It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US H1N1 Fatal Victims: Some Faces/Names *updated*

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well it appears the ones who have warned us, people like you author... I am sad to say are the winners of this debate.

6.77% mortality rate it Argentina. 1 in 15 people who get this mutated strain will die. This is no longer a joke anymore...

more info: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Another update/memorial (external link below)

Please take a look at faces/ages...not typical seasonal flu victims...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
Another update/memorial (external link below)

Please take a look at faces/ages...not typical seasonal flu victims...

Ok so, to be clear - you just ignored my entire post?

If you care so much about people who are dying far too young, then you have 100 different causes which you could push on this forum.

It's also worth noting that since you joined May 1st, 9 out of 22 of your threads are about swine flu. Why are you so invested?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by king9072]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
1. Ok so, to be clear - you just ignored my entire post?

2. If you care so much about people who are dying far too young, then you have 100 different causes which you could push on this forum.

3. It's also worth noting that since you joined May 1st, 9 out of 22 of your threads are about swine flu. Why are you so invested?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by king9072]

Note: Added numbers to king's quote to clarify this explanation:

1. No, I haven't "heard" from you before, or enough, to put you on "ignore," but I do feel that your questions are by nature, rhetorical...

2. Yes, I do care about *all* people who are dying, young or old, and perhaps in time, I will get to more issues/causes on this forum.

3. Why did I only join on May 1st? I work in higher education during the academic year, and only had the time to join and participate actively at that point.

Why am I so invested?
- Personal experience with a "strange flu" that affected my husband, children, and me in Cali during March...We never get ill, and this knocked us out for quite a while...in case you don't know Mexico, and Cali are "hot zones" for this
- Personal experiences with others (my university students) with strange illnesses during the same time period
- The fact that this "virus" is "novel" and the political, economic, social and media reactions/lack of reactions to it--makes it quite worrisome, timely, and controversial
- The fact that a "Pandemic" has been declared; the possibility that WHO can force countries to require mandatory vax of their populations
- The fact that at least one of my children has been adversely affected by normal childhood vax
- The fact that I may have to dump my career, and home-school my children if these lethal vax become mandatory in schools as proposed......pretty life-changing, eh?

Do you need further explanations?

Now, I have a question for you...why post to a thread that you consider irrelevant, and then go to the trouble to look up a OP's posting history?

ETA: numbering/content...

[edit on 30-7-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

It's called go to page one and read my full page post aimed at you specifically. It's near the bottom.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I'm with King on this one!!

Beside the fact that it's just morbid to be looking at dead people on imageshack i really believe somebody is pushing an agenda here....

Thanks to ATS, i've learned that when the MSN is delivering a message it is usally to distract you from other things happening.

Why aren't people in the southern hemispere dropping like flies if this is such a big threat?? It's winter there right now!

Try to keep your eye on the ball and do not get distracted by what your goverment is telling you....

My personal thought on this: Goverment is testing to see how many of the total population is willing to buy their BS and jump when they say. It will give them a nice list of trouble makers which can be picked out really easy afterwards.

On a side note: try making a picture-book of cancer victims. And don't get all of them, just the children.....

over 100,000 children die of cancer a year.

That's really bad to!!!!

Peace

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Yes, I read your previous post and examples, and most of those "where were you" questions are de-railing, and, in essence, rhetorical because they are related to circumstances that are *not* associated with contagious diseases.

If you believe the stats associated with seasonal flu, then perhaps we should be in a "constant pandemic," but again that's hypothetical...

The reality is...WHO declared a Level Six Pandemic, and right or wrong we're all going to have to deal with the fall-out of said situation.

That includes, at least, medical international law governing almost 200 countries if TPTB want to enforce it. By the way, I notice you are in Canada, and Canada is one of the 200.
The Canadian troops are currently here in the US, along with other UN militaries, and are executing a well-funded national training exercise as I sit here and write (look up NLE 2009 if you are unaware). The implications of all of this are anyone's best guess, but are you ready to exchange your Queen's coins for NAU, or NWO coins, or worse?

"Where were your sources?" is another question you pose and the answer is in the OP, but I'll spoon-feed you: www.flutrackers.com --this definitely isn't MSM--in fact, you are missing the point that I am actually emphatically questioning the validity of the MSM's/Govt's role in all of this.

Now, are you going to answer the question I presented you in my last post (it's at the bottom of the post ;: )

Oh, and I might as well include this, since it's current, again from flutrackers...and did I mention it is Summer??

Flutrackers Confirmed U.S. Fatalities 7/31/09 .....
*Fatalities are listed by probable location of infection, not by the victim's state of residency, when the two are different. Totals may not match each state's official number of reported deaths.

