It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One world gov't ... why bad?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Right haven't read through all the posts so excuse me if I neglect what anyones said.

Right, for starters, each country has a different culture and many sub-cultures. A world government would be madness in this day and age. If, and this is a big if, cultures all Westernise (Since I'd presume it would based from the Western world) then perhaps, but every country has different social norms. Imagine the American and British government merging, what kind of affect would this have on the UK?

Again apologise if I've repeated what anyone's said or neglected some information, the above's just my two pennies.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Fair points
Just read through my last few posts on how a NWO would probably work
thanks

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyCool21
Right haven't read through all the posts so excuse me if I neglect what anyones said.

Right, for starters, each country has a different culture and many sub-cultures. A world government would be madness in this day and age. If, and this is a big if, cultures all Westernise (Since I'd presume it would based from the Western world) then perhaps, but every country has different social norms. Imagine the American and British government merging, what kind of affect would this have on the UK?

Again apologise if I've repeated what anyone's said or neglected some information, the above's just my two pennies.

How can a goverment (no doubt controlled by the west) cater for everyones needs.
although it looks to me as though the uk and the usa have already merged.
At the moment in the uk when local schools or healthcare is underfunded, the local council blame the government for not giving them enough money. then government blames the local council for not budgetting properley. all it they do is blame each other all the time so nothing gets done.
on a world scale there will be so much more red tape and blame shifting, i can't see how it will be effective.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by no_name

The UK has far more in common geographically, economically and politically with Europe.
About the only thing we have in similarity with the US is our language.

A single governement in Europe is inevitable if the EU constitution is passed. That's what all of the hubbub over here at the moment is all about. Europe wants total central control of defence, taxes, pensions, work time directives, immigration and policing. The EU already controls most aspects of these anyway but now it's striving to take away nearly all control from our elected governments. Westminster's powers have slowly been eroded over the past 30 years to get to this point.

As Europe expands (10 new members this month, who knows how many in 20 year's time?) the EU central government will reshape and reform into a different being. The expansion will continue. Asiatic states are already being absorbed and the EU's boundaries extending. Eventually, it will spread further Eastwards and incorporate Russia and probably some of the friendlier Middle Eastern states. At this stage it will cease to be the EU as it will become a global NWO - it's already crossed continental boundaries with Turkey becoming a member.

Whether the US will become a member is open to question. But once you have 30 or 40 countries in the system, it's going to become harder and harder to resist joining. Economically, the new system will have a stranglehold over the world economy. It's output and resources will be huge. If it manages to stretch as far as the Middle East, it will also control the oil.

The NWO is a European concept and it is already growing.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If the NWO is to succeed, the words of Albert Pike have to be taken seriously.
The global government is a great concept, in a Utopian sort of way, but is it Utopia that the NWO is trying to create.
Obviously, Utopia may vary for different cultures and faiths, but the NWO (IMO) does not stand for cultural freedom. Albert Pike believes that in order for the NWO to succeed, 3 World Wars have to take place, see link above.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think anyway we look at it we can boil it down to pretty much two points:

1) The NWO is, in theory, a good idea becuase it would eliminate war against other countries and would mean more cooperation thus advancing the human race as a whole.

b) The NWO could never work becuase the rulers of the world gov't would only serve themselves and the super-elite. The world would regress into a state of feudalism, and Humankind would be made to forever serve the elite.

So, I think that the NWO is a good idea but it would be very hard to make society like that succeed and rule with fairness for everyone.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I see a world government working as more of a very strong alliance with elements seen in federal systems such as the U.S.

It would act solely as a unifying force in the world adressing issues that are too global for individual countries to deal with. For example global warming, or space exploration.

It would not manage the lives of individual people, or deal with low politics such as police, or healthcare. This would ensure that we son't see a huge leviathan world government dictating and controling peoples lives thousands of miles away. Combined with a clear constitution and set of unalterable rights we could have a totaly new way of doing things on earth, and a true global peace.

