It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the order of Melchizedek

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Sometimes, especially during the times of Jubilee, God chooses his own 'High Priest." The usual cause for this is that those whose trust it is to unite the people with God have failed in that trust. Before I get into that, let me familiarize you with a priest called 'Melchizedek." Melchisedech
tt=00
[Gr. Melchisedek, from the Hebrew meaning "King of righteousness (Gesenius)] was King of Salem (Gen. xiv, 18-20) who, on Abraham's return with the booty taken from the four kings, "bringing forth bread and wine, for he was the priest of the most high God, blessed him", and received from him "the tithes of all" (v. 20). Josephus, with many others, identifies Salem with Jerusalem, and adds that Melchisedech "supplied Abram's army in a hospitable manner, and gave them provisions in abundance. . .and when Abram gave him the tenth part of his prey, he accepted the gift" (Ant., I, x, 2). Cheyne says "it is a plausible conjecture that he is a purely fictitious personage" (Encyc. Bib., s.v.), which "plausible conjecture" Kaufmann, however, rightly condemns (Jew. Encyc., s.v.). The Rabbins identified Melchisedech with Sem, son of Noah, rather for polemic than historic reasons, since they wished to set themselves against what is said of him as a type of Christ "without father, without mother, without genealogy" (Hebrews 7:3). In the Epistle to the Hebrews the typical character of Melchisedech and its Messianic import are fully explained. Christ is "a priest forever according to the order of Melchisedech" (Hebrews 7:6; Psalm 109:4); "a high priest forever", etc (Hebrews 6:20), i.e. order or manner (Gesenius), not after the manner of Aaron. The Apostle develops his teaching in Hebrews 7: Melchisedech was a type by reason

of his twofold dignity as priest and king,
by reason of his name, "king of justice",
by reason of the city over which he ruled, "King of Salem, that is, king of peace" (v. 2), and also
because he "without father without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but likened unto the Son of God, continueth a priest forever." (v. 3).
The silence of Scripture about the facts of Melchisedech's birth and death was part of the divine plan to make him prefigure more strikingly the mysteries of Christ's generation, the eternity of His priesthood. Abraham, patriarch and father of nations, paid tithes to Melchisedech and received his blessing. This was all the more remarkable since the priest-king was a stranger, to whom he was not bound to pay tithes, as were the children of Israel to the priests of the Aaronic line. Abraham, therefore, and Levi "in the loins of his father" (Heb. vii, 9), by acknowledging his superiority as a type of Christ (for personally he was not greater than Abraham), thereby confessed the excellence of Christ's priesthood. Neither can it be fairly objected that Christ was in the loins of Abraham as Levi was, and paid tithes to Melchisedech; for, though descended from Abraham, he had no human father, but was conceived by the Holy Ghost. In the history of Melchisedech St. Paul says nothing about the bread and wine which the "priest of the most High" offered, and on account of which his name is placed in the Canon of the Mass. The scope of the Apostle accounts for this; for he wishes to show that the priesthood of Christ was in dignity and duration superior to that of Aaron, and therefore, since it is not what Melchisedech offered, but rather the other circumstances of his priesthood which belonged to the theme, they alone are mentioned.
Sources
MCEVILLY, An Expos. Of the Eps. Of St. Paul (Hebrews 7); PICONIO, Triplex Expositio (Hebrews 7); HOONAKER, Le Sacerdoce Levitique (1899), 281-287; HASTINGS, Dict. Of the Bible, s.v.; Rabibinic references in Jew. Ency., s.v.; St. Thomas, III, Q. xxii, a. 6; HOMMEL, The ancient Heb. Tradition (tr. From the Ger., 1897), 146.

About this page
APA citation. Tierney, J. (1911). Melchisedech. In The Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. Retrieved June 27, 2009 from New Advent: www.newadvent.org...

MLA citation. Tierney, John. "Melchisedech." The Catholic Encyclopedia. Vol. 10. New York: Robert Appleton Company, 1911. 27 Jun. 2009 .

Transcription. This article was transcribed for New Advent by John Looby.

Ecclesiastical approbation. Nihil Obstat. October 1, 1911. Remy Lafort, S.T.D., Censor. Imprimatur. +John Cardinal Farley, Archbishop of New York.

Contact information. The editor of New Advent is Kevin Knight. My email address is feedback732 at newadvent.org. (To help fight spam, this address might change occasionally.) Regrettably, I can't reply to every letter, but I greatly appreciate your feedback — especially notifications about typographical errors and inappropriate ads.

Copyright © 2009 by Kevin Knight. Dedicated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

CONTACT US

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
It is important to recognize where this order of priest gets his "authority" and defines his limitations (if any). The most definitive text (IMO) is that provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints All forms of the words ORDER, OF and MELCHIZEDEK in the Text of the Scriptures, sorted by relevance.

