It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Health Care Plan: Take the painkiller instead of the surgery!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Barack Obama's health care plan is now coming into focus. He wants to limit (ration) health care to certain segments as a means of trimming costs:

dancleary.typepad.com...

Pull the plug sooner. That should save a boatload on health care costs, according to Barack Obama.

The Los Angeles Times reports:

President Obama suggested at a town hall event Wednesday night that one way to shave medical costs is to stop expensive and ultimately futile procedures performed on people who are about to die and don't stand to gain from the extra care.

In a nationally televised event at the White House, Obama said families need better information so they don't unthinkingly approve "additional tests or additional drugs that the evidence shows is not necessarily going to improve care."

He added: "Maybe you're better off not having the surgery, but taking the painkiller."

Get ready to die at the whim of Barack Obama, America!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
S/F that is pure BS. That is worst thing i have ever heard a president say. Horrible, horrible, horrible. I cannot even describe how bad