It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mixed Iraqi Reaction to Bush "Apology"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
MA, the humor was quite nice, and as a matter of fact, quite needed in this thread, but seriously, I haven't heard so much as a peep out of the Arab world that resembles an apology in reference to any atrocity commited by their people, have you?

Only personally, from Arabic friends who are ashamed and not participating in any Jihad, and who say that this does not reflect their views of diplomacy or the value of human life.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That is very good, MA, and I appreciate their sentiment. Too bad some of their leaders wouldn't step up to the plate and do the same as it does appear that this action is condoned by the leaders as well as the majority of the people in the Arabic world. Afew jerks, idiots and evil idiots in the military do not reflect the majority of Americans.

On a side note, speaking of reflection, I'd like to rip that Spec-4's throat out. You know the one, you can see him on Foxnews.com. The first to be brought up on courts martial, the MP who had his picture taken in front of the flag with his sunglasses on, a 5 o'clock shadow and his hat on crooked. Just one of many that will be brought up on charges, that have disgraced the MP corps.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
www.truthout.org...

ooooh, It looks like like more than a few.

This is only the beginning.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Ashley

Linky no worky, me fixy (you had a space between your slashes)...

www.truthout.org...

If you want to read the end first:

Every reason to go to Iraq has failed to retain even a semblance of credibility. Every bit of propaganda Osama bin Laden served up to the Muslim world for why America should be attacked and destroyed has been given credibility by what has taken place in Iraq. Victory in this "War on Terror," a propaganda war from the beginning, has been given to the September 11 attackers by the hand of George W. Bush, and by the hand of those who enabled his incomprehensible blundering.

The war is lost.

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
There is a puppet on Fox News complaining about cultural sensitivity regarding Fallujah, predating the burning, dismemberment and public display of contractors. He also says that the bombing that commenced at 6.30am on Christmas Day was rather insensitive, and that there has not been an apology from Arab leaders for that.

How long does this tit for tat and politicization of an unsanctioned and illegal occupation go on?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
to TC..
youre a patriot.
-so am i. i love what America originally stood for....

how can you talk about 'liberal media' and its faults, without checking your own media sources. sure, flame me to death. talk about how im brainwashed....bla
against aparent popular opinion, i must agree with ashley;
>> some saudis hiding in afghani caves, train in florida, and attack new york..... sooo retaliate by attacking iraq?
the same iraq that was last attacked by father bush? the same bush whose family name was built on OIL, before the politics?

weird

i for one, do not know what to believe. but from what i can see, some american soldiers sodomized, humiliated, tortured, and beat to death, Iraqi POWs.

thats wrong.. theres no justification...stop rationalizing.
those people, their families, and anyone with ties to them (most of the arab world) deserves an apology.

and were supposed to be LIBERATORS?!?!?!?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost
to TC..
youre a patriot.
-so am i. i love what America originally stood for....

how can you talk about 'liberal media' and its faults, without checking your own media sources. sure, flame me to death. talk about how im brainwashed....bla
against aparent popular opinion, i must agree with ashley;
>> some saudis hiding in afghani caves, train in florida, and attack new york..... sooo retaliate by attacking iraq?
the same iraq that was last attacked by father bush? the same bush whose family name was built on OIL, before the politics?

weird

i for one, do not know what to believe. but from what i can see, some american soldiers sodomized, humiliated, tortured, and beat to death, Iraqi POWs.

thats wrong.. theres no justification...stop rationalizing.
those people, their families, and anyone with ties to them (most of the arab world) deserves an apology.

and were supposed to be LIBERATORS?!?!?!?

Guy, it happened, it was wrong. What can be said but "# Happens".

No one really knows what the deal is with the pictures other than Democratic conjecture.

You can't control the sickness in the human heart, and most of the time it is hard to notice until it happens.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
colombia.indymedia.org...

Jethro, you are missing the point. This didn't just happen.

And its happening to people who's only crime is defending their country from invading American troops. Unless living over oil rich land and being non-christian is now a crime.

If another country invaded the U.S. and started raping young boys, gang raping women, killing everything in sight(men,women,children) would you say "stuff happens".

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
What concerns me the most about any discussion of previous Iraqi wrong doings as justification for the abuse at Abu Ghraib is the fact that many of these people were simply Iraqi citizens caught up in wide spread arrests. Coalition forces tortured and killed innocent people and left their bodies to rot. Many were even left off of prisoner lists after diing in prison. Brutal and reprehensible.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
colombia.indymedia.org...

Jethro, you are missing the point. This didn't just happen.