D&C 107: 9-10, 29, 71, 73, 76
9 The aPresidency of the High Priesthood, after the order of Melchizedek, have a right to officiate in all the offices in the church.
10 aHigh priests after the order of the Melchizedek Priesthood have a bright to officiate in their own cstanding, under the direction of the presidency, in administering spiritual things, and also in the office of an elder, dpriest (of the Levitical order), teacher, deacon, and member.
• • •
29 Unless this is the case, their decisions are not entitled to the same blessings which the decisions of a quorum of three presidents were anciently, who were ordained after the order of Melchizedek, and were arighteous and holy men.
• • •
71 Nevertheless, a high priest, that is, after the order of Melchizedek, may be set apart unto the ministering of temporal things, having a aknowledge of them by the Spirit of truth;
• • •
73 This is the duty of a bishop who is not a literal descendant of Aaron, but has been ordained to the High Priesthood after the order of Melchizedek.
• • •
76 But a literal descendant of Aaron has a legal right to the presidency of this priesthood, to the akeys of this ministry, to act in the office of bishop independently, without counselors, except in a case where a President of the High Priesthood, after the order of Melchizedek, is tried, to sit as a judge in Israel.
Alma 13: 14, 18
14 Yea, humble yourselves even as the people in the days of aMelchizedek, who was also a high priest after this same order which I have spoken, who also took upon him the high priesthood forever.
• • •
18 But Melchizedek having exercised mighty faith, and received the office of the high priesthood according to the aholy order of God, did preach repentance unto his people. And behold, they did repent; and Melchizedek did establish peace in the land in his days; therefore he was called the prince of peace, for he was the king of Salem; and he did reign under his father.
Ps. 110: 4
4 The Lord hath asworn, and will not brepent, Thou art a cpriest for ever after the order of dMelchizedek.
D&C 76: 57
57 And are apriests of the Most High, after the order of Melchizedek, which was after the order of bEnoch, which was after the corder of the Only Begotten Son.
D&C 124: 123
123 Verily I say unto you, I now give unto you the aofficers belonging to my Priesthood, that ye may hold the bkeys thereof, even the Priesthood which is after the order of Melchizedek, which is after the order of mine cOnly Begotten Son.

[edit on 023030p://am3028 by debris765nju]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
This is not about religion, it is about authority. Abraham, patriarch of three major religions, Christians, Muslim and Jew recognized the authority of Melchizedek to receive "tithes" that were dedicated to the priests of "The Most High God". Abraham by this act subjected these three religions to the authority of Melchizedek over that of the priests of Aaron's lineage. Christian's accept Melchizedek as a precursor to Christ and Mohammed propagated Islaam under this same authority.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
sites.google.com...

Considering the subject matter, I felt it more prudent to have an off-thread source that can deal with the Power of God rather than the politics of religion.

The power of God has been that of visible images, at least to some of the people. The burning bush, a pillar of flame at night, a pillar of smoke by day. Since this is about the High Priest of God, the very specific attire of that said priest becomes the identifier of the holder of that office. Articles that are cunningly made. This site has photograph's of those articles described in the Book of Exodus.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

(click to open player in new window)

There are still photograph's posted here on ATS my pictures

My sole intention in posting these pictures and videos is to provide evidence that these items actually exist and that by their actuality cannot be replicated by mere mortal men.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a418d79ccc4a.jpg[/atsimg]The Mantle of Elijah the prophet of God. It was passed to Elias at the time Elijah was taken up in a chariot of fire. Elias asked for and received a double measure of Elijah's power. The mantle had the power to part rivers so they could cross on dry land.

[edit on 063030p://am3009 by debris765nju]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f84005840dba.jpg[/atsimg]The Breastplate of Aaron, also called the breastplate of justice. It was used in conjunction with the Urim & Thummim to divine the future and to translate unknown languanges.

[edit on 053030p://am3046 by debris765nju]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/497229dfa4eb.jpg[/atsimg]One of the things that people had difficulty understanding was Jesus telling everyone that they had to go through him to get to God. They could not comprehend that the Creator had made a personal portal for Jesus that was the way to God. It looks something like this before it gets going good.

[edit on 063030p://am3007 by debris765nju]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I have no idea what the hell you are talking about in this thread - it is meaningless.

The images are horribly distorted - I can't even tell what they are of or about.

At the start of your post you might want to supply some context so people can have a clue what you are rambling about.

Are you saying you are of the order of Milchesedec? Or that you have some ancient artifacts in your possession? Or that you are starting a new religion?

