It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pirate Holidays to Really Kill For!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Pirate Holidays to Really Kill For!

www.thesun.co.uk

BLOODTHIRSTY tourists are paying £3,500 a day to join PIRATE-KILLING cruise ships.

They board private yachts secretly armed to the teeth with grenade launchers, AK47 machine guns and rockets.

Then they cruise slowly between Djibouti in Somalia to Mombasa in Kenya hoping to attract the attention of pirates.

If attacked, the Russian tourists - and ex-special forces troops who sail with them - open fire.

Yachtsman Vladimir Mironov said: "They are worse than the pirates - just paying to murder.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Has anybody else heard about this? This just dosn't seem real to me, how can they get away for this? And I hope there isn't anybody here saying this is alright, 'an eye for an eye' kind of thing'.

No matter how criminal, evil and barbaric these pirates are, paying to hunt them down for sport to me is just plain wrong.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If the world didn't treat Somalia like one big world garbage/nuclear waste dump, there wouldn't even be any pirates. And now we're paying £3,500 to kill fellow humans. Wow. Humanity never ceases to amuse, does it?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Consider the source of that article.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Consider the source of that article.

Is it not a reputable website?

I've never even heard of it before today.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveGeneric

Indeed. I read a thread on here about the illegal waste tipping in Somali Waters. I don't condone this discusting behaviour, but that dosn't make what the Soamalis are doing right. The money from the ransom I don't believe benefits tthe affected somali people.

None the less, If This hunting if true, It is unbelievable. The Somalian peopela are getting exploited (in the worse use of the word) once again from rich foreigners with no morality whatsover.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveGeneric

Isn't that the same as the Sun, similar to National Enquirer ?

If not, I apologize.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I know its a Mainstream paper and this IS the only place that I have seen this, and they didn't include a source.. BUT, where would this have come from? It seems so far fetched it is more likely to be true in this sick crazy world we live in today.

Maybe by tomorrow the word of this would have spread and there will be more reports into it. If this is true, I expect it to get BIG public attention.

Plus, The Sun is quite reptuable, well as far the media can be!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
hmmm,,,

interesting thread....

I dont think there actually hunting them down,,,,there more like baiting them...

I thought on this and thats a good ploy..

Ive read where they pull over the pirates and they pretty much release them after the disarm them and there back again and again and agian...
These pirates are big organized scum gang mafia..
they have some 100 hostages already,,,this is a war in a way...

Now if Im in a boat out in the seas threatning to kidnap and comendeer your vessle with my rocket lanchers and ak-47's I should expect to encounter deadly force at times...

I do agree the bait ship should be done by professionals and not turned into a sport..

But I think any ship who encounters them should use deadly force and ask questions later...
I for one,, would not want to spend several months in Somalia as a hostage from these stinky filth..

only problem is that there should be more bait ships,,,,!!!

To many people would cry and light candles here in the US if it were American bait ships doing this,,,

Im definatly not going to loose any sleep over this....!!!.

these pirates will keep hijacking untill they realize,,,,"I could die assualting ships with my machine guns/rockets"....

sorry if I seem cold hearted.....

Amy

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
oh....my god. that is f-ing awesome. granted its probably not true, but if it was...i need to start stocking up on squiggly E looking type things.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Its a Joke

www.somalicruises.com...

"I got three confirmed kills on my last trip. I'll never hunt big game in Africa again. I felt like the Komandant in Schindlers list!" -- Lars , Hamburg Germany
"Six attacks in 4 days was more than I expected. I bagged three pirates and my 12yr old son sank two rowboats with the minigun. PIRATES: 0 - PASSENGERS: 32! Well worth the trip. Just make sure your spotter speaks English" -- Donald, Salt Lake city Utah USA
"I haven't had this much fun since flying choppers in NAM . Don't worry about getting shot by pirates as they never even got close to the ship with those weapons they use and their #ty aim--reminds me of a drunken'juicer' door gunner we picked up from the motor pool back in Nam" -- 'chopper' Dan, Toledo USA.
"Like ducks in a barrel. They turned the ship around and we saw them cry in the water like little girls. Saw one wounded pirate eaten by sharks--what a laugh riot! This is a must do." -- Zeke, Springs Kentucky USA

new topics

top topics

join