I don't know where this article is from exactly (considering the text outside the article are in Spanish - which is pretty telling), but it's conjecture more often than not. Somehow the connection between outsourcing torture by Bush (should it be true), it still leaves the fact that the unnamed "diplomat" who backs up the story is saying that we could NOT do this sort of thing legally. Where's the logic? Bush says outsource torture because we can't do it (should that be true), and somehow that says that Bush told troops to torture them ourselves. He must have been tired of paying those damn high airline prices.

And its happening to people who's only crime is defending their country from invading American troops. Unless living over oil rich land and being non-Christian is now a crime.

It must be nice to think that everyone is so damn innocent. You almost make them sound noble and just while we are a bunch of drooling savages. That is hardly the picture of truth in this situation.

If another country invaded the U.S. and started raping young boys, gang raping women, killing everything in sight(men,women,children) would you say "stuff happens".

This is almost laughable, well, if I didn't know you were serious. Let's take the "killing everything in sight" comment first. There are approx. 24.6 MILLION people in Iraq as of July 2003. It seems insane to kill that many people, as we are all over the country and poised to "kill them all" should the word come down, which it won't. In addition, do you really think Bush would slay hundreds of thousands (being a reasonable number for what you attest to) in an election year, while under international scrutiny and failing numbers in the US? I mean #, he may be dumb, but not that dumb.

As fort the "gang-bangs" and "boy raping" you like to apply to the troops like mayonnaise, I say that you are not only being alarmist and exaggerating, but just plain insane. Can you not see past the hate for Bush that drives this insane propagation of rumors and lies? Being blinded by emotion is a perfect way to turn off your brain.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Outsourcing torture is exactly what is happening. Thats why the prisoners are called enemy combatants and not P.O.W.s Also i'm sure the fact that there has to be a war in order to have P.O.W.s from it. I dont think an invasion constitutes a war.
Also contractors are exempt from geneva convention laws, wich is why we are using them. That is also why they are called contractors and not mercenaries, mercenaries are illegal. Not that that matters, this whole mess is illegal.

The administration is acting like a bunch of savages, drooling over oil. The soldiers are just doing the work except for the ones sending pictures out. They are the real soldiers, fighting this bullsheet war against the administrations oil- colored glasses.

Your right. Of course they cant kill 24 million people. Thats why they are getting their ass kicked over there. Its a cat and mouse game. A spending game too. Those 24 million could wipe out the U.S. army whenever they want to. They just want to watch the U.S. army go broke first.

You are funny though,forever the optimist. A good little soldier too, but i think its time you opened your eyes and took off the blue dress.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
Outsourcing torture is exactly what is happening. Thats why the prisoners are called enemy combatants and not P.O.W.s Also i'm sure the fact that there has to be a war in order to have P.O.W.s from it. I dont think an invasion constitutes a war.

Perhaps it is happening. POWs and enemy combatants are the same thing. Quit with the semantics. It provides nothing.

Also contractors are exempt from geneva convention laws, wich is why we are using them. That is also why they are called contractors and not mercenaries, mercenaries are illegal. Not that that matters, this whole mess is illegal.

Contractors are just that, contractors. Did they bring in their own security? Yes. I'm not sure if they are bound by the Geneva Convention, but they are held by U.S. law. There is nothing illegal about security. Show me what is so illegal about the "whole mess"

The administration is acting like a bunch of savages, drooling over oil. The soldiers are just doing the work except for the ones sending pictures out. They are the real soldiers, fighting this bullsheet war against the administrations oil- colored glasses.

Again I think you are confussed. Considering we have lower gas prices than most of the world, and we have not gotten a drop of oil from Iraq in 12 years, I doubt they are drooling over anything. If anything, this was for economic security in that we want the oil to be sold (not to us) in U.S. dollars rather than Euros. We don't need this oil for ourselves, and probably won't take much either (aside from payment for the war).

Your right. Of course they cant kill 24 million people. Thats why they are getting their ass kicked over there. Its a cat and mouse game. A spending game too. Those 24 million could wipe out the U.S. army whenever they want to. They just want to watch the U.S. army go broke first.

You are taking a complicated situation with many groups and ideas, and lumping them together much like a child would. These blanket statements defy logic.

You are funny though,forever the optimist. A good little soldier too, but i think its time you opened your eyes and took off the blue dress.

My eyes are open. Open from experience and knowledge. Even if you don't trust Bush, one thing you can trust, is that they want to stay in power. The way to do that is NOT to do something insane or criminal.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join