It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mousavi Backers Tortured, Told to Confess Foreign Plot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Mousavi Backers Tortured, Told to Confess Foreign Plot

www.newser.com

Iran's opposition says prominent supporters have been tortured in an effort to extract "confessions" that foreign forces in league with Mir Hossein Mousavi are plotting against the Islamic republic, the Guardian reports. Amnesty International, citing "very credible sources," says screams have been heard from reformist politicians jailed in the section of Tehran's Evin prison reserved for political prisoners.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.newsdaily.com
www.dailykos.com
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So the Supreme Leader of the Theocratic Democracy and his henchmen, including Ahmadinejad have jailed many Mousavi supporters and are now torturing them to confess that "foreign forces" are in league with Mousavi and plotting against the Islamic regime. I wonder which foreign forces they had in mind? Is it time to pull out the "Blame America" card? Holding them in the infamous Elvin prison for political prisoners, and banning many others from leaving the country. This does not bode well for Mousavi supporters. Meanwhile President Obama states that he does not take anything that Ahmadinejad says seriously. Perhaps it is time he should. Ahmadinejad wants the U.S. to apologize for "meddling" in Irans election process, compares Obama to Bush, Ya right they are pulling the "Blame America" card because they are in trouble and this is a politically advantageous maneuver.

Fellow prisoners are reported to have heard screams of pain from Tajzadeh, a former deputy interior minister, and Ramezanzadeh, who was Khatami's government spokesman, during interrogations at Evin's section 209, which is reserved for political prisoners and run by the hardline intelligence ministry.

www.newser.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Some interesting photographs:

www.salon.com...

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If Mousavi is a US backed candidate, wouldnt you expect him to say stuff like this?
What makes you think you can believe this guy?

I'm not saying that he is, or is not, telling the truth.
I'm saying don't blindly believe whatever you hear.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodFella

The so-called "confessions" fooled no one inside or outside Iran. Their purpose was to strike fear into the hearts of the opposition to the hard-line theocratic dictators. They want all their minions to know that the secret police can take you in the night and torture you until you say what they want and that there is nothing anyone can or will do about it. See, for example, Nazi Germany. Now, even though the election was obviously rigged for the re-election of the puppet, no one will long resist the decree by the Mullah/Furher.
Of course, you may always console yourself with the thought that Islam is said to be a religion of peace and tolerance. If it is, the dictators in Iran and other Isalmic states must be following another creed, entirely.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The Central Intelligence Agency has been on record for the past several years that it is in fact actively working inside of Iran to destabilize the government.

Today's quiz boys and girls is a multiple choice answer one question quiz please circle the answer that best describes your answer:

The CIA stated in 2007 it was committed to a long term covert operation inside of Iran to destabilize it's government is the CIA?:

(a.) Terrible at it's job and can not even be counted on to pick up a loaf of bread at the store on the way home from work.

(b.) Excellent at it's job and always accomplishes it's mission and is humble and usually never likes to take claim for it's successes.

(c.) I haven't been paying attention until now because I was too busy shopping for Toyotas and household goods and fashions at Wal-Mart while eyeing my mailbox for approved Credit Card Offers.

The real answer is published below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4403ba1e5a5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

So whilst the allegations of torture are held up as a 'despicable act' by another regime, it's somehow acceptable to 'hard interrogate' suspects by use of water-boarding and other techniques by the US state?

Pot...Kettle...

[edit on 27-6-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

A leading Iranian religious leader has called for the execution of "rioters" who have led a series of anti-government protests following the country's disputed June 12 presidential election.

Ahmad Khatami, a member of Iran's Assembly of Experts, told worshippers during a sermon at Friday prayers that Iran's judiciary should charge such rioters as "mohareb", or one who wages war against God.

elections.7rooz.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Torture was invented and used in order to extract FALSE confessions out of people.Think spanish inquisition,khmer rougue etc etc.

Say this,or we carry on burning you or your family bit by bit type thing.

In todays world we are supposed to believe that torture gets accurate information...yeah right.

Who amongst us would refuse to sign whatever lies they put in front of us,after hours/days/weeks of having been beaten,starved,drowned,drilled,and maybe having witnessed the same treatment of our family members?

Hell,I would admit to shooting Archduke Franz Ferdinand,JFK and the Easter bunny if i thought myself and my family would stop being tortured.

As would we all IMHO.

