It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Lynch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I am a big fan of his twisted films. My first fave is "Twin Peaks" series. I remember watching it and my brain would just explode trying to analyze all that was taking place.

If You would like to share your observations with me and the others FILL FREE and be generous.

Iam not going to even start on "Lost Highway" as this is unbreakable for my brain. After "Mullholland Drive" I have come to a conclusion that both of them have similar structure. While searching the web, I have found out that first part of "MD" is a Diane's dream and that the second part is reality.

If I can dig the addresses up again I will place them in here.

What is Your favourite or most hated lynch film??

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by netka]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
My personal favourite of Lynch is Blue Velvet, it's unforgetable. It's hard to choose as all his films are so good. Lost Highway is so great, love it. I also thought it was similar to mullholand drive, it's great too.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
David Lynch is a God!!! I love all his films, I even got the extremely rear first series of "On The Air"(which is great) and the DVD off his official site of all his early short films.

I could never really pick a favourite. It's true though that discussing the meanings behind his films are alot of fun, although I don't really care if I ever know or not anyway even though I have strong belief on what they're about.

Anyway, I'm going to stop now because if I got into that I'd be here all day, but it's certainly nice to have another fan about.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Found a key to "MD" mystery:www.pitchforkmedia.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">the key

SceenplayScreenplay

I will try to find something else

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I always liked this quote of his when he get tired of people asking him about the meaning of Lost Highway.

"When you look at a dohnut look at the ring, not the hole".

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Is that quote a joke?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
My personal favourite of Lynch is Blue Velvet, it's unforgetable.

I like David Lynch, but I have never been able to sit through that movie. Guess that I would have to go with Dune even though I feel like it is a bit of a cop out answer; I don't recall the one that I really like at the moment.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebeagle
Is that quote a joke?

Nope, he really said it.

joi

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I loved the Twin Peaks series. I was so happy to have something challenging on TV at the time. I still watch the series from time to time though the endging of it was a tad off.
I was so excited when I heard that they were going to make MD a pilot for another lynch program but alas it didnt happen.
Myfavorite DL film is EraserHead. Its dark, moody and scared the hell out of me.
I do love FireWalk with Me as it takes me on the darker side of Twin Peaks..I love the duality of the town.
All of Lynches work effects me though i havent had a chance to see The Straight Story..anyone seen it..how about a review?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'll give you a quick one word review for The Straight Story right now.

BEAUTIFUL!

I'll give you a more extended one later.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
wow, that is the worst quote ever.

new topics

top topics

join