It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Hospitalized Iranians seized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Report: Hospitalized Iranians seized

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Iranians wounded during protests are being seized at hospitals by members of an Islamic militia, an Amnesty International official told CNN. "The Basijis are waiting for them," said Banafsheh Akhlaghi, western regional director of the human rights group, referring to the government's paramilitary arm that has cracked down on protesters during the violent aftermath of the June 12 presidential election.

Amnesty International has collected accounts from people who have left Iran and expatriates with relatives there who say the Basij has prohibited medical professionals from gettin
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is getting ridiculous...

I feel so frustrated as we sit by and watch this all go down.... I realize that we have no right to meddle with other nations affairs. I never ever wanted to go to Iraq, and felt that was a mistake from the beginning...

However, this is so difficult to watch..... As I said, I know we have no right to intervene... but with all this unjust action going on , I feel that SOMEONE should do something... Has the UN even spoke out against this?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I feel that it is not our place to help. I hate to stand by while this is going on and do nothing, but, it is a bit like jumping into a fight to help someone then winding up the bad guy because you did.
I cannot imagine living in such oppression, makes me glad I live in the USA.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Okay, did anyone else notice the most popular stories? 3 on MJ, one on a tall dog and something about that horny governor. This is just why people are stupid and these sorts of atrocities are basically ignored.

Okay, rant over. It would seem something could be done but they really are a nation that has total control over their people and a society that most of us can't grasp. It is heartbreaking to see this stuff, I agree that it is a helpless feeling but there is nothing we can do. If the UN was really worth a thing they would assist people in these situations but they don't. Darfur and Tibet anyone.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
OP nailed it on the head.

I wish we could do something, while at the same time knowing that if the US did, we would be blamed.

The US is in a lose, lose situation across the board.

I fear what will happen in Iraq after the US troops pull out. The world will be crying that we pulled out too soon when bombings begin. If we stay, we have stayed too long.

We need another world power to take responsibility for their regions....China, I'm lookin' at you!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Great post "Hunka" Another beer your way.

Amnesty International is also reporting the detention of at least 70 scholars and eight politicians -- most from former Iranian President Mohammad Khatami's administration -- in addition to several opposition activists and international journalists.

More than two weeks into turmoil, Iran's leaders turned up the heat Friday as a high-ranking cleric warned protesters that they would be punished "firmly" and shown no mercy.

I would also like to add what a hypercrate Obama or to be honest any US adminastration is for acting like they care because as soon as we rise up against the Johnny Nonscence that is happening here they will do the same to us! Great thread

top topics

join