It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott Anything NBC/MSNBC/CNBC - GE Govt's Biggest Beneficiary of Bailout - through Loophole

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think that boycott anything NBC/MSNBC/ CNBC could be a great idea
and gain steam with the public

probably not be that popular on the TV.....probably label people as unamerican or something unoriginal

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well a boycott would at least be a start......then kick it up a notch....America's greatest enemy>> TV
A absense of TV for a year would do this country wonders....just thought.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This is exactly what happens when you have an inexperienced, new administration rushing to get its hands on $800B as fast as possible.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You know what makes me laugh? The fact that people here on ATS say we should give obama a break.

Alien Mind

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Hold on

Seriously...why are republican propoganda threads on a conspiracy website...there is nothing hidden about this...just more sour grapes...isnt there a political forum somewhere on the internet where you can gripe for the next 4 years or so?

Actually I have always been a very strong Democrat, worked hard for months for free to try and get Kerry elected and then tried to bring out to the public the voter fraud afterwards. Sent money to Obama, etc.

BUT - I got smart in Sept. 08 - found out what was real and what was just empty promises - I don't believe in either party now.

GE - to even get ANY Bailout money is outrageous!! It is a Free for all - As long as you are a Big Corporation or member of the Elite. BUT if you are an average person - your taxes are going sky high along with all energy cost and pretty soon all government services (like California).

They will pay it back? Oh sure they will - in the mean time all of us (who actually make up the United States of America and make it what it is) will be suffering and every penny wrung out of us, by the government for GE and all those other Big Corps.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Everything going on lately has just left me completely annoyed.

So I no longer want to watch TV, except for local news stations, or especially watch any new movies (too many in Hollywood try to push their politics down our throats and I've just had enough).

So basically all I view now for knowledge and entertainment is the Internet...especially forums like ATS...real people who bring up issues that matter to all of us...

The MSM no longer gets my attention, and will certainly no longer get my money!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I should think that outright thievery would be a bi-partisan issue, no?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
BOYCOTT THE BAILED OUT!!!

S&F for you!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Its not the fact that Obama is this great supreme leader...hell, I am having all sorts of issues with him.

Its simply the fact that this is a political agenda...this is business as usual in washington. The bailout wasnt secret, it wasnt a behind closed doors hopefully nobody will notice a trillion bucks missing, all of this was about as loud and in your face as possible.

ATS is a conspiracy website...nowhere in here does it talk about how MSNBC is actually a front for the NWO/Illuminati that is producing theta waves to hypnotise the public into having abortions, or that GE is a front organization for reptilian underlords that is trying to turn every wall socket in the world into a death ray...nothing...there is no conspiracy here...which means, its simply a one sided moanfest by a losing party.

Hey, the perfect government is a technocratic council...but theres not even a party formed for that, much less a viable candidate...Bush was a evil SOB that has done more for a establishment of a NWO than 20 Obamas could do...McCain was Bush V2...Obama was the only choice, not the best...just the only...And currently, 3rd party votes are a waste...might as well stay home until they get equal airtime...petition the MSM if you want to gripe about it.

So...is ATS simply a republican talking points board? its like going to Glenn Beck website lately around here...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

.Obama was the only choice, not the best...just the only...

except he wasnt. Ron Paul anyone?

But with Rupert Murdoch owning half of CNBC, all this left/right stuff is just a different side to the same coin.

The general Idea of just two major parties is wrecked.

Thats why I think ATS should be the new congress, we all get a voice.

-------------------------------------------

They didnt get where they are today without being sort of cut throat. Edison payed Tesla very little, reneging on deals to pay him a fair rate for his contributions.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Good article. I personally have not had television service since November of 2007 and have done just fine without it. The only thing my television is used for is Playstation or Wii games and a place to sit my car keys. I would recommend more people get away from television and the constant force feeding they receive everyday. No matter if they do it as a boycott or just as a personal choice to unplug from the garbage on the tube. GE has been around a long time and did not become as big as they are by not finding loopholes and breaks to help their company. They are just doing what so many other companies do and that is finding a way to get the most for themselves. Just my personal opinion of course. Nice thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Heh...i just thought I'd add....MSNBC, CNN, and CNBC are pretty much boycotted without an actual boycott. Their ratings are terrible... I wonder why?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I find this particularly interesting during an administration run by the Democratic Party. Seems to me that this is totally against the Democratic Party line of thinking, am I right? How is it that it seems to make no difference when you elect Ds or Rs to office. You still get big government, big corporation support, and the little guy pays. Go figure.....

Well, I work for a company affiliated with GE. It is a good way to keep the economy afloat, depending on whether or not it will mortgage the future of our progeny...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by drsmooth23

Boycotting NBC stations is a good way for everyone to do something to show their displeasure over the bailouts, especially to a company, as you pointed out with all their areas DID NOT NEED IT!!

It's a good way assuming you have a Nielson Box on top of your TV. You don't? Well, nobody will know you're not watching. If you miss the shows you enjoy, the only person being annoyed is yourself. How does me being annoyed and no one knowing about it possibly punish GE or MSNBC?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
I find this particularly interesting during an administration run by the Democratic Party. Seems to me that this is totally against the Democratic Party line of thinking, am I right? How is it that it seems to make no difference when you elect Ds or Rs to office. You still get big government, big corporation support, and the little guy pays. Go figure.....

Well, I work for a company affiliated with GE. It is a good way to keep the economy afloat, depending on whether or not it will mortgage the future of our progeny...

There is no difference because lobbiests, rich financial contributors, and big business control Congress because they control the money. Unfortunately, you can't attack these institutions having so much power without being called a communist.

You people need to decide what is it that you want. Whether they sell their motivation as left or right, the rich still control the government and the media. So, keep attacking each other - lefts attack rights, rights attack lefts! See what happens - absolutely nothing!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I refuse to watch anything on MSNBC or NBC. The only show that I watch and will continue to watch is Conan O'brien.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
If you dont want to support GE stations and channels, you will pretty much have to stop watching TV all together;

That would be the general gist of things.
Who on earth watches TV anymore, anyways? Oh, wait, the 99% of the mindless sheeple in the 'civilised world'.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This really should not come as a big surprise. GE has been a big player for the military industrial complex for many years. It was planned all along that they would profit from this transfer of wealther they called bailout.
But props to you for breaking this story here on ATS. I havent watch Mainstream Television (save for a few comedy shows and the occasional good movie) for 2-3 years now, and I havent missed it one bit.
To people definding GE and this massive fraud, let me remind you that your tax dollars are making these people rich, leaving you broke. There's no such thing as coincidence in this game we are playing. If something happens, you can be sure that someone is profiting from it.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i just got a $750 fridge from GE =o

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
here's another piece to the the puzzle
washingtontimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join