It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop it!!!! Or Watcher’s tips to make a better world.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just figured I’d share a little of my philosophy and world view as to how we can make this a better world. It has been said that to change the world you must first change yourself. This is very true I think. I tend to be very observant when *I want to* see and I see any number of common failings that feed into the bullcrap that will and has been screwing up our world and making any sort of peaceful world nothing more than a impossible dream. If this post ticks you off just maybe you’re part of the problem. I don’t pretend to be perfect, nor do I think it’s even possible, but, I am trying.
1) YOU, yes YOU can be wrong.
Your thoughts/beliefs/actions/words/whatever can in fact not be correct. I don’t care how right you think you are, history is full of people that thought with great conviction that they were right and thought they had ample evidence to prove their “rightness”. Why do you have any good reason to think that you are any different? It does not reflect badly on you, does not make you stupid. The ability to allow for and if need be admit the possibility we can be incorrect shows great strength of character and is by and large an admission that you are in fact human and thusly fallible. *gasp* I know, scary thought huh? But being human is hardly a crime and being wrong is not the end of the world, seeing as to how we all are, despite great pains taken by some to pretend they are something more.
2) You are an individual NOT a label.
Stop pretending arbitrary titles and group names define you completely. You are not completely like every member of a particular distinction you identify yourself with I hate to tell you. You can aspire to be exactly like everyone else that carries your favorite label but you will only signing yourself up for constant BS. Much like we see strewn throughout history. We are all human, get over it and be yourself. And allow others to do the same without any bull crap from you.
3) Consensus does not equal correct.
This is a common failing I have noticed. All that I said in number 1 applies here as well. Groups are made up of a collection of individuals and if each element of said group has the capability to be fallible where does that land the consensus of said group? Peer review means for pot, as does democracy, neither are transcendent of the human beings that make up the group and is just as suspect as the individuals that make up the group. In short, the world could get together and agree that ice cream is the basis of all matter, doesn’t make it true. Stop pretending otherwise. You AND your group contain within the ability to be incorrect. Regardless of whatever other distinctions you may choose to pretend is significant *PhDs, position in a clergy, whatever* a fool can just as easily have those same distinctions. Nothing is foolproof.
4) Treat others as you yourself would like to be treated.
This is a very true, very old and very ignored adage. If you want to be treated a certain way you, you should treat others that certain way. Would you like to ridiculed/belittled/insulted/assaulted/etc because you disagree/are different with/from someone else? Most likely not, no matter what you may say while reading this, no one does when it is happening to them. And no, being different/disagreeing is not a personal affront against you. Everyone’s crap stinks to someone.
5) You are not the center of the universe.
Yes, you are the center of your universe, but to the rest of us you are simply nothing more than extra most of the time. Sure, some people will shove you fairly close to their center but that is not all of us and no name echoes through the ages, everyone that has ever existed will most likely be eventually forgotten, no matter how “famous” or “infamous” they maybe now. That includes you. Also, not every action that might inconvience you or disagreement with you is aimed specifically as an attack on you. Most of us are hardly aware you exist, if aware of you at all. Basically, get over yourself.
6) Concentrate less blaming everyone else for problems and more on fixing the problem.
The human predisposition towards scapegoating is well documented throughout history and has never truly fixed any problem. What it has done is allow people to pretend they are addressing the problem when all they are really doing is making the problem worse and creating a air of false infallibility that will only cause more problems in the future. Also, complex events, very seldom have a very easy source to blame, particularly human events.
7) Sounding correct and being correct are not the same thing.
It seems to be a very common sentiment amongst a great many that if you win an argument, you are in fact correct about whatever the argument was about. This is wrong. Sure, it may make you feel like you are correct but it does nothing but provide you with an illusion. It should also be noted, that words are subjective and your personal *or group provided* definition is not universal.
8) Analyze yourself as much as you analyze others.
Too many people go through life with a great big microscope on certain other people as if they themselves are completely blameless of any possible wrong doing. All the while missing the fact they often behave like those they condemn.
9) You are not better than anyone else, just different.
This feeds into numbers 1 and 5 particularly.
10) Think for yourself and allow others to do the same, even if they disagree with you.
11) Very little is just black and white.
In fact things aren't. Only by missing things *limited thinking* is the dualistic view taken.
More to come if most likely, but that’s all I can think of right now.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Okay buddy but when Maitreya is speaking to your mind on TV one day and aliens are with him you'll think differently. It's the Anti-Christ though not the real guy and that guy that will be with him who looks like Jesus in the paintings is not Him. He will come on the clouds to defeat the Anti-Christ.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

While I respect your beliefs, you are pushing it. No big daddy in the sky will save us. Hate to tell you.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Why don't you apply all that you say of the "anti-christ" and it's religion to your own?

Christianity:

Religion in the name of Christ? Check.

Appealed to political powers? Check.

Proceeded to kill, torture or both to anyone who disagreed and didn't go along with them? Check.

Won't be happy until they are the one world religion? Check.

Among the most powerful people in the world? Check.

Gains this power before the return? Check.

Persecuted always? Nope, instead they are the ones who have been the persecutors.

And you just point the fingers at others as a way of avoiding these already provable facts, in favor of baseless claims.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Its a shame someone try to derail your thread right at the start.
But they demonstrated many of the items listed.