Imagine if we had no real state divisions anymore, war would no longer be an option because we would all essensialy believe in the same ideals, freedom, democracy, and justice. The trillions we spend on weapons could be channelled into massive development of the thrid world, and education to give everyone a chance to succeed for themselves. I can only imagine how many potential Eienstiens we loose every day because people have to worry more about fighting wars and surviving than what dreams they have.

Of course we would still have social problems, crime, and who knows what else, essentialy it wont change human nature and it won't create a untopia. Im also sure that such a proposition would be hard and maybe even take decades to hammer out, but at this point in history where we face a growing number of problems all over ther world we stand a better chance of saving humanity by working together.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
straight off there is a dark side to the NWO,
but to focus on the positives a world monitary unit would do more to promote peace and well being than anything else. An Example:
After WWII Germany had runaway inflation, it was so bad that employers had to pay, before work so people could buy food before work, after work it might be practically wothless, To end this the U.S. backed the German Mark with the US dollar.
The day we did this, is the day many Germans considered the war to be over.
The value of a stabilized world economy cannot be overstated,millions still starve to death worldwide annually.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

I dont know about that...

I just dont see why everyone is so bloody convinced the NWO is for the elitist rulers!! There's no HARD evidence FOR a NWO of ANY FORM let alone one of a 'feudal system'! Stop being so paranoid, the rich arent out to get you!

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   

The UK has far more in common geographically, economically and politically with Europe.

A single governement in Europe is inevitable if the EU constitution is passed. That's what all of the hubbub over here at the moment is all about. Europe wants total central control of defence, taxes, pensions, work time directives, immigration and policing. The EU already controls most aspects of these anyway but now it's striving to take away nearly all control from our elected governments. Westminster's powers have slowly been eroded over the past 30 years to get to this point.

As Europe expands (10 new members this month, who knows how many in 20 year's time?) the EU central government will reshape and reform into a different being. The expansion will continue. Asiatic states are already being absorbed and the EU's boundaries extending. Eventually, it will spread further Eastwards and incorporate Russia and probably some of the friendlier Middle Eastern states. At this stage it will cease to be the EU as it will become a global NWO - it's already crossed continental boundaries with Turkey becoming a member.

Whether the US will become a member is open to question. But once you have 30 or 40 countries in the system, it's going to become harder and harder to resist joining. Economically, the new system will have a stranglehold over the world economy. It's output and resources will be huge. If it manages to stretch as far as the Middle East, it will also control the oil.

The NWO is a European concept and it is already growing.

I highly doubt Europe will ever accept any muslim nation from the Middle East, especially in next 20 years (Maybe just Israel and they are no muslims). I highly doubt even the Turkey will be accepted. Don't you see the arab nations are going more more and more form the western ideals of demokracy, secularity and freedom? Do you really think the EU will accept milions of trojan horses? I personally think the only countries witch can join the EU are former USSR countries like Ukraine or Russia. But it will be also very hard to achieve. I don't think the europeans would accept another 160 milions poor people. EU needs to deal with their own problems in the future - social system, low economic growth, rising unemployment rate(mostly in western states) etc. So I don't see next expansion in a near future.

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by longbow]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
About the world goverment - you should understand that humans are not uniting FOR something but AGAINST it. So USA have united against Britain, EU has united against other competitors in economy, NATO countries have united because of USSR threat etc. So I think the world will not unite until some planets are colonized or aliens will attack us
About the future - there will be probably 3 main economical blocks - EU, China, USA with their allies ( Japan, Australia, Tai-wan and maybe american free trade zone), secondary countries - not so powerfull but economically independent (Russia, India and maybe united middle east - if the USA will be not strong enough and they will allow it).

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Why does goverment exist? Beacuse of some humans need to learn? I hope there come the day we dont need any goverement, when we are our own goverment. or are we joust to Stupid? I am we you are we they are we we all are one. yet we kill. never stop and learn try to learn something new every day. *think paralell*.
When our Oldies die it is our turn(young ones) to leed to world to Peace and a bright future... can we do that?

we can learn fast and slow that is our own desicion.
yes you are alive you are not dead.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
www.conspiracy-net.com...

