It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

was michael jackson mentaly handicapped?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
well michael jackson is now dead. some will doubless be overjoyed at this news while others will miss this performer.

i have wondered many times over the years if m.j. was mentaly defficiant in some way, especialy when the stories started about supposid (i say supposid because notheing has ever been proven to my satisfaction), sexual misconduct with minors came out.

just look at his actions that have been reported on and made big news over the years. like when he held the baby over the balcony railing. he couldn't seem to understand what he did wrong.

how many of us have said over the years "there is SOMETHING not right about that guy". i know i have. there was just something that always bothered me about him.

how many times did he speak publicly without being "prepped" beforehand?

what was his facination with children and toys, like the fact he had an amusment park built on his propperty?

i happen to have a cousin who suffers from fetal alcohal syndrom. you would not realize it to look at her. you could even talk to her without realizing it as long as she had some idea about the subject, or you would happen to notice that her vocabulay is a little on the "young" side. i would place her mentaly at about 6 to 8 years old in most instances, yet she is an adult now. guess what she gets along best with children that are about her level and gets left behind as they get older.

this might also explane why he had so much plastic surgery over the years. many people have commented about that. the fact that no NORMAL person would go so far. if he had some mental deficancies it would be rather easy for a "trusted" (by him) person to talk him into it, just explain how it is in his best intrest to do so.

under thease circumstances it would be possible that mabe he did have some impropper relationships, he did hit puberty after all. but if one dosn't have the mental capacity to fully understand it it CAN become a problem. i know thats one concern my family has, it would be so easy to take sexual advantage with her. and remember even reguler people sometimes have problems when hitting puberty, just imagine what it would be like with someone who is mentaly challenged dealing with sexuality.

now many people would say "well if he was handicapped why not just say so"? after all it would have helped him in court ect. WRONG!!! admitting to such a thing would be like proffesional suicide. kids that have learning disabilities are taght A) how to hide there problems, B) how to try to overcome them. and most of these kids are for alll intents and purposes as normal as you and me. would YOU admit to being mentaly challenged if you could hide it?

many would also say that he couldn't be mentaly challenged because he did so well musicaly. well guess what many people who are limmited in one fasion tend to be rather excelant in other areas. just as one of our most renowend and respected thinkers just happens to be rather SEVERLY handycapped. i speak of stephen hawkings who would ague that he isnt at all handicapped or that he isn't amoung the most brillant brains out there?

just look at m.j's actions as if he were a small child or someone known to be handicapped, you might just start to understand what was possibly going on with him.

it IS possible. it is also something that would be a VERRY closely gaurded secret that extreemly few would have actual knowlage of.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by generik]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I just always considered him to be very eccentric.

In fact, musically, I thought he was a genius. I also consider him to be one of the most creative dancers of all time.

You know, no one knows why a person is the way they are. We think we know, but we don't really know.

He was childlike in some ways, but only emotionally, not intellectually.

When you are so completely focused on one area (music) sometimes other areas of development are neglected. Maybe he got stuck in few of those areas.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think that Mr Jackson was very child-like in some regards and wanted to help children and be around children because he didn't really have a childhood of his own. I mean, he was Joe Jacksons meal ticket from the time he was very young. He was physically and emotionally abused growing up. I think he just wanted to be able to try and experience being a child... even if it wasn't a conscious decision.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
There's a very good Louis Theroux documentary where he's trying to get to interview Michael ~

www.youtube.com...

Apparently all of the Jackson siblings had a very hard childhood, the father was abusive and really pushed them all to excel in entertainment, apparently Michael as the most talented of the siblings got picked on the most. My opinion is that, whilst not "officially" handicapped, that his childhood was so traumatic that he spent the rest of his adult life trying to recreate it happily, due to the media, the fact he sold so many records and was such an icon to many, he could never have this.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ummm I think you're getting confused between someone who is mentally handicapped and someone with mental health issues.

Handicapped would mean he is actually impaired in some way, mentally or physically. Having mental health issues is more like depression, schizophrenia or personality disorders.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Mentally handicapped?

I dont think so. He was an Icon, he was controversial, eccentric, he had many things...but most of all, he had a talent that may never be duplicated again.
He was the King of Pop and known all over the world...Sold more records than anyone only one or two people including Elvis and Bing Crosby were ever in that category.

He certainly was not mentally deficinent, not with all that incredible talent.

May he rest in peace.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
According to most people who worked behind the scenes with him, most of his act including his mannerisms, voice and public persona were just an act.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
According to most people who worked behind the scenes with him, most of his act including his mannerisms, voice and public persona were just an act.

I can totally see this. He was all about showmanship. I don't remember the exact situation, but I saw an interview with some other celebrity a few years ago, and he was talking about a time that he was talking to MJ before MJ made a public appearance. Apparently MJ pulled his mask over his face, put his glove on, turned to whomever he was with and said "Razzle dazzle 'em".

new topics

top topics

join