It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science confirms tomb contains mortal remains of Apostle Paul, says Pope

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

www.asianews.it

With “great emotion” Benedict XVI announced that a recent scientific probe confirmed what Catholic tradition has always held, namely that the body of the Apostle Paul is located under the papal altar in the Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls. The announcement was made today in the basilica itself during the homily of the First Vespers of the Feast Day of Saints Peter and Paul, which brings the Pauline Year to a close, a year that was held to celebrate 2,000 years since the birth of the Apostle of Tarsus.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Gorman91]

Mod Edit: Please use the same title as the source.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
They finally found his body.

I know that there's plenty on here who say Christ and the apostles never existed, well does this change your mind?

I for one find it interesting. The idea of looking at the genetics of the bone could be interesting. If they were supposedly able to "speak and hear" all languages, something's got to be up with those genes.

What does everyone think?

www.asianews.it
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think this was already posted here at ATS.

here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-6-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
That may have been related to the beginning of the test. Now the test is done and confirms it.

EDIT

nvrmind

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is about Paul. Peter's body would have been better in my opinion. Still, I haven't read it yet. Just pointing out the error in your title.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

I'm a dumbass.

changed

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

what if they found all three bodies?Peter Paul and Mary?sorry couldn't resist

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Good, now let's burn it because the guy was clearly out for his own twisted agenda of creating power. Nice job coopting an entire religion, Paul.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Good, now let's burn it because the guy was clearly out for his own twisted agenda of creating power. Nice job coopting an entire religion, Paul

Agreed.
The message of Jesus - I’m a firm believer and do what I can to practice His examples.

Paul on the other hand?

Well you said it best.

thanks

ADDED NOTE: One thing I find so interesting.
I watch my local and country news every morning (I live in Italy).
I heard not a word about the whole Arc of the Covenant situation and now nothing, I mean not a peep about this article either last night or this morning.
Hmmmm, makes me wonder about the news here.
Sounds as if it's as bad as American news.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
& they know it's Paul because what? The remains are of someone who died within 200yrs of the alleged life of Jesus? Bit flimsy I'd say...
Something else I wonder about is catholicism as a whole. What is it with burying people inside a building that's in use? Creepy death cult is what it looks like to me.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

No. Just honoring someone.

If I was a great historic leader I'd bury myself behind a wall in the white house, forever there observing.

Why is it bad?

Love of the dead is not a death cult. I love all those whom I know and died. This is bad?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Doesn't all of Christianity seem like a creepy death cult though? They use the image of a guy being tortured to death as the very icon of their faith!

Death is central to the entire concept, for if Jesus did not die on the cross he could not have been resurrected, as well as the wonderful selection of afterlives it provides, climaxing with John's lovely revelation about how everyone is going to die in the end, anyway.

Damn creepy, the whole thing!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

They should do some DNA testing. Paul was a Jew and it would be interesting to know how or if his DNA differs from that of modern Jewry. Since Paul was from Tarsus ,it would also be interesting to know if he had Persian or Hitite ancestors. I believe Paul is under rated as an apostle ,but this just may be his Karma for persecuting early Christians.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I too am wondering how the hell they can be so sure that it is really Paul. I mean does he have a nametag on or something? Was there a big neon sign in the tomb that says "Here lies Paul" with a big arrow pointing down?

I just dont get it....

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I do not believe they have a test that can conclusively say this is Paul. It is not like they have some family DNA to test. I say BUNK!!!

How can Paul be an apostle when he never met Christ?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

DNA can prove he is Jewish and Scientists can compare his DNA with the DNA of other Jews living in Tarsus around the time of Paul. Together this would be even stronger circumstantial evidence that the remains belong to Paul not that any proof would be enough to convince someone brainwashed to believe Christianity is founded on fairy tales. Paul had relatives and it is quite likely there are people related to Paul walking the earth even now.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The Christian, uhhh....church? organization? faith?...is rife with frauds of every conceivable sort. Why should this be any different? Historically, whenever the faithful flagged a bit in support, the church comes up with a new amazing artifact, revelation, whatever it takes to restore faith.

Before I'd accept this as anything other than an old dead body, provanence unkown, I'd need to see DNA evidence at a minimum to link this particular body to a Middle East origin. If it has European-type DNA, of course it's a fraud, or at least not Paul. I'd also want to see supporting documentation from the Papal archives. Surely, buried deep in that thieves' rathole there is something that can support things one way or the other.

Til then, it's just marketing hype.

Anyway, Paul was a power-hungry misogynist not worth honoring...the criminal outfit he built retarded progress for centuries, fomented hate, and murdered millions of people. What's to respect about that?

[edit on 29-6-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

No, his actions did not cause that. Others took what he said and used it for war.

If I take what you say and twist if for genocidal purposes, you're not at fault.

The guy had some of his words forged too.

He's been the whipping boy for a lot of stuff. Like the above said, lol @ karma.

None the less, it's easy to tell if it's Paul. If the genes are eastern, it is. Simple as that. Rome and Persia were at odd then and for a long time. To have an easterner in Rome would be shocking. He'd either be Paul or a Seleucid spy.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

www.asianews.it

With “great emotion” Benedict XVI announced that a recent scientific probe confirmed what Catholic tradition has always held, namely that the body of the Apostle Paul is located under the papal altar in the Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls.

Mod Edit: Please use the same title as the source.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Gemwolf]

With great emotion...What was he laughing his ass off? More bs "proof" of what, some dusty bones (if that, after 1800 years) that was under their noses all this time.
More woolly fairy tales to pull over the devout bead counters eyes. Check his dog tags.
What kind of scientific proof or ya suppose to take his word for it.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

They where all Jews. To the best of my knowledge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join