It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop it!!!! Or Watcher’s tips to make a better world.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

Ok i agree with like 20% of what you say. but what and who are you speaking to?

*shrugs* I was sharing my philosophy on the subject and offered a list of things I think would go towards fixing it. They will be ignored and/or marginalized I know, as you said, most of mankind is happy as they are despite dragging this world into hell with their complacency and constant "I can do no wrong" attitude. But it doesn't mean I should not say it. And once again, I am far from perfect but I am quite aware of where I fail, I am by no means the only one but I am a minority.
And if you would like to I would love to hear what you disagree with and why. I am genuinely curious.

No one likes to hear from some total stranger that they need to change. And most people are happy where they are.

Um, remember where you said the world is messed up? That is more or less reality screaming that we need to change. I can't help it if some don't like hearing the obvious they choose to ignore. Societal problems are every member of the societies fault.

I think before changing action, change inner intent. Then learn. Then if needed change a bit.

No offense here, but, thank you captain obvious.
Did you read the list? But also you are forgetting the nature of the beast. Most cannot believe there is any possibility they have or can do anything wrong, it is always someone else. And as long as there are a large number of those people running around unchecked, this world will never get any better.

But the way you talk is as if we all just got called to the principles office for a lif changing talk.

Um, I think you are confusing your feelings for my intent. I was/am blunt that is very true. But candycoating crap doesn't work and besides not my forte.

No one is really that compliant with others demands on them unless they like being dumb adulent slaves?

I ask again, were you paying attention to what I said? I talk rather extensively about thinking for yourself but more importantly allowing others to think for themselves, heck that is a large chunk of that message touches on. Here's a quote just to show you:

10) Think for yourself and allow others to do the same, even if they disagree with you.

No offense but the whole reason there is war is because two sides keep saying to each other they have to change. No one has to change..
just dont be dingus face to each other. I.E. Get over yourself.

And thank you with this comment confirming my suspision you didn't really pay attention to my post if you read it at all.

I really mean no disrespect so if I come off like that I do aplogise but you show yourself to have paid absolutely no attention to what I was trying to say and instead decided to lambast me for daring to suggest something. You repeat me at several points had I not said anything of the sort.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I just received your U2U.

If you feel the need to condemn me or wish to say anything else concerning my post to your thread please do so in public on this thread.

Have a blessed day.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

No, I wish to respond to your unjust off the cuff with paying atttention one wit to what I was saying condemnation of me. One way or another.

Seeing as to how you lambasted me for one out of context comment and used it as an excuse to say what I said was crap and well I was crap. But I sevrely doubt you will. But I have been suprised before.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Love your OP Watcher, always a pleasure.

I think you have not only outlined how to make the world better, but also make humanity a little more "human". I think we've moved away from our real purpose here on this big blue planet, which is to love and live.

We sure do live, but the love has been sporadic, if not vague lately, and it's nice to see somebody attempting to bring a little bit more of it to the table.

And you were right when you said that those were convinced that their views were right, were wrong. Because truly, nobody knows anything. It's just a bunch of educated guesses based on experiences.

Thanks for the good read, keep it up

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you very much and I do believe as you said we are in complete agreement.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

By the time this is happening, this will be fine because atonement is made through the blood. By then it will be deserved for following Maitreya. You'll see what I mean here very very soon, and it's going to be even worse after this period that I'm talking about so buckle up.

We're living in some very interesting times, the times before the 7 Year Period of the End of Human History and the start of Divine Government by Yeshua and the Lord God Himself in Heaven. Starting the last half of this year which is now, you will begin to see things go down a road they should not go. The Hebrew Year of 2010 starts in September of this year. Remember they are speaking about these time periods not Gregorian on a Biblical 360 day cycle minus five days out of the Gregorian.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

That's nice. Like I said, I respectfully disagree.
We can wait for someone else to save us in which case we may wait forever as didn't your messiah say that no man knows the hour of his return? I am pretty sure he did, but I digress. Or, we can stop using excuses and work towards stopping us from allowing ourselves to make this world into hell.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes

By the time this is happening, this will be fine because atonement is made through the blood. By then it will be deserved for following Maitreya. You'll see what I mean here very very soon, and it's going to be even worse after this period that I'm talking about so buckle up.

In regards to this statement, you my friend do not know that this will happen. Belief and truth are two different things. Now I am not saying you are wrong, am I am not saying that your belief is not warranted, but to state it as fact, is a bit....absent minded.

It's funny how religious folk will believe extravagant stories that are 3000 years old, but won't for a minute consider another possiblity for why things are the way they are. Strange isn't it?