U.S. States
Alabama: 1
Arizona - 15
California - 88
Colorado - 1
Connecticut - 9
Florida - 33
Georgia - 1
Hawaii - 6
Illinois - 17
Indiana - 3
Maryland - 4
Massachusetts - 10
Michigan - 9
Minnesota - 3
Missouri - 1
Nebraska - 1
Nevada - 6
New Jersey - 15
New York - 73
North Carolina - 8
Ohio - 1
Oklahoma - 1
Oregon - 7
Pennsylvania - 8
Rhode Island - 2
Tennessee - 1
Texas - 28
Utah - 16
Virginia - 3
Washington - 8
Wisconsin - 6

U.S. Territories
Guam - 1
Puerto Rico - 10

TOTAL - 396*

ETA: grammar

[edit on 31-7-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

It's not about winning a "debate,"--unfortunately it's about people losing their lives-- and I sincerely hope that things "burn out" for the sake of everyone on this planet

Thanks for providing the link to the newer thread; I hadn't posted in a while, and while I was aware of the high CFRs, it is a thread that I flagged and will keep my eyes on

The more aware and educated we are about this "virus"/bioweapon/?, the better prepared we'll all be.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
double post; apologies

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Some days ago my sister went to the hospital for something not related with the flu, and when she was there she heard two doctors talking about the people that appear everyday with fear of the flu, some sick, some only afraid of being sick, and one of the doctors said to the other that the number of flu cases is the same as usual for the summer flu, nothing special is happening in Portugal.

The updated statistics (from 3 hours ago) say that there is a total of 295 cases since the beginning of May. From all those cases only two remain in the hospital to be under observation but they expect them to be released soon. All other people have returned to their normal lives.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

hahaha, so in your above post you say

"2. Yes, I do care about *all* people who are dying, young or old, and perhaps in time, I will get to more issues/causes on this forum."

But then in the next post which was a response to mine, you say that these aren't valid reasons for death, only a contagious disease is?

Alright, well im glad we cleared that up.

Sonjah's righteous cause checklist:
- Minimal deaths *check*
- Contagious disease *check*
- Ignore all other causes that kill exponentially more people *check*

Alright, well now I am convinced. I must care about these people, and ignore the millions of other people who die every year from a variety of causes. Too bad those bastards didn't have a contagious disease that is less lethal than the seasonal flu - or I may have to care about far too many people.

King loves logic!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Great news, ArMaP...I'm glad you and yours are safe and sound! I had been wondering how things were going for you since I last "heard" from you

It seems Portugal has done great job with taking precautionary measures, compared to other countries. However, it also appears that they want to push the vax on some. Here is a quick link, but your information may be more current than mine given that I'm in the US: www.flutrackers.com...

Thanks for the update, and continued good health throughout this fall/winter

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

"2. Yes, I do care about *all* people who are dying, young or old, and perhaps in time, I will get to more issues/causes on this forum."

But then in the next post which was a response to mine, you say that these aren't valid reasons for death, only a contagious disease is?

I did not say these aren't valid reasons for death,
I only stated that these are false/fallacious correlations with regard to the thread title/content of this virus, (a contagious disease) in this thread. Seriously, do you have to constantly be spoon-fed?

And, as such, you don't have children to worry about, now do you, and thus, the childish behavior on your part
OK. That was a hasty generalization on my part, and I'm not going to stoop to your level any longer.

King loves logic!

He does?!

Then why does King use most of the following, denying the rules of logic:
Non sequitur, including Red herrings like Ad Hominem, Argumentum ad baculum, Argumentum ex silentro? False Dilemma? Correlative Fallacies? Affirm/Deny the consequent?

Might as well mention the other fallacies not associated with the non sequiturs like: straw man? post hoc ergo propter hoc? plurium interrogationum?

LOL, HA! HA! HA!

P.S. You never officially answered my question why post to a thread that you consider irrelevant, and then go to the trouble to look up a OP's posting history? , but the answer lies within the *flaws* in your logic!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

It seems Portugal has done great job with taking precautionary measures, compared to other countries.

That's the more interesting thing about it, we didn't took precautionary measures.

Maybe between 80% and 90% (or even more, I do not have real figures) of the cases are people that came from other countries, with just some 2 or 3 cases of direct transmission inside Portugal.

It may be because Portuguese people do not travel that much, and from what I have heard on the radio, the people that usually have their vacations in foreign countries are choosing the less affected ones.

However, it also appears that they want to push the vax on some.
Another funny thing in Portugal, according to our Constitution, nobody can be forced to go to the hospital (it happened some months ago with a woman that was suspected of having the flu but that did not wanted to go to hospital to make the tests).

In case of a pandemia, the proposed measures do not have legal backing either, so until the law is changed (if it is changed) the state cannot force any special measures over the population unless they decree a "state of calamity", in which, during 15 days, the individual liberties are slightly changed.

That's the result of having had a dictatorship for 48 years, our present Constitution forbids many things and gives us many liberties and rights.

Thanks for the update, and continued good health throughout this fall/winter
Thanks.

I will post some statistics latter.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
H1N1 statistics from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control for July 29.

Data source.

One interesting thing about this report is that it says that numbers for the US "include both probable and confirmed cases". As far as I know the US is the only country using probable cases in their statistics.

PS:As the calculations were made by me and they may be wrong, I have the original spreadsheet for anyone that wants it.

PPS: Sorry for the loooong image, it may be large but it's a small file.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

reply to post by sliceNodice

It's not about winning a "debate,"--unfortunately it's about people losing their lives-- and I sincerely hope that things "burn out" for the sake of everyone on this planet

Thanks for providing the link to the newer thread; I hadn't posted in a while, and while I was aware of the high CFRs, it is a thread that I flagged and will keep my eyes on

The more aware and educated we are about this "virus"/bioweapon/?, the better prepared we'll all be.

Yes, I know it's not about winning the debate... What did you think? - I was sad because the debate didn't turn out in my favor? lol

No. I was sad, because a lot of people are going to die. Especially if the vaccine doesn't work.. eek.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by sliceNodice]

<< 1   >>

join