Basically WTF are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad9fd511de7b.jpg[/atsimg]All these magical items were in a single place....the tomb of Jesus hidden beneath the bedrock of Golgotha. At the time everyone was scrambling to find the body of the Christ because it was truly dead. Each side made up their own ending....None could imagine that he would remain dead for two thousand years until some blamed fool took Jesus at his word and resurrected what was left of him. Fortunately God builds things to last forever. Jesus fulfilled his prophecy to dwell in me, and the Father in Him. I could not distinguish who were all those interred with Jesus, they seemed to have gravitated to him, So I took them all....Fulfulling the prophecy that the dead in Christ shall be resurrected first. They were placed in a place prepared for them.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/526ba0cc341e.jpg[/atsimg]It was important to reactivate as much of Jesus' dna as possible because the artifacts were keyed to the saviour he was positioned on my left shoulder and partook of my life force....it was no great sacrifice, I would have given all.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I laughed a little..

but really..

what the hell??

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79b90578fb4a.jpg[/atsimg]I decided this project on my own, carried it out on my own....at least with no human assistance. You will probably not believe this but it was a requirement that one who followed Christ would be the one to revive Him when the appointed time was fulfilled. Only a fool would meddle in the business of God unless he was following God's Will.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
drunk posting??

that's all I can think of..

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
GOSPEL ACCORDING TO
ST JOHN
CHAPTER 16
Jesus discourses on mission of Holy Ghost—He tells of his death and resurrection, announces his own divine Sonship, and says he has overcome the world.
1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be aoffended.
2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever akilleth you will think that he doeth God service.
3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not aknown the Father, nor me.
4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
5 But now I ago my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is aexpedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the bComforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will areprove the world of sin, and of brighteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of asin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to asay unto you, but ye cannot bbear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the aSpirit of truth, is come, he will bguide you into all ctruth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will dshew you things to come.
14 He shall aglorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15 All athings that the bFather hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall asee me, because I go to the Father.
17 Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

ummm ok? What exactly are we talking about in this thread? lol...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
What we are seeing here is a man that says, or thinks that he is a reincarnation of Jesus Christ.
The Bible does say that many will come in his(Jesus) name claiming"this is the Christ, or Here is the Christ" yet a little while until the time of the end.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

You are confused, I never said I was the re-incarnation of Christ.....I said I resurrected the dna essence of the Christ in order to reopen the passage to Heaven that was hidden with his body 2000 years ago.

Common sense would tell you that if the biblical story of Christ ascending into Heaven happened, Why didn't he keep his promise and return for those he shed his blood, body and life for?

Why did not those magical instruments that were his birthright and the historical memorabilia of the Creators interaction with his chosen people left in the stony soil of Golgotha?

I am a servant
of the living God and I feel extremely fortunate to be that.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Religious nut jobs... Go seek help my friend, otherwise your not gonna be around for much longer!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shade

Religious nut job?
It has always been my contention that if there were a God, (I most certainly know there is) then Man could have no more important duty than to learn as much about Him as is humanly possible. This is where the order of Melchizedek comes into play.

Aaron and the Levites were the organized state religion, it was their job. They were paid to do it. They were obligated to maintain the pattern, to serve the religion.

Melchizedek was of a different pattern....He served God, not the religion. God really liked this about him, so much so in fact that he made Melchizedek a High Priest to God FOREVER.

I am not really much for prayer but I do talk to God and on occasion God has spoken to me. I know the difference between doing things in the flesh and doing things in the Spirit and that is one of the basic tenets I am discussing here.

The God of the old testament was really a new God....No prior job experience and many things were accomplished through trial and error. It is vital that you understand this concept. God is not all powerful, all knowing or any of that other religious dogma. God created Angels, Djinni and then Man. He then set the last over the first and demanded they bow down and submit to Adam. Thus creating the sin of jealousy. This was inexperience, the unexpected, it was also a learning experience.
Ex. 34: 14
14 For thou shalt worship ano other bgod: for the Lord, whose name is cJealous, is a djealous God:
1 Kgs. 19: 10, 14
10 And he said, I have been very jealous for the Lord God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they aseek my life, to take it away.
• • •
14 And he said, I have been very ajealous for the Lord God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am bleft; and they seek my life, to take it away.
Ex. 20: 5
5 Thou shalt not abow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a bjealous God, cvisiting the diniquity of the efathers upon the fchildren unto the third and fourth generation of them that ghate me;
Deut. 4: 24
24 For the Lord thy God is a consuming afire, even a bjealous God.
Deut. 5: 9
9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting athe iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth bgeneration of them that chate me,
Deut. 6: 15
15 (For the Lord thy God is a ajealous God among you) lest the banger of the Lord thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.
Josh. 24: 19
19 And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the Lord: for he is an aholy God; he is a bjealous God; he will not cforgive your transgressions nor your sins.
Ezek. 39: 25
25 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Now will I abring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of bIsrael, and will be jealous for my holy name;
Nahum 1: 2
2 God is jealous, and the Lord revengeth; the Lord revengeth, and is furious; the Lord will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
2 Cor. 11: 2
2 For I am ajealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have bespoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
To understand the nature of God one must first remove the misconceptions you have of God. Religions are self-serving organisms that are selling an ideal, the more value they can ascribe to it, the more power they gain for themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join