It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000,000 infected with swine flu in USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
L A Times

At least 1 million Americans have now contracted the novel H1N1 influenza, according to mathematical models prepared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, while data from the field indicates that the virus is continuing to spread even though the normal flu season is over and that an increasing proportion of victims are being hospitalized.

Nearly 28,000 laboratory-confirmed U.S. cases of the virus, also known as swine flu, have been reported to the CDC, almost half of the more than 56,000 cases globally reported to the World Health Organization.

But Lyn Finelli, a flu surveillance official with CDC, told a vaccine advisory committee meeting in Atlanta today that standard models of viral spread indicate that many times that number have been infected. Although 1 million seems like a high number, between 15 million and 60 million Americans are infected by the influenza virus during a normal flu season.

1,000,000 infected in the USA so far.
And it hasn't even gotten going yet.
Just wait until October when it has mutated.

The CDC numbers of ~ 27,000 infected are bunk.

The good news - if everyone catches it now, perhaps the vaccinations won't be needed? Of course, if it mutates (as they say it will), then it'll be a new virus and everyone will be able to catch it even if they had it previously.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
That's BS. That's just propaganda so people will accept the vaccine that will kill more than the flu itself.

Disgusting.

I'm in Canada and here it's mandatory and they will start within weeks.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Im curious how they plan on enforcing that.It seems impossible.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'm personally surprised that the CDC said they think ONLY 1 million are infected, as last week, Sebelius and the new head of CDC, who's moved to Atlanta from New York, reported that an estimated 550,000 New Yorkers, alone, were infected with it.

I imagine the 1 million number is a nice round figure to put this fllu in context for the Americans who are idiots, and say, "well, that's a lot less than a normal flu season"- not realizing it's the height of summer, and we're being infected with a novel, rapidly mutating strain.

I would guess the infection rate in the states is more like 100 million.

The DHS has issued a preparedness guide. It's a long .pdf, but read through the parts about militarizing the local state and federal police, using neighborhood watch groups, begging volunteer nurses and doctors to come out of retirement or other jobs (and the government is indemnified against any legal action they might take for loss of life, job, etc.). This plan certainly is being implemented as we speak. Even Sesame Street is involved. Go to DHS.gov/sesamestreet for a kids' guide to preparedness- it's actually repulsive.
www.pandemicflu.gov...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Again that is a stupid thing to say the U.S may have the most confirmed swine flu cases in the world but it is certainly not that high.
The official number is 27,840.
flutracker.rhizalabs.com...
However I do agree that the deaths of swine flu in the U.S is quite high, the U.S alone has 128 confirmed deaths.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Pointman]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
That's BS. That's just propaganda so people will accept the vaccine that will kill more than the flu itself.

Disgusting.

I'm in Canada and here it's mandatory and they will start within weeks.

Stop and think for a moment. How did they get the vaccine ready so fast? Because the active ingredient is mercury and there is plenty of that available.

Will it work? Sure the mercury will kill the flu. But then, so sad too bad, it will kill you.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by total newbie]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

Agreed I mean obviously the media is posting false numbers of infected to scare people into taking the poison they call a vaccine.
Its disgusting.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pointman

A couple of days ago I read a paper by a doctor who was in charge of one wing of a hospital, the psych ward. For some reason he was giving his patients 2000IU of vitamin D daily. There was an outbreak of flu in the hospital and entire wings were shut off. None of his patients got the flu.

He speculated that vitamin D, the sunshine vitamin was closely linked to the flu and that the flu virus was ever present. Supposedly, tissue saturation of vitamin D could help that storm thing that comes and kills you quickly. And it could also prevent catching the flu at all.

My family and myself will have vitamin D supplements for this flu season. They are pretty harmless. Looks like 2000IU daily or 5000IU intermittent.

Think carefully on this as your life and health may depend on the decisions you make. I must say at this point that I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I am a good researcher.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

You think I will accept this vaccine? Are you kidding?

They managed to do it fast because they created it in the first place, it's for making money and in the vaccine itself, there's probably nothing at all or another virus.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
1,000,000 infected, 128 dead.

Wow, I'm soooooooooo scared.

Honestly, use your head, people. The virus just isn't that bad.

Get over it.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I actually was sick about a week ago I was only sick for 2 days and it wasn't that bad I might of had swine flu but I remember eating lots of fruit and such to fight off whatever I had anyway.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

70% of doctors don't take the flu shot in the US each year. When they start giving out the shots in the US you can believe there will be armed security present. People need to get some video of this and post it on the net.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't know anybody that is infected and have not meet anybody yet, I mean 1 million people you are bound to met at least somebody with it or that had it.

I think we all have the touch of it and had treated as regular flu or cold.

That is my take of it.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
1,000,000 infected, 128 dead.

Wow, I'm soooooooooo scared.

Honestly, use your head, people. The virus just isn't that bad.

Get over it.

If those numbers are correct have to agree then only 1-2 deaths per 10,000 people

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

according to mathematical models prepared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Not a million "for real", but according to an arbitrary number generated by a government agency.

Move along, people, nothing to see here.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Who says it is certain to mutate? And why would it mutate into something more deadly? That's complete guesswork. Experts have stated that even if it were to mutate, the chance it would mutate into something akin to the 1918 killer would be very, very low indeed.

It probably will mutate, but unlikely to be something deadly. Could be even more mild. By then, a vaccine may well be in place to combat it.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's already mutated if this source is accurate. www.earthweek.com...

And for those of you who who only look at the confirmed count, that's ridiculous. There are far more people who never go to the doctors, or they do go to the doctors and they are not tested for swine flu. I don't know if there's a million but you can bet the number is far higher than the confirmed numbers.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Vitamin D and the Flu - thread

Originally posted by Symbiote
Move along, people, nothing to see here.

Yes there is. If you find it dull .. YOU move along.

Originally posted by fleabit
Experts have stated that even if it were to mutate, the chance it would mutate into something akin to the 1918 killer would be very, very low indeed.

Do you have any links to information from these so-called 'experts'??
Reading 'The Coming Plague' by Laurie Garrett (especially chapter 6) tells a different story then what you are selling.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This was posted elsewhere ... but I needed to share.
It's funny .. and accurate.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

is this all just a cover so that they can force the planet to get these special vaccinations?

they don't really care about the average Joe, so why force the vaccination?

You really do have to wonder if there is something special in those shots.

top topics

join