It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethnic or Woman?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, do you think the USA will elect a female president or an african american president first?

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm not touching that with a 10' pole.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If they elect Condoleeza Rice, they'll get both at the same time.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ethnic, more than likely. This country is too damn macho to elect a woman, even though it would probably work out.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Black Male President by 2016.

White Woman President in 2028.

Latin Male or Female President by 2036.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Female presidents are certainly possible.
Both Finland and Japan have already done this(akaik).
The female as of recent history that might stand a
chance would be Hillary Clinton. For a long time
I wondered if Colon Powell would run.
That would seem unlikely now with the way the
Iraqi liberation is going.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Those damn fascists, Florida GOP Cubans, are so ensconched in the machinery of the Republican party, they are going to have to be thrown a bone sooner than later. (Otto Juan Reich is an prime example)
Don't forget Jeb's Brown Babies, especially the son they call Rickey Martin Bush.
The Mexicans have huge numbers and scores of accomplish elected officials throughout CS & the Southwest, Bill Richardson is an excellent prospect on the Dem ticket this year as VP.
Latino's in politics are usually white, thus lessing the racial buy in from white America.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think we'll see a Black male President and a Hispanic male President before we see a female President of any shape or color. I'm just hoping they don't vote her in on the basis of her ability to make cute and homey touches in the White House.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think Maggie Thatcher put the cause of 'women heads of state' back a few centuries.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
i'm going to say a white woman before a black man being president of this country. Hillary Clinton in 2008.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

i'm going to say a white woman before a black man being president of this country. Hillary Clinton in 2008.

What she said.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humpy
Just out of curiosity, do you think the USA will elect a female president or an african american president first?

Haha. Simple answer, no. Not if the consciousness of the American people remains on the same level in the future. I'd go into this season's American idol results, but that might be "stretching it". Well, not really. Most people put as much thought into their American Idol vote as they do into their vote for president.

So, I don't think well have a black or latino president ever. Racism is ingrained in the American collective unconscious. Maybe, just maybe we'll have a female president. Unlikely though.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Neither, in my lifetime. It's not that I don't think that it shouldn't happen, I just don't have any faith in the parties to go out on a limb. They tried a female vice prez. with Ferarro, don't recall how close the election was, but they didn't win.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humpy

Well it seems to me that there currently is much more prejudice towards races then genders so if human stupidity contiunes along like this then we will have a white women in the office first.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So Hillary Clinton for President and good 'ole Billy for VP then!

top topics

join