It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange is happening in the forests of Africa.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Frankly if this info was first reported in 2007 that would fit the required time needed to secure funding for a film get out and take video then come back to edit and air on TV... Projects like that take a lot of time... I remember seeing one show on a White Stallion that was years in the making... So this wasn't some overnight hack job thrown together by grad students

[edit on 28-6-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Truly fascinating stuff. The ending was awesome and it's so well done. I noticed something about halfway through part 5 and I would like ya'll to take a look. The piece suggests that the three year old will almost always say that the puppet will look for the object in the second box. They are demonstrating that the three year old cannot comprehend that the puppet would go back to the first one . The three year old says the puppet will go to the green box, ( the second one ) instead of the first one.
OK. That's supposing that the three year old thinks the puppet is a separate being, another consciousness . The three year old says it will go and look in the second box not because it does not comprehend, but because it knows that the puppet is just a toy on the experimenter's hand. Of course the child thinks that the puppet will go to the green box(the second one) . The kid knows that the puppet is controlled by the woman that "secretly" moved it when the puppet wasn't "looking". The woman knows she moved the object, so does the kid. If the woman wants the object she'll go to the second one because she knows she just moved it there. (3 year old outsmarts scientists ) nicely done and star and flag for you.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
haha [edit to remove what could possibly be interpreted as a racist comment].

If they can make Letterman apologize, think of what the PC crowd could do to *me*!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
WOW! thanks for posting im gonna look deeper into this matter for sure man TY

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I watched this just the other night when it came on- I recorded it on my DVR too.

A good program, though I've seen images of chimps in the water before this program aired (Within the last two-three years or so.)

I believe we're witnessing their intelligence evolving.

I know a lot of people say "Well, we've been here for about as long as they have, and look at us!"

But we're a different species.

I think if left to their own devices, the Great Apes could become something truly fantastic- Evolution never stops.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If they get much smarter I'm sure mankind will try to enslave them.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dewm0nster

That makes me wonder if anyone witnessed *our* intelligence evolving.

Oh wait, that's God.

and LOL Jokai.. haha well not really, but on the inside.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If they get much smarter, they might start to question what we've been doing to their natural habitats.

I really like videos like this, aside from the "cute" factor, it's fascinating ~ like watching a toddler learning to walk.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the ethics of encouraging their development? Personally I think it would be wrong, but we're in a position where we can communicate...

en.wikipedia.org...

It's also worth checking the link in there to Washoe

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez

Originally posted by Dewm0nster

That makes me wonder if anyone witnessed *our* intelligence evolving.

Oh wait, that's God.

and LOL Jokai.. haha well not really, but on the inside.

To be honest, that's what I thought when I watched the program.

Bonobos are most like us- Perhaps our ancestor was like they are today; and we were influenced?

This isn't my belief, of course, but it was nice to speculate while I watched the program.

But yeah, like I said, evolution never stops.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
Nice post but damm ....anyone outside the USA cant watch it!!

Probably some more mind control stuff with subliminal messages that anyone other than americans wont be controlled by!!

I could from Colombia

altho Colombia is managed by the US O_o

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Frankly, i do not trust the idea that chimps never sat in the pond. And it is known that great apes can use tools. It is different thing to hunt with a spear then to crash a nut between two rocks, but i did not see a spear hunt, just chimp with a stick.
So far i saw nothing extraordinary, but i have to admit that i watched only beginning of the video. If there are phalanxes of marching chimps with spears, consider me wrong.

It's probably just a google ad, get over it. I made an article criticising GM & Obama, and I got GM & Obama ads until I filtered 'em out. It's life, I'm not going to not walk the streets just because they were 'sponsored' by the government.

Secondly, nice post, but why is this not on BTS?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
This is ludicrous. This is just another attempt to substantiate evolution over the truth of God creating the universe. Chimps are amongst the most trainable animals on earth and the whole world knows that the CIA or some United States organization looking to instill a popular religious thought could easily (and most likely did) just train the chimps to do this and then take them to a jungle somewhere and video tape them doing what they were trained to do.

Thanks for your insights. It's interesting that on so many subjects discussed on this site, whenever something comes up that contributors find disagreeable, when at all possible, blame is given to the US and/or CIA.

Some seem to think there are no virtually human activities that are not somehow provoked by the US or CIA. Now there is suspicion that even animals are not capable of independent thinking and action.

One imagines the chimpanzees wonder who created them. If there are other forms of intelligent life in the universe.

Mike

[edit on 28-6-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
God forbid they start having "key" parties

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Eventually they will come across evidence of humans uncharacteristically obtaining and devouring food with their bare hands and question wonder what is going on.

Mike

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
is this really evolution of the monkeys

or now with our technology and our ability to use that technology to do more observation of these primates are we just learning new things that we previously didnt know by seeing things we hadnt yet seen, even though they have been happening since time began?

id put my money on this has been happening for a while and we're just finding out about it

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by DaddyBare

As humans are evolving so to are "the animals".

Dogs are smarter.

My dog is doing stuff that if I told you - you just wouldn't believe.

Humans live 80-90 years and have I believe a genetic memory so do animals.

The entire planet is evolving.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by ofhumandescent]

And so are cats. If I had not seen it my self in person I would have never believed it. About 4 years ago on a weekend I ran out of cat food. I was not feeling all that good and was low on money as well. I had cooked some biscuits that morning and I gave them to the cats to eat. My cats will eat almost anything you give them. The cats took the biscuits around to the side of the house and what they did next will be with me forever. They broke up the biscuits into small bits and then hide. As I watched thinking "dumb cats" I got a surprise to say the least. A blue jay landed to eat the biscuit crumbs and got ambushed by half a dozen cats. I have never known house cats to hunt in packs or to use bait to catch food. Over the next hour 5 more birds fail for the trap. I think a lot of the animals are getting smarter all of a sudden. I wish I had the cats setting a bird trap on tape.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Chimpanzees, along with other social animals such as dolphins, have been known to exhibit organized social behavior including playing, having organized gatherings, and coordinating their activities towards a specific recreational goal.

Nothing new.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
This is ludicrous. This is just another attempt to substantiate evolution over the truth of God creating the universe. Chimps are amongst the most trainable animals on earth and the whole world knows that the CIA or some United States organization looking to instill a popular religious thought could easily (and most likely did) just train the chimps to do this and then take them to a jungle somewhere and video tape them doing what they were trained to do. I have seen better parlor tricks from Chriss Angel than this. This isn't even a good trick, to bad some are already blindly falling for such a blatant hoax. The reason why you can't see it outside of the U.S. is because the rest of the world has not been dumbed down and only a dumbed down population is going to fall for this. This is just unconscionable to exploit peoples beliefs like this.

Ah, of course, how simple.
The ol', one-two-train an ape to enter the water and enjoy himself when previous records of chimp behaviour would show that they aren't comfortable around the water- routine.
Hah, I used this one back in junior high to get out of a math test- People, eh?

By the way, as a master illusionist, I would hope you've seen Chris Angel (Chris has one S) perform better "tricks" than an ape in water.
Otherwise I can't fathom what the man's television show consists of.

Good post, Phenomium

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
is this really evolution of the monkeys

or now with our technology and our ability to use that technology to do more observation of these primates are we just learning new things that we previously didnt know by seeing things we hadnt yet seen, even though they have been happening since time began?

id put my money on this has been happening for a while and we're just finding out about it

I don't think anyone is claiming that this is the first time chimps have ever done anything like this...it just may be the first recorded instance of it. That doesn't mean that apes have always done it, though. Evolution doesn't happen in human lifetimes - a species' advance is measured in generations, not years or decades.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join