No credible evidence can be gained from torture,whatever anyone says,including the ayotollahs and dick cheney.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
He who is without sin cast the first stone. We torture. We electrocute genitalia...and don't tell me it is "different" (as in circumstances) because it is not. I say, this is the world we live in.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

So whilst the allegations of torture are held up as a 'despicable act' by another regime, it's somehow acceptable to 'hard interrogate' suspects by use of water-boarding and other techniques by the US state? Pot...Kettle...

Perhaps you mis-understood the articles and links, these are Iranians torturing Iranians. What does water boarding have to do with the post?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

Iranians torturing Iranians is waaaaaay worse than human beings torturing human beings of differing ethnicities...thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Proto please, you do a disservice to every Iranian with a mind of their own who is dissatisfied with the status quo.

Who's side are you on?

Once again, the CIA cannot force people into the streets that don't want to be there.

Software developed by a Canadian lab to circumvent online censorship has been downloaded by more than 18,000 Iranians in the last 10 days, says its developer Rafal Rohozinski."This speaks to the hunger for access to information when it's being denied," Rohozinski told AFP.t

www.google.com...

Iran cleric: Protest leaders should be punished 'savagely'

www.dallasnews.com...

An influential cleric told worshippers Friday that those stirring unrest in connection with the recent election should be punished "ruthlessly and savagely" for waging war against God, a crime that under Shiite Islamic law is punishable by death.

"Anyone who takes up arms to fight with the people, they are worthy of execution," Ayatollah Ahmed Khatami said in a nationally broadcast sermon at Tehran University.

mrzine.monthlyreview.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Iranians torturing Iranians is waaaaaay worse than human beings torturing human beings of differing ethnicities...thanks for clearing that up.

Torturing anybody is unacceptable, but flame away...

The Iranian authorities have used this technique before to humiliate and discredit opponents. In 2007, state television aired "confessions" by US-Iranian academics Haleh Esfandiari, Kian Tajbakhsh and Ramin Jahanbegloo in which they said they had worked with pro-democracy groups that the regime claimed were plotting its downfall. This week, state television broadcast interviews with several people admitting to being "terrorists" after purportedly taking part in street demonstrations.

The Iranian Government is torturing its own citizens and placing blame on "foreign forces" How can you not get it?

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
He who is without sin cast the first stone. We torture. We electrocute genitalia...and don't tell me it is "different" (as in circumstances) because it is not. I say, this is the world we live in.

There is no comparison, are you justifying one because of the other,?

Do you have any idea what kind of torture is inflicted on innocent Iranians?

[edit on 113030p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The answer is Stormdancer777 is that I am not on anyone's side as there are (a.) to many sides involved with this one (b.) most events are happening 10 thousand miles away (c.) I have no reliable and trustworthy intelligence apparatus on the ground over there and (d.) every part involved has at least one reason to lie.

I don't even like to have to take sides when the kids argue or the next door neighbors are.

10,000 miles away? with a language barrier, press black outs, and politics involved?

Some other people might have woken up before 11:30 AM Eastern Standard Time when I did but I don't think they put the headstart to the day to much good use!

Nap time!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

BEIJING - Out of fear that history might repeat itself, the authoritarian governments of China, Cuba and Burma have been selectively censoring the news this month of Iranian crowds braving government militias on the streets of Tehran to demand democratic reforms.

Between 1988 and 1990, amid a lesser global economic slump, pro-democracy protests that appeared to inspire and energize one another broke out in Eastern Europe, Burma, China and elsewhere. Not all evolved into full-fledged revolutions, but communist regimes fell in a broad swath of countries, and the global balance of power shifted.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

It will soon be us.

raymankojast.blogspot.com...

Mir Hossein Mousavi's official message to Iranians abroad

Unfortunately, as you witness in the international media, contrary to the letter of the constitution, and the stated freedoms in the Islamic Republic, all my communication with the people and you has been cut off, and people’s peaceful objections are being crushed. The national media which is being financed with public funds, with a revolting misrepresentation is changing the truth, and labels the peaceful march of close to three million people as anarchist, and the media that are being controlled by the government have become the mouthpiece of those who have stolen the people’s votes.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
and when the CIA is
torturing people in secret
prisons around the globe
to confess they
are terrorists

that is a good thing?

[edit on 27-6-2009 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Really?

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to weed through the information and form a valid opinion.

Of course I know there are shades of gray.

But please what if you are wrong, then you are helping to silence their voice,

And their only voice right now is," OURS."

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

This is about Iran,

HELLO?

Why do people keep trying to change the subject?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I love selective outrage! Let's get angry at Iranians for torturing their own people, and in the meanwhile, let's fight really, really, really, hard to not have the photos released of us torturing people! That will show the Iranians how wrong they are.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join