FOLLOW THE LINK...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
I highly doubt Europe will ever accept any muslim nation from the Middle East, especially in next 20 years . I highly doubt even the Turkey will be accepted.

Turkey is a great example of why Muslim nations will be accepted. Would anyone have thought that Turkey would be part of NATO 20 years ago? Would anyone have thought 20 years ago that the USSR countries would have been in the EU now?

Sure, the Middle East states aren't democratic but that doesn't mean that they won't be absorbed. The EU itself isn't exactly democratic either is it? Most of the people sitting there in power are unelected!!!! Don't forget that as the EU spreads Eastwards it comes across states which contain different religions. For example: Turkey is both Christian and Muslim as are a lot of the Balkan states (Slovenia has already joined).

Don't look for these states to be perfectly aligned with European ideals before they are accepted. The whole point would be to absorb them and gradually impose the ideals.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I highly doubt Europe will ever accept any muslim nation from the Middle East, especially in next 20 years . I highly doubt even the Turkey will be accepted.

Turkey is a great example of why Muslim nations will be accepted. Would anyone have thought that Turkey would be part of NATO 20 years ago? Would anyone have thought 20 years ago that the USSR countries would have been in the EU now?

Sure, the Middle East states aren't democratic but that doesn't mean that they won't be absorbed. The EU itself isn't exactly democratic either is it? Most of the people sitting there in power are unelected!!!! Don't forget that as the EU spreads Eastwards it comes across states which contain different religions. For example: Turkey is both Christian and Muslim as are a lot of the Balkan states (Slovenia has already joined).

Don't look for these states to be perfectly aligned with European ideals before they are accepted. The whole point would be to absorb them and gradually impose the ideals.

Turkey was not accepted by NATO because of its democracy or something like that - actually it caused much trouble with the Greece. It was accepted because of USSR trying to expand their power to the south. Turkey had such geographical position that it was impossible to leave it alone.

Slovenia is westen-culture catholic country (they also use the traditional latin alphabet, while other east Europe countries use cyrilic and are mostly orthodox), in fact they have more common with Austria than with Serbia. The cultural difference between east Europe and west is not as big when comparing EU to muslim countries. It could be possible than EU will accept some small balkan muslim states like Bosnia or Albania but not the real big ones (Egypt, Syria, arab penisula etc.), because the problems with muslim imigrants are already here (French, Germany, London) and I don't think the comisars would like to have more trouble. The muslim countries could be accepted when they "westernize" their society. But what is happening now? The exact opossite - more religion, fewer democracy, fewer personal freedom.

ppp

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
"Let's assume that all nations freely joined into a democratic, world gov't. The United States of Earth.. or the EU - Earth Union."

EU is taken

"Well your right, it is the next logical step. But sadly we live in a world where things aren't that simple"

One world government would be ruled by China and India, go tell that to the NWO! That means all Americans have to give most of their money to the Chinese and Indians. Communism anybody???

"never mentioned feudalism. Not even close. I am looking at a much larger version of.... lets say the EU"

They havent even made the EU into a country yet and the UK is already on the road to leaving. And when the UK leaves Denmark and Sweden follow suit! parts breaking off of a country before its even been created is usualy a bad sign.

"Why would it give all the rich people power money etc???
For me this is just the poor trying to excuse their own lack of success in life."

The point is that under a NWO arrangement the rich would stay rich and the poor would stay poor. This would be unfair as nobody would have the oppotunity to become rich and powerful! Currently, anybody here over 8 can stand for election and run YOUR country, under the NWO you woulnt have this chance. This is the different.

"Why can we not live as we do now under the British Government, American government, etc, except that everyone is under that system?? "

We will continue living as we are, its just there are people who scaremonger about this and that and get into their heads that it will really happen! Remember, the mass population is more powerful than the "leaders". All they need ddo is stop working and the "leaders" starve, and fall from power!

