It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whenever a famous person dies, there is a conspiracy thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I am tired of all the conspiracy theories whenever a famous person dies.

What about, this person died, fullstop? We all die, no big deal and no conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
You do know this is "Above Top Secret" correct? This site is a conspiracy site and tends to explore the edge of reality.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I totally agree ...as if they can't possibly accept the fact that things happen in this world without needing a nefarious reason behind it.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

Yes, I do know that, and unfortunately I think most people here are totally nuts.

Probably including me.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Yes it is so. And every single earthquake/storm is HAARP. And everything bad/good/neutral appearing in the news is NWO. But it is not all. There are other threads (majority), not to mention that appearance of "above-conspiracy" threads is normal for conspiracy site, me thinks. It is all about personal interests of poster. Not all are trolls, by far.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
what about Farrah Faucet?> I dont see any conspiracy theories of her.

Maybe Jackson just needed to one up someone? jk

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High
You do know this is "Above Top Secret" correct? This site is a conspiracy site and tends to explore the edge of reality.

Deny Ignorance.

Denying ignorance is a two-way street.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I can't wait to read about the vast plot that finally did Billy Mays in...

2nd line

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Deny Ignorance.

lol

Well sadly, we can add Billy Mays now to the recent list of well known people. Getting a little ridiculous if you ask me. People...stop dying.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by afoolbyanyothername

I totally agree ...as if they can't possibly accept the fact that things happen in this world without needing a nefarious reason behind it.

Welcome to ATS. lol. Better get used to conspiracies around here.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Deny Ignorance.

That is not an excuse for all the speculation and baseless claims. It is one thing when there is evidence and logic being presented into why it may be the case.

But all I see the majority of time on ATS lately are a bunch of hoaxes and baseless claims. At which point people are not denying ignorance, they are promoting it.

Deny ignorance doesn't mean accepting everything is true. It means being able to seperate fact from fiction. People are just using the deny ignorance and "conspiracy site" as an excuse to promote whatever BS they want.

Plain and simple, it makes the site look like a joke site and no better than the many of other conspiracy sites that I don't visit. And the reason I don't visit those sites is because it's just about peddling ignorance, rather than denying it.

The reason I choose this site out of all the sites out there is because it looked like a place where it's not just a bunch of people patting each other on the back rather than looking at things critically. But that factor seems to be quickly disappearing. Maybe it's from people at the other sites migrating over here or whatever, I don't know. But there is a difference between logical discussion and debate and baseless and wild claims.

Most disappointing about this is that these topics seem to get flagged alot. I don't know by who, but they get flagged like crazy and end up on the front page drawing even more attention to them. All it takes is a few people working together to promote ignorance to do this.

I wish I had a solution, but I don't. Obviously we don't want a bunch of censorship going on and such. But maybe if we start highlighting these kinds of problems and the reason they are a problem we can find a solution.

Evidence, reason, logic and so forth about why something is a conspiracy = good.

Baseless, wild claims with no reason other than something happened = bad.

It will be those baseless and wild claims that end up dooming this site. All that is waiting is for some thing to highlight those topics and paint the entire site as such. Say I dunno, a media outlet. It's been a status quo way of dismissing threats for probably as long as history, and is perhaps a conspiracy in itself the way certain topics get so much attention while valid topics do not as a way of discrediting the entire site.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RCarter

billy was on that plane that had hard landing yesterday, and luggage hit him in the head. is that a conspiracy.?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by RCarter

billy was on that plane that had hard landing yesterday, and luggage hit him in the head. is that a conspiracy.?

I don't know -- perhaps someone should do some investigating into the background of the pilot...maybe he's a freemason or has ties to the "Illuminati"

[edit on 6/29/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Hi spell/
Unfortunately, we the normal people are just that, normal!
And so I agree with your post!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I shall give you my spin on this.

Let's use micheal jackson.
Settled out of court for undisclosed amount of money..for child molesting.
was he guilty? not in a court of law.
But he did pay them to never speak of it again..that to me is GUILTY....

ok but he died...his family wan't to make sure they can milk M.J life work's..music property ect... so they or there kids kids don;t have to work again.

So now you have the M.J was murdered conspiracy..Oh yeah he was set up to molest that little boy to.

It's media hype all done to get M.J music and stuff to sell fast for his family.
They will have the rights to it.
Well his kid's will...But M.J mother is sueing for custody of them....So who get's the money?
His dad and mother does lol

I hope this clear some thing's up.

99% is media hype for a reason.
If you watch closely you can see the BS getting wieved.
and alot fo the people coming up with these M.J thread's are shall i say..work for M.J family or fan club moonwalkers lol
Next M.J will have faked his own death to sell record's like tupaq and elvis did.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Yes it's true! Famous people, when dead, always generate a heap of conspiracies and so on. The thing is it's the normal/unknown people that should be conspiracised. Say I died, who on Earth would come out and say 'Ramadwarf was assassinated' or 'Ramadwarf was an Alien' or 'Ramadwarf is still alive!'? No one! And I'M a conspiracy nut!
I mean I love some of the theories that come out, they're very entertaining and fun to get into! I don't personally care about what people think when I'm gone, I just hope the people on this site will contribute to a thread asking whether I'm an Alien or whether I was killed because I knew too much!
Hehe, how will you know when I'm dead? You see? I'm not going to be on the news (unlikely at least).
Keep on rockin'!

top topics

join