It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange is happening in the forests of Africa.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMajestic
curious as how this website is sponsored by exxon mobil a rockefellar company, wonder if there're trying to tell us something.

The Nova Television series is sponsored by...Exxon Mobil not this peculiar episode

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Yet more evidence that we're not all that advanced after all. We always think we're better than animals and even think of ourselves separately and yet here we have chimps with complex societies and tool techniques it won't be long until they're writing the Sacred Scrolls and forming forbidden zones

We really should keep an eye on this sort of thing, it might put that evolution debate to bed real quick if we can actually record the evolution of chimps into something else

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is ludicrous. This is just another attempt to substantiate evolution over the truth of God creating the universe. Chimps are amongst the most trainable animals on earth and the whole world knows that the CIA or some United States organization looking to instill a popular religious thought could easily (and most likely did) just train the chimps to do this and then take them to a jungle somewhere and video tape them doing what they were trained to do. I have seen better parlor tricks from Chriss Angel than this. This isn't even a good trick, to bad some are already blindly falling for such a blatant hoax. The reason why you can't see it outside of the U.S. is because the rest of the world has not been dumbed down and only a dumbed down population is going to fall for this. This is just unconscionable to exploit peoples beliefs like this.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Even if it is as you say that someone trained these chimps to make and hunt with a spear and released this troop to the wild then we still have a major evolutionary leap for the great Apes, They have learned to make weapons!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
or is it that nobody bothered to video them in this kind of environment before?

animals are full of surprises

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
This is ludicrous. This is just another attempt to substantiate evolution over the truth of God creating the universe. Chimps are amongst the most trainable animals on earth and the whole world knows that the CIA or some United States organization looking to instill a popular religious thought could easily (and most likely did) just train the chimps to do this and then take them to a jungle somewhere and video tape them doing what they were trained to do. I have seen better parlor tricks from Chriss Angel than this. This isn't even a good trick, to bad some are already blindly falling for such a blatant hoax. The reason why you can't see it outside of the U.S. is because the rest of the world has not been dumbed down and only a dumbed down population is going to fall for this. This is just unconscionable to exploit peoples beliefs like this.

Yes the CIA trained the monkeys for some devious plot to make everyone believe the planet of the ape's was actaully a documentary filmed in another dimension.

religious by any chance?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Nature is god and god is nature.

S&F.

Third line..

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well, perhaps they are getting ready for ascension as well.

I personally don't buy into the evolution theory in its entirety, but if it is true, then the chimps sudden changes in behavior would fit. Perhaps this is the step before a new "humanoid" evolves.

Or, maybe they are just bored.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I watched the whole video rapt and fascinated and when I finished I had the strangest urge to invite all my friends over for a pool party. When they got here despite the fact that it is raining outside I went out back and grabbed a slender branch to a tree and broke it off and fashioned it into a crude instrument to chase everyone in the pool. Remarkably I found all these antics on my part hysterical and started making loud laughing noises and funny shapes with my lips. I have noticed I feel a lot more comfortable squatting by my computer rather than sitting on the chair. Great video, what was it about again?

Yours truly…George

P.S. do you think there will be a sequel?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I honestly don't understand why religious people can't seem grssp the concept that maybe evolution is PART of gods plan? Just because a book suggests that earth was created in a matter of days doesn't mean that is so. Maybe the days are a metaphor for a longer period of time? Anyway, I have faith in Nova. Nova is where I had my first spiritual AHA moment learning about Fractals and how everything around us is fractals. I doubt if it was some sort of CIA operation to deceive they would be teaching us about important things like this. Just my $0.02. :-)

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jar11

I know what you mean. Some have suggested that "evolutionary leaps" are programmed into DNA itself.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jar11

I agree -- why can't it just be as simple as God created the original life form and everything derived from it?

That would take care of God and evolution.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
For anyone not in America, you may watch it here:

Google Video

:-)

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
....anyone outside the USA cant watch it!!

Sure they can, I can

Monkeys hunting and soon making fire ....... I think I'm having a Deja Vu of some sort

My question is where does that leave us? Humanity, do they still have a purpose in this never ending circle?

Africa wasn't it there where they found 'Lucy'?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Wow, thanks for that....What an incredibly fascinating series, revealing some amazing things about apes... S&F!

Sometimes I wonder if there is a secondary evolution of apes to man that is happening right before our very eyes. And if that is the case, and apes are evolving into man for the second time (or maybe even the 100th time?), then I have to wonder what are humans evolving into?

could your answer possibly be aliens?

Zetetic_of_Truth

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
reply to post by jar11

I know what you mean. Some have suggested that "evolutionary leaps" are programmed into DNA itself.

Some have even suggested that evolutionary leaps are happening because a species has eaten some kind of plant or mushroom by mistake that causes hallucinations which which in turn provide a way to "think outside the box".

Maybe a chimp had a shroom for breakfast and saw something in his altered state and came up with these ideas. The rest of the chimps maybe just followed what he (or she...) did and a new behavior was born.

Who knows...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Soon there gunna worship an ape god, or even worse, travel back in time and alter history, Abraham lincoln look out!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IKEA

Very possible...

Not that I'd know first hand, of course!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

It's a wonderful idea that apes are doing things that "have never before been witnessed". But could it be that they have been doing this for decades, and only now, with a little more funding and research have we witnessed these marvels?

I don't want to sound like the ultimate "party pooper", but it just doesn't seem quite right to me that all of a sudden there's a smart documentary covering this topic.

I just did a quick "Ask" search for the same information and it seems that this was reported as far back as 2007.

Just because it wasn't observed before then doesn't mean to say that they haven't been doing it for hundreds of not thousands of years.

Not to mention, a clever documentary, cleverly edited would have you believe that Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings... Ask or Google "Dark Side of the Moon" and enjoy! en.wikipedia.org...(documentary)

I fully believe that apes have been using tools for a long time. I also believe that they are very, very intelligent. As for this being a "new" phenomenon... not for a second.

It seems that as a race we are so insecure that we have to find new and different ways of setting ourselves apart from the animal kingdom, and then find new and different ways of re-attatching ourselves. When will it end?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
From Divine Cosomos: David Wilcock.

The Shift Of the Ages: Convergence Vol 1

www.divinecosmos.com...

Dont know if any of you have heard of the 100th Monkey!

Consciousness is naturally shared between particular species of animals, via the intelligent energy that connects all life in the Universe, and there is also some degree of sharing between all different species as well.

The different animals within a given species are always consulting this “group mind” as they go throughout their daily routines, and if enough animals have the same experience, the knowledge gained from this experience becomes a part of the group-mind.

Hence we have the famous “hundredth monkey” effect, where a series of monkeys were studied on separate islands, all isolated from each other. The scientists performing the study presented the monkeys with a challenge for gathering food that they had never encountered before.

Either potatoes or rice were presented to the monkeys, but they were covered in sand. Some of the monkeys got the idea to wash the food in the stream and remove the sand. After approximately 100 of the monkeys did this, a “critical mass” was reached.

Suddenly, every monkey on every island was no longer perplexed by the problem; they would all immediately wash the rice or potatoes as if they had always known how to do it, though they had never been in contact with any of the first 100 monkeys who solved the puzzle on their own.

Hence, a critical threshold was reached once the “hundredth monkey” learned the skill, and the behavior became completely automatic. This shows us how a new survival concept was written into the group-mind of this particular species of monkey.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by The_Seeker]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join