"How about one government which makes the MAIN ideas but leaves provinical governments/departments?"

Becuase the MAIN ideas for America are drastically different from those of an Islamic state or dictatorship!

"I think this is the system they use in america at the moment?"

The system they have in America takes the huge pressure of government from the federal government and makes the country easier to run and more democratic as there are more people in "power".

"I think it's also similar to the system Blair was trying to introduce with the EU"

Except that in the USA 99% of Americans love the way their government is set up, and in Britain 96% of the people are opposed to being part of the EU! Also, the EU is an altered dictatorship, as there are no elections for the president! Tony B.LIAR is a traitor and dictator!

"Imagine the American and British government merging, what kind of affect would this have on the UK?"

The Americans would react in one of two ways (depending on how they feel). They will either be really happy becaue they like "British" stuff (its supposed to be popular in America says a m8 of mine), or they will go crazy because they are being ruled the evil British Empire, again!

The British sound better in elections that Americans so would always be elected! Britain would to all effect have its empire back!

Dues to the closeness of the cultures and being closest allies it would in theory work seamlessly, but both are FIERCLY INDEPENDENT, so would probably end in a war between two countires that just dont have a surrender flag.

"highly doubt Europe will ever accept any muslim nation from the Middle East, especially in next 20 years (Maybe just Israel and they are no muslims)."

The EU doesnt like Israel, the only country in the world that likes Israel is the USA! The only group Israel has a chance of joining is the US of A.

"EU has united against other competitors in economy"

EU is united against America!

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Why does everyone assume that a New World Order would be oppressive? Why do you assume it would be communist?
A county/provinical basis is a good idea. Perhaps a statue of laws (e.g. 10 commandments, adultery, murder, envy, etc) and different (not widely varying) laws in all the provincies....
Why does it have to be one-religion? The NWO is not even fact, how can people be stating facts about something that doesnt exist yet? Illogical.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think if the NWO is put into place, it will be a system taking the best of all economic/governmental types and putting them together. We won't have to believe in one religion, but it might be a setup like the US, a SOCIAL democracy - not TRUE democracy. That ways, people can have free speech, believe in whatever they want, but the competition, supply and demand, dog eat dog world **** won't be there. Also, some guy said, war will not happen in a NWO enviornmet - which you can't say. There wil always be war, it's human nature. The only difference between the present and the inevitable NWO future will be that war will become civil war.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Turkey was not accepted by NATO because of its democracy or something like that - actually it caused much trouble with the Greece. It was accepted because of USSR trying to expand their power to the south. Turkey had such geographical position that it was impossible to leave it alone.

Who said anything about countries having to be democracies before they are accepted into the EU or NATO? Turkey is the example in point.
It shows how the EU spreads throughout the region.

As for Russia?
www.nato.int...
As you can see, it is only a matter of time before Russia is drawn in politically and economically with the rest of Europe.

I doubt very much that the EU will fall apart as PPP states. Even the right wing of the UK is not advocating leaving the EU. They are merely opposing more power being given to it.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
A one world govornment. Pure evil, if you ask me.

Since some people have suggested that local govornments take care of stuff.....thats what they already do.

Wars are inevitable, its part of the human evolution process. necessity is the mother of invention.

There are too many different countries, too many cultures and ethnic groups, too many standards. Whose to say our way is right, that democracy is right for everyone?

democracy and "freedom" arent a catch all one size fits all concept. Not everyone will want such a system, some people like more govornment, some like less.

Each nation is different. Dont like the leadership in one nation? Move to the next. But if the NWO exists, one world govornment, then theres no place to run if you dont like the system one place.

Youre stuck under one single system. one single ideology. And what about resources? Some countries have it, some dont. So, some people will eb forced to send off thier wealth to support other countries. Im talking about population. Some countries are terribly overpopulated with a lack of food and water resources. Will population control measures be put into effect for those countries? if so, you infringe on personal rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join