It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran 'frees five' UK embassy staff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Iran 'frees five' UK embassy staff

news.bbc.co.uk

Five out of nine local staff from the UK embassy detained in Tehran have been released, Iran's state TV says
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Yet another move in the ongoing chess game between the Iranians and the West.

Will be interesting to see what happens in Iran over the next few weeks.

According to Infowars, the whole Revolution in Iran has been carefully orchestrated by the West and if it doesnt work, it could pave a way for Military action.

I personally feel the West should keep their nose out and leave this Battle to Iran and Israel.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The "revolution" by the US backed candidate seems to be running out of steam fast. Not only did they appear to very quickly abandon the calls that the election results were rigged, having not been able to provide any credible evidence, but they then switched to pushing the death of a single woman in the mayhem. It seems that even this event is kinda fishy when analysed properly and may have been a case of murder to stir up feeling in the west against the government.

The British government has no say in the arrest of these Embassy employees. They are not British citizens after all. Gordon Brown and his cronies started the tit for tat game by freezing Iranian assets, to the tune of about £1.6Billion I think it was, without any legal justification. Although I guess, like the attack on Iraq, it's legal if they do it and they'll never be accountable anyway.

They just like playing their little power games and don't care about the little people in the middle. The Embassy employees and their families mean nothing to Gordon Brown. Hell, he doesn't even care about us, the British citizens, so why get all misty eyed over a bunch of Iranians?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I can't wait to see how the UK press tries to spin this to make the Iranians look bad. Remember how they tried to make out how badly our troops were treated by the Iranians after they'd been captured in disputed territory? That whole thing seemed like a setup to me at the time but the Iranians were too canny or civilised to mistreat their prisoners. I remember reading articles with horrifying headlines only to find that there was no justification for such lurid reporting in the article itself.

So... prepare for "my hostage hell" stories but with no meat on them.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Good call

I did a quick search on Neda the other day to try and find out more details.From what I could google from the 1st few pages from similar sources was the crowd Found the man who shot her who told them he had aimed to shoot her leg and was crying-They were going to lynch him but decided to take his ID badge!
WHy did he aim to shoot her?By all accounts she had just got out of the car to stretch her legs and wasnt anything to do with this rally that was further away

news.bbc.co.uk...

I dont know about you but If I saw some thug kill anyone let alone that beutufull woman I would do more than take his ID!

The Doctor near her had just voted in England and went over there,good timing there man

Its also ironic that her name means Voice,so the voice of Iran was killed

Hopefully the person who did this will be captured,or at the very least his ID broadcast to the world considering they have it

new topics

top topics

join