It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Layar: The first mobile augmented reality browser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
At great risk of sounding extremely stupid, could someone please explain to me how this works? I would think this is compliled by a series of images but if it real time,it would be video footage..does this mean that the cities would be fitted with cameras and streamed to your phone or what? The article in the link I will provide more accurate info. Are there privacy issues to this? Never the less is still a step forward ito the future..Maybe I'll be able to see some interesting developments in this world before I die afterall..

The link to full site if you want..
the-mobiler.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
..does this mean that the cities would be fitted with cameras and streamed to your phone or what?

No. The phone uses and App and GPS to determine location and what you're "pointing" it at [a building, for example]. It then retrieves data and demographics about the location and displays them on the screen. Apparently it only works or has been test run in the Netherlands, but it seems the creators are looking to expand to other cities and locals in the future.

Once perfected and implemented on a broader scale, you could effectively "tour" a city or town using only your phone. Pointing it down a street would display demographic info about the location, it's past history, current populace, restaurants, banking, travel, etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Neat post.Mobile techno phone freaks like me live for stuff like this.Flagged.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Thanks, dunno why I always need something to be explained to me twice?! Anyz, it will probably take a while to make it to other countries nevermind South Africa, here we get everything last...
We really need to get up to date with the rest of the world!

new topics

top topics

join