I generally apply all of those to my life and I would like to add one.

12) Be honest with yourself and others.
So many people lie to themselves and live in a fantasy land, living their lies in their minds.
Honesty with others make life simpler for everyone.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

honest with yourself and others. So many people lie to themselves and live in a fantasy land, living their lies in their minds. Honesty with others make life simpler for everyone.

This is all I talk about for a big reason, and if I need to smite you later then it shall be so. If you think I'm kidding when Maitreya arrives with the UFO phenomenon culprits the fallen angels and Nephilim, you'll think twice about ignoring my warnings. Or maybe three times. Or however many times it takes until you get the message.

I'm not a part of the religion of Christianity. I simply follow the laws of Moses and the Laws of Yeshua, so both Testaments.

Religion divides people. Are you willing to die for what you believe in? I don't think so. And there is no life after death like the Church claims. It is a place we sleep until Judgment without consciousness in our soul. They just say that so people believe the lie of once saved always safe.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I have a question for you though:

Do you believe the world we live in is an result of an Co-Creation, and if so, do you believe the Maya Calendar that ends october 28th 2011 is that time where the 'transition' ends and we are stuck with what we co-created during the times 1998 I think to 2011 ??

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Wasnt it Yawhe who sayd : lets divide thier language so they will not speak to eachother? maybe they made seperated religions too, to keep the flame going. Im thinking Enki and Enlil are still at it, only we are still doing their fighting.

Enki and Enlil became not good friends at the end, and if so, Enlil gets known as Allah in the counter religion.
Enlil and Allah are both connected to the moon.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Go back and read your original post and apply it to yourself.

Tell me, what qualifies you to make the statement that there is no big daddy in the sky that is going to save us? What makes you believe what you said is the truth and why would you make such a statement if you followed your own advice?

Thanks but no thanks for your advice. Please don't ask others to follow you if you do not adhere to your own teachings.

I know you mean well but you need a bit more enlightenment.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Doesn't really matter what I believe. But since you asked, I think the Mayans were human too and thusly falliable as well. So it could be anyone's guess as to whether or not that date is a date in which something will happen.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Since when did I claim to be perfect? In fact, I said plainly quite the opposite thank you very much. But I must admit the excuse you found which to reject and then accept my premise *at the end* is amusing.

And I thought that naturally *erronously apparently* that statement should have been obviously known as my opinion. If you look at what I typed beyond getting offended and obviously reading with the purpose of finding reasons to call yourself better than I.

Oh, IN MY OPINION *there you go I said it this time* enlightenment is another BS term for perfection and I believe I stated my disbelief in that being possible.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

Oh, I expected it.

Thank you for answer you pose a good point.
But what is truth and what is fact is almost never completely clear. I did think about that one. It's really all a matter of perspective in the end, what one accepts as truth.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

and if I need to smite you later then it shall be so

Smite - to deliver or deal (a blow, hit, etc.) by striking hard.

13) Avoid people who follow the laws of Moses and the Laws of Yeshua.
Otherwise you might be threatened with violence.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Forgot to reply that I agreed with the OP basically 100%. Although that is probably not a surprise to anyone who's read much of what I type. You got one of my rare S&F's.

[edit on 6/27/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
addition to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Just to further clarify my views, nothing is going to save us from ourselves not books, not science, not a god, not multiple gods, not aliens, not some date on a map. Nothing external to us will save us, we are broken I think, but nothing is going to fix that but us. The steps I outlined above is the best course I can see to do that. Not accepting blindly and aping or bending ANY ideology, religion or whatever.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I am honored. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I really like your ideas, they come against the ego which is the downfall of most everyone. l used to be one of those people that just knew that I was right and my ideas were the only ones that could be right, WRONG! Only when we stop preaching to the choir can we open ourselves to information that can transform our views and ultimately our lives.

Gotta love the xian smiters don't ya! It is people like YOU that give Jesus a bad name, I really think the term christian should be done away with since most of them do nothing but act in complete opposition to the love that Jesus taught. Funny, the only people Jesus railed on were the religious ones that ran around smiting or wanting to smite everyone.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

I dislike the "smiters" of any group. Self rightousness has never ended any conflict and in fact has only ever given birth to them. No matter the excuses the person use to get there *like Christianity*. And they ALWAYS have to blame everyone else for the conflicts they create.....

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
addition to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

12) At the very least accept differences.
Whether it be a differing in opinions and beliefs *same thing*, cultural background or national background, racial, you name it. Accept a person for themselves and value that which makes them different than you, it's a perfect way to better understand the world to have input from a perception different than your own. And if you really want to go for the gusto EMBRACE differences. That is how we are strong as a whole, that is what makes life interesting, not in how we are the same but in how we are different.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Ok i agree with like 20% of what you say. but what and who are you speaking to? I mean its bad enough the world is so messed up. No one likes to hear from some total stranger that they need to change. And most people are happy where they are. I think before changing action, change inner intent. Then learn. Then if needed change a bit. But the way you talk is as if we all just got called to the principles office for a lif changing talk. No one is really that compliant with others demands on them unless they like being dumb adulent slaves? No offense but the whole reason there is war is because two sides keep saying to each other they have to change. No one has to change..
just dont be dingus face to each other. I.E. Get over yourself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join