It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colour On The Forums

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Can we get some colour on this site? It's too grey and miserable....

How about some Green, Yellow and Blue?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
What site are you referring to? Surely not this one? As I type this I see the colors you asked for, Green Yellow and Blue.

Want even more color? Check out recent posts, it's like a physicadelic rainbow, but one that breaks up all the recent posts by forum and corresponding color.

Or maybe check out this Color Blindness Test
Just kidding!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
There are two available color schemes for viewing ATS. "light" & "dark"

To switch between the two, simply use the "go light"or "go dark" link directly below "HOME" in the menu on each page.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Um, hate to break it to you, but white and black (and grey) are not colors, they are tones.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yes, i have clicked that thing and the only colours available are dark or light grey.... what sort of choice is that?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I like them. Any other colors would be distracting. You're the only one who sees it like that, anyway. It's not like Myspace where someone looks at your profile page and all the formatting is personalized.

It looks professional.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hey.....

I just saw a small flash of color. Not joking either.
S.O. may be working his magic

[edit on 27-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If ATS becomes rainbow, I'll be very disappointed. lol

We could make it my school colors for my graduation tonight...

Hmm.. what other colors would be good? How about pink and purple. All the ladies would love it minus myself.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I agree that this website can be too grey. I don't mind it really, but I think a better choice than light grey or dark grey would be a clean white or blue color scheme. I know other forums I go to have like 5 different color schemes with different banners to match.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think the darker colours are easier on the eyes if your on the site for any length of time.

2nd line

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Darker pages conserve energy. Just look at Blackle.

www.blackle.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Dark & Grey on a website is very drab and can make one depressed even....

I know why it is those colours.... to try and add the effect of a dark place to dark topics but as i said it looks too plain and depressing at the same time....

[edit on 27-6-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

That's why I always go light Personalizing our profile page would be nice, like adding a background, similar to myspace. maybe it takes up too much ram though.

Another idea would be to allow the poster of each thread to chose a color or backgroung appropriate to the content of the article.

ATS is already very excellent and high tech, colors would be nice, as well. Do we get to vote?? We can just rule out dark purple, then again if we have black colors were would also need to change the font colors.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Not to scare anyone off but here is my color.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Black and purple would be awesome!!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Y'know, looking at your avatar, I dunno how anyone could ever get angry with you. Ever.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Um, hate to break it to you, but white and black (and grey) are not colors, they are tones.

Not only ATS needs more color schemes, it also needs a more modern look. ATS scheme is rather bland to my taste. It's not bad, perhaps so it'll be easier to the eyes, but it's certainly not cool.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
To be fair, this is one of the better looking forums I've used.

In any circumstance, functionality over appearance. Thankfully this site has great functionality.

If you want some trendy, hXc and hip-to-the-core stuff, why not go to a Jonas Brothers fansite or something?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
To be fair, this is one of the better looking forums I've used.

In any circumstance, functionality over appearance. Thankfully this site has great functionality.

If you want some trendy, hXc and hip-to-the-core stuff, why not go to a Jonas Brothers fansite or something?

I don't want to go to a fan site.... i just want a bit of colour!!!!

Can't be to hard to add to the html code!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Yes that's right we learned that in art class. Black and white are not colors they are the absence of color. Weird isnt it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join