We're living in some very interesting times, the times before the 7 Year Period of the End of Human History and the start of Divine Government by Yeshua and the Lord God Himself in Heaven. Starting the last half of this year which is now, you will begin to see things go down a road they should not go. The Hebrew Year of 2010 starts in September of this year. Remember they are speaking about these time periods not Gregorian on a Biblical 360 day cycle minus five days out of the Gregorian.

Now this is also interesting, for people have been saying this for decades. When I was growing up, the Korean War was the 7 years of tribulation, and then Iraq was in the 80's, and then the 90's, were the same thing. And now again in 2009 we see the same warnings and harsh rhetoric.

Again, you are not wrong, I respect your beliefs and pray that they do not ever come to fruition. But in my experiences with the Bible and religous study, I always found that the people who created these things, always left the possibility of something else happening. Something, not as they say.

I simply invite you to leave a portion of your mind open to alternative theories about these sorts of things. Blind faith is a powerful tool that has been misused abundantly over the last couple of millenia. I hope nobody else has to fall victim to it. It has the power to destroy people, nations and perhaps even the world.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Star and Flag for you my friend! Great thread! These are all things that we should try to put into our own lives and live by. I personally try to, sometimes steering of course, but always trying to live these ways. It is hard sometimes, especially with some people and situations that we face in this time and place, yet if we follow these things our lifes can be so much better. Thanks again for the thread Watcher-In-The-Shadows and bringing others aware to things that should be important to us.

Zetetic_of_Truth

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Love your OP Watcher, always a pleasure.

I think you have not only outlined how to make the world better, but also make humanity a little more "human". I think we've moved away from our real purpose here on this big blue planet, which is to love and live.

We sure do live, but the love has been sporadic, if not vague lately, and it's nice to see somebody attempting to bring a little bit more of it to the table.

And you were right when you said that those were convinced that their views were right, were wrong. Because truly, nobody knows anything. It's just a bunch of educated guesses based on experiences.

Thanks for the good read, keep it up

~Keeper

Yes, you also hit it on the nose tothetenthpower! Love is the #1 most important thing in the universe. We must live with love and treat all with love, no matter how hard it is or seems. Love is something that has not been on the top of peoples agendas and has not been out there as much as it should be. Love all and live your lives with love!

Zetetic_of_Truth

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Just a little side note. Since we are moving a little off topic.
You know, there could be a lake of fire in my future eternity. I fully admit that possibility, though I do place it at a very big long shot possibility obviously. My perception and understanding tell me that the only reason people say stuff like that is to attempt to scare others into submitting to their beliefs and in no small degree control. I do not and cannot until I receive some very tangible proof otherwise accept the idea that whatever being that is out there is a judgmental prick that can and will condemn those it claims to love. Christianity as it is embodied today flies into the face in my opinion the very *I guess you can say* order of the universe in which we are given a choice and given a mind. Why make them if we are meant to forgo their use, believe wholeheartedly what some else tells us despite others saying other equally unprovable things or face damnation? I mean, honestly, I do respect your belief but nothing in my life or my experience backs up your beliefs. It could be my failing, it could be that your devil has control of me. But, I am being honest as to how I see it and I will not simply bow down to something simply because I am told to or else, I believe that cheapens things if I just play lip service because I was told to. And I will not do that.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I asked that you not U2U me again. You did it again You have some basic sound ideas that I have no argument with.

My argument is where do you get your information to state that you know God is not going to save us? It's a simple question.

You would come across in a much better light if you would temper your words with more compassion for your fellow man.

As it is I feel anger and frustration in your words.

I refuse to fight and argue with you. If you continue to badger me with your U2U's I will report you to the staff.

By the way......I could not understand your last U2U. It was rather incoherent.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes

It's true, we are on a road to war, destruction, and a final end. As God had said. But even if God had a hands off approach, we would still be on that road because that is the nature of man. Love, to most of the world is like this.. "I love you because you think like me.." As long as things go the way we like, we have love, but when they don't we have war. Since I believe
in God, Salvation through Christ, I, like watchtheashes, am convinced these are the last days. The only thing that matters are the believers and the unbelievers as we race to the brink of the last day when the last and final person has been saved and the end comes of this age.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I too believe in salvation through Christ.

I also feel as you do that our days are coming to an end.

For years I thought I would be filled with fear as this day comes. What I feel is a quiet peace and relief.

There is coming a time I will stand strong in my beliefs and my earthly body will be destroyed. I will then stand with the saints at
the feet of my Lord Jesus.

I consider it an honor to die for my fellow man and my faith.

