It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart is the Man! Takes On Obama and his None Transparency - Though Promised Over and Over!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
You have to hand it to Jon Stewart - he says it like it is, no matter Democrat or Republican! He has called Obama out on his None Transparency though Obama had promised it over and over again while campaigning! He showed Obama is basically following the foot steps of the Bush administration by hiding everything.

Stewart did not go through the whole stimulus package nor the latest "Climate" package of the promise of bills being on the internet for 5 days before being voted on.

Great segment - and verifies there has been no transparency with Obama!
Jon Stewart is Definitely - The Man!!!!

www.thedailyshow.com...

Don't know how to embed a none google or youtube vid. so see link above for video.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I respect Jon for doing this, but I would love to see him tackle the REAL issues which you mentioned in your post. I know it's not a news program but the sad thing is that you can expect more serious journalism from a Comedy Central show than you could from CNN and all these other MSM news outlets.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I agree. Jon is The Man!

Although I have seen a wee bit of deference with some of his governmental guests, thinking he has not asked the right questions, over all, he RULES!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
You have to hand it to Jon Stewart - he says it like it is, no matter Democrat or Republican!

Well ... questioningall ... I have to say that Stewart has been easy on Obama. This is nice but he really has been softballing Obama and his administration. In the past few months I've lost a lot of the respect I had for Stewart. He can earn it back if he keeps it up and doesn't make this a one time flash-in-the-pan thing.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You have to hand it to Jon Stewart - he says it like it is, no matter Democrat or Republican!

Well ... questioningall ... I have to say that Stewart has been easy on Obama. This is nice but he really has been softballing Obama and his administration. In the past few months I've lost a lot of the respect I had for Stewart. He can earn it back if he keeps it up and doesn't make this a one time flash-in-the-pan thing.

While I agree that he has been taking it very easy on the current administration, you also have to think as to his goals for his show, ratings. Obviously the driving force, he panders to college students and the self entitled/trend following generation. These are the people who in a majority, voted for Obama. Why would he say anything that would insult their "intellect" and "political views"? If he were smart and wanted to keep his ratings, he would continue beating a dead horse, and joke about the past administration.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think that was hysterical!

I say give him a chance, the honeymoon is over and the people are coming awake at breakneck speed.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Jon Stewart is great! I love the Daily show!! I tend to get my news from this program, as it tells you more than most MS media outlets will ever tell you.. Plus its witty and can make me laugh..

Jon Stewart is the man!! And I to give him much props for doing what he does.. However that doesnt let him off the hook so easy.. HE is still on TV, and is still controled by the powers that be. Granted they let the show get away with more than I ever thought they would.. Yet reason being is that its a platform comedy show. Comedy tends to tell more truths than anything else in this world because it envokes laughter..
That key when understanding how this world works.. We laugh at the things that are the worst.. And thats another form of control..
While the whole time those in power, are like..."yes laugh it off you fools.. Its really happening."
It is they who get the last laugh..

I also enjoy Colbert too.. However with all that in mind.. I keep a watchful eye out spewed from any TV box..
ITs all good and great but its just another form of control...

Great thread!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Stewart is great.

There was a thread a while back questioning what he would do when Obama got in office (I'm too lazy to look it up). But it appears that Jon is sticking to his guns and sticking it to the Man! He probably has more journalistic integrity than all the anchors of all of the networks combined.

P.S. Did anyone really believe all those promises in the first place? Did Stewart?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I don't think TPTB control Stewart like they control other media. It seems Stewart has always been willing to spread the truth in a manner to make people think about what is going on.

I will look forward to Stewart doing more on Obama as he did with this segment. I want to keep seeing a honest look at Obama and all his empty promises.

I also don't think Stewart is a blind follower, he probably has been giving Obama time to live up to some of his promises, but since he is not, he will start holding his feet to the fire.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

The reason this is great.. is because the Daily Show has such a large audience.. although they are mainly the younger crowd.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I salute John Stewart. The Daily Show is great!

I'm going to be devils advocate and speculate a bit....

Lets face it.. Obama promised a lot and while on the campaign trail I'm sure he hoped he could have more transparency but when he got into office and found out all the BS.....

With an economic collapse happening before his eyes he can't tell or show us that we have been screwed and screwed for years. The American citizens would have poured into the streets demanding people be hanged, stoned and quartered. Not that I wouldn't have been one of those people but given the climate. We were having Tea Parties for God sake!

Could you see him standing at the podium and telling us were F'ed and have been F'ed for years with his calm, intellectual, serious look and head turning from side to side reading it off a teleprompter? LOL

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by zysin5

I don't think TPTB control Stewart like they control other media. It seems Stewart has always been willing to spread the truth in a manner to make people think about what is going on.

Yeah don't get me wrong.. I think the show is great.. And speaks many truths.. But in the end its comedy platform.. Thus if you have half a brain, you can read between the lines and get a good dose of knowledge/truths..

Yet because its on TV.. There is a level of control.. No matter what platform.. Its going to be controlled by some upper level...

While I very much enjoy the daily show. and colbert report it walks a fine line between being honest and murking the waters even further..

Granted I like how the show remains in the middle.. Taking shots at the left and the right.. While being a left based program.. Stewart does a good job at keeping it fair!

To me thats the true to life.. Fair and balanced news source

As with the whole Transparency.. They claim one thing and do another..
Im glad the Daily show is on top of that..

I tire of these people in power who claim to do one thing.. Turn around and do something totally different than what they claimed...

Obama is looking more and more like the old boss....

[edit on 29-6-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
im jealus ,

you get to see fine comedy with intelectual content

all i get is " not for your region"

usa has sunk to chinas level of internet censorship

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Some sites need to be accessed through local systems, and since this is available inside the States and Canada, it's more likely it's wherever you are blocking it.

Try going to Comedy Central's site to get to the video. It has links that should work in your region.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Massgirl

The point in the segment was he said over and over about Transparency and how his administration would be!

He has done a complete about face on it - he is hiding just as Bush hid. Why? what is so bad and who is going into the White House that they have to be hidden from public view?

top topics

join