarcasm for those whom did not immediately recognize it)

Word. Does he expect us to believe that there are people that really "think" like that on this site, or anywhere for that matter? A bit of subtlety would keep your cover from being blown.

If GE is reading this, I'll do his job better and for less. Hey we all gotta eat...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well, im sure the work is good..providing yuo accept more work for less $$ like a slave...and realize yuo WILL eventually be laid off...so someone with the same metality as saturn, takes your place.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Get a list of the major advertisers on *BC. Email them and tell them you will boycott their products until they yank their ads.

That's how you hurt GE.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I will boycott everything GE or NBC, except of course, for Conan O'Brien

But really does this come as a surprise to anyone? Don't these sort of shady deals happen all the time, and didn't we already KNOW deep down the bailout money was going to benefit only the rich and bail them out from the trouble they and the Fed created?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
How outrageous that GE is the biggest beneficiary of the Govt's bailout program, by owning 2 small banks - they don't have to follow the rules either!

link to article: www.washingtonpost.com...

General Electric, the world's largest industrial company, has quietly become the biggest beneficiary of one of the government's key rescue programs for banks.

At the same time, GE has avoided many of the restrictions facing other financial giants getting help from the government.

The company did not initially qualify for the program, under which the government sought to unfreeze credit markets by guaranteeing debt sold by banking firms. But regulators soon loosened the eligibility requirements, in part because of behind-the-scenes appeals from GE.

So, GE is getting money from all of us, because they can. Mind you the govt. turned down California's request for help, because it was actually for the average citizen. Come July 1st. California is going to be in a world of hurt - welfare, health, parks, jobs, the list goes on and on will be stopping.

But GE a Huge corporation got 340 BILLION from the bail out!!!!

Everyone needs to seriously BOYCOTT ANYTHING NBC!!! All of us suffer, while others get money just for the heck of it, when they don't need it!!!

As a result, GE has joined major banks collectively saving billions of dollars by raising money for their operations at lower interest rates. Public records show that GE Capital, the company's massive financing arm, has issued nearly a quarter of the $340 billion in debt backed by the program, which is known as the Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program, or TLGP. The government's actions have been "powerful and helpful" to the company, GE chief executive Jeffrey Immelt acknowledged in December.

GE's finance arm is not classified as a bank. Rather, it worked its way into the rescue program by owning two relatively small Utah banking institutions, illustrating how the loopholes in the U.S. regulatory system are manifest in the government's historic intervention in the financial crisis.

Below you will see, it IS the largest corporation - they had NO RIGHT to get 340 BILLION dollars!!!

The current good fortune of General Electric, ranked by Forbes as the world's largest company, has roots in the Great Depression, when it created a consumer finance arm so that cash-starved families could buy its appliances.

What grew from those beginnings is now a powerful engine of profit, accounting for nearly half of its parent's net earnings in the past five years. GE may be better known for light bulbs and home appliances, but GE Capital is one of the world's largest and most diverse financial operations, lending money for commercial real estate, aircraft leasing and credit cards for stores such as Wal-Mart. If GE Capital were classified as a banking company, it would be the nation's seventh largest.

The article is 4 pages long and well worth reading - including on how GE worked the system to get the money!!

The govt. doesn't stop amazing me, on how they are working against the people and only for big corporations!

Again - I have gotten an email going - linking this article asking everyone to BOYCOTT ANYTHING NBC!!

That is one of the mildest things we can all do, to show our disapproval of the government and big corporations who are getting money from all of us!!

Edit - GE OWNS NBC/MSNBC/CNBC - for those who may not know.

Also - email others about this info - wouldn't it be Cool if ATS members got a boycott going against the network?!

[edit on 29-6-2009 by questioningall]

They are the money GEnie aren't they. They got money out of thin
air, that's kinda magic.

Correct me If I'm wrong, but it looks like GE actually went out to buy
some more debt just so the Tax Payer can pay for it.

Brilliant, only in Umerica. I thought the Umercian dream was a dream,
but instead it's alive and well living in GE.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Boycott my ass. The power of ATS needs to be wielded on those in ConGress.

Stop whining about them screwing us and let the idiots voting for this stuff know you will vote them out.

We need protests and outrage at those in Congress and the Senate to stop voting lobbyist and start voting citizen or start saving for your retirement.

This goes much deeper than GE beggin for money like every other corporation out there. They have used this hype to get everything they want and lay everyone off.

In 1999 Congress passed a law that Bill clinton signed rescinding the Glass stiegel act that was created after the great depression to seperate bank holding companies from investment banks so Citibank could buy an insurance company and become Citi Group.

This crashed the entire banking system.

In 2007 the Securities Exchange commission rescinded the Uptick Rule that was created after the great depression to stop day traders from killing the market.

This caused the Dow to loss half it's value in 1 year. Trade volume went through the roof and they could clearly see the result of their actions and did not re-instate the rule.

Because when stock prices plummet the rich can buy everything up.

This was all a Heist.

Bernake does nto want them to audit the Fed because it will crash the value of our currency when we find out how they have been manipulating our economy. Pressure Congress to pass this audit of the Fed.

As we speak Congress is debating a healthcare bill that will spend billions of your tax money to buy computers for an industry that cost us 2 trillion dollars in one year. I think they can afford to buy their own computers. Congress needs to mandate it, not pay for it. medical insurance is out of control and they are debating a bill taht will force more people into the hands of the Insurance companies.

If my cheapskate company can not find cheaper insurance the governement sure can't.

Stop this from passing by using the Internet to gather public protests. We can not allow them to continue to destroy our financial system, healthcare system, country in general.

After Arthur Anderson an accounting firm cheated on Enron's auditing these genius' in congres passed the Sarbanes Oxley bill. This allowed corporations to not only continue to audit themselves it allowed them to continue to hire the firm that audits them. Why does the IRS audit individual tax payers rather than corporations?

Forget the Boycott start active but peacefull protests. They either vote for the people or go home!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Boycott NBC!? But but but...what about Conan? I needs ma Conan...and Jimmy Kimmel is growing on me as well...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
S&F

From Global Totalitarianism And The Working Animal by Florentin Smarandache

(Free ebook here

www.gallup.unm.edu...

We live today in an Upside-Down World, whose equilibrium has been broken and those who lead play the fools: - a Klan of elites manipulate the whole world setting up a global dictatorship as never before in the humankind s history; - the tyrants show up as good men; - the evil is presented to the public s eye as angel; - there is today a democracy of the most powerful; - respecting the human rights became synonymous to subordination to the most powerful; - creators, scientists, writers who don t obey to the powerful elite are blacklisted, ignored, slandered; - the rich elite Klan manipulates mass-media, economy, spirituality, recession/depression and the whole global life. Opportunists ally with the most powerful in their attempt to get some rests from the powerful elites table... About this gloomy reality and more on today s spiritual misery, you can read in the book. It is today a highest paradoxism ever at all levels of the global society!

I personally and deeply resent "the bail out".

My country I pay taxes to and the politicians my taxes pay their salaries and generous retirement packages to allowing my company to outsource to India leaving me jobless and approaching 60 years of age.

Living in a corporate dictatorship run by and for the elite with the rest of humanity having no rights and no real future

Paying for a war I did not vote for nor condone

The two sets of law in effect, one for the corporations and powerful elite and the other for the rest of us.

I suggest to the reader that perhaps they might want to download the above book.

It's well written and thought out.

It also explains more of what is going on and why.

Our freedom and democracy are illusions.

and yes I will boycott NBC and FOX.

Most of what is on TV now is a waste of precious time.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
People don't have a f@%&king clue about GE. They received a tonne of bailout money? Big deal, what else is new? Crooks get rich and their companies get richer.

Want to have a real reason to boycott? How about GE being 100% responsible for free energy suppression when it's owner and founder J.P Morgan single handily took down Nicolas Tesla and virtually had him erased from the history books? How about GE being responsible for the largest amass of suppressed technology on the planet, bar-none?

Fridges and stoves and jet planes and nuclear reactors - hahaha. You think this this their business? Their business is and always has been to keep you as an ignorant and grateful consumer. They've been at it for over a hundred years.

They are one of the worst corporate conglomerates in the history of mankind (as far as hurting and harming and preventing the advancement of humanity goes).

[edit on 30-6-2009 by StrangeBrew]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

if i don't like a company's way of business,i don't buy their goods.it mightn't even effect them,but at lest I've stood by my principles,if they lay off people,then the competition will need more people anyway because they would be getting more business.asshole companies need to be taught a lesson,that we're sick of their #,and the things they can get away with.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but i just found it on Wiki

Criminal convictions GE has faced criminal action regarding its defense related operations. GE was convicted in 1990 of defrauding the U.S. Department of Defense, and again in 1992 on charges of corrupt practices in the sale of jet engines to Israel.[33][34] [edit] Media depiction GE was the focus of a 1991 short subject Academy Award winning documentary, "Deadly Deception: General Electric, Nuclear Weapons, and Our Environment"[35] that juxtaposed "GE's rosy 'We Bring Good Things To Life' commercials with the true stories of workers and neighbors whose lives have been devastated by the company's involvement in building and testing nuclear bombs."[36]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I cannot agree more. Great job questioningall. Yes we should boycott companies that received our tax payer money and GE would be a beneficiary of those funds.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It pisses me off, It raises many questions, It raises many eyebrows...

Where are the checks and balances for this sort of thing?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MichaelMysteries

there are none remember? The FED and the Treasury department are supposed to have carte blanche to do whatever they please with TARP funds. The only think Congress can do at this point is bitch and moan at the CEOs.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
As I am obsessed with light bulbs, I must say I am not too fond of General Electric anymore. Their fluorescent tubes, many, but not all of them, have their mercury content reduced. Sounds good right? Since there is less mercury, there is less life. A GE 40w T12 will last 16,000 hours, the commonly sold Ecolux kind. At many stores now like Lowes they only have the Ecolux kind. Philips, however, has reduced mercury content while keeping a 20,000 hour lifespan. Most people don't care, but its annoying to people with OCD.
It's also getting harder to find their 100w incandescents, know all I can find are 57w, 97w, and other strange wattages which will reduce light output. Although incandescents are inefficient at producing light, there are times in which they must be used like in a chandelier which needs a clear bulb to look right. I am not a light bulb bigot. I use CFL's in parts of my home, and I've even tried high pressure sodium!

Really, we shouldn't be supporting any of these MSM companies or corporations, including Philips or GE,. Sometimes you just have to choose the lesser of the evils (or the one with bulbs that last longer!)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I never much did care for those net works anyway. they never report on anything that matters.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join