Every head will bow and every knee shall bend in worship to our God.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Firstly, why not report me now and stop with the threatening? Or maybe it's because you're acting like a self rightous troll who is only really bothered by the fact I do not bow down to your beliefs and know it? Also have you ever heard of the words passive aggressive? I think they might find your picture with the definition from what I am seeing thus far. And hostility and anger from me? Have you read your first post ma'am? You might wish to turn that little microscope a little more of on yourself. It might actually help you become more like the being you pay little more than lipservice to as far as I can see. You know, actually attempt to be "Christ-like" not just pretend to believe his teachings.

Your response was because I was saying that I did not think any god will save us. Or aliens or any other silly concept or thing for that matter. You called me unenlightened and said my advice is worthless *despite not being able to argue with it on any other level*. Hate to tell you I will cannot and will not bow down to your beliefs because you believe them. I can and will respect someone else's beliefs but you must give respect to get respect and you have not given any what so ever.

It's also worth noting I explained my stance on that, but I will repeat it for you *not that I think I am doing anything but wasting my time*. I think that the belief that a God, or gods, ideologies, books, the advance of science, aliens or anything will step in and intervene to save us from ourselves is a cop out *amongst other things* and an excuse not to strive to become better to become better than we are by putting it solely into the hands of a force that thus far has not acted already.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Firstly, why not report me now and stop with the threatening?

she's not threatening Watcher - she asked you politely - in public - earlier on:

"I just received your U2U. If you feel the need to condemn me or wish to say anything else concerning my post to your thread please do so in public on this thread. Have a blessed day."

Or maybe it's because you're acting like a self rightous troll who is only really bothered by the fact I do not bow down to your beliefs and know it?

did you really just call dizziedame a self righteous troll?

:-)

friom her latest post:
"As it is I feel anger and frustration in your words. I refuse to fight and argue with you. If you continue to badger me with your U2U's I will report you to the staff. "

now she is - very politely - warning you

pay attention - just a friendly heads up

[edit on 6/29/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Spira, I will put this as nice I can. Firstly this is none of your buisness. Secondly you don't know why I said that. Just because you cast what she says in a better light does not mean it is so.
She felt like lambasting me because I don't think the idea that anything is going to save us from ourselves. So sorry she doesn't like that I believe that but it did not warrent an attack on her part. No rule said she had to respond.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

thought better of something - and so, have edited this - somewhat:

all she did was call you on something - not that big a deal really - you over reacted

I could see you weren't seeing something - something important - something that might get you in a bit of trouble

let me say something that might keep all this on topic - if you're going to write an OP telling people how to behave - and part of that diatribe is about tolerating opinions that are different from your own - it would help if you could follow your own advice past page one

however - in the end I realize - not really my affair - you're right

you're going to behave how you behave

also - might as well say this now - please don't U2U me either - that's about enough of that I think

[edit on 7/1/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Once again you are NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO WORD ONE I HAVE SAID and are only seeking to self rightously lynch me. All you can do is cast constant insults and pretend I said things I have not with a constant "you are just doing this and this and this". So sorry I had an opinion and the gall to state it as to how this world might be saved.
Argh, I shall drop this....... But I will thank both of you particularly dizzie for providing an excellent example of one of the problems that keeps us from achieving any sort of peace in this day and age. And I will be specific in exactly what I mean by that.
1) People taking a contrary opinion as an attack on their own and reacting accordingly. Even despite a stated respect for but disagreement with that opinion.
2) Collectivism and the thought that because you are part of the same group or even just like someone they can do no wrong. Often twisting whatever they do into the best light regardless of the fact we all have our flaws and failings. It should also be noted that those percieved to be different often have things twisted in the opposite direction.
3) Deciding that something says something and ignoring things like context, obvious statements to the contrary, etc. And attacking accordingly.
Either way, I don't have even the smallest of illusion either of you will listen to what I have to say but that will not stop me speaking my mind. Enjoy waiting for someone else save you from yourself. Hopefully the world will move past all of that though.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

... the problems that keeps us from achieving any sort of peace in this day and age. And I will be specific in exactly what I mean by that.

1) People taking a contrary opinion as an attack on their own and reacting accordingly. Even despite a stated respect for but disagreement with that opinion.

2) Collectivism and the thought that because you are part of the same group or even just like someone they can do no wrong. Often twisting whatever they do into the best light regardless of the fact we all have our flaws and failings. It should also be noted that those percieved to be different often have things twisted in the opposite direction.

3) Deciding that something says something and ignoring things like context, obvious statements to the contrary, etc. And attacking accordingly.

some brilliant points Watcher

I'm going to have to go and think about these for a while...

let's be done with this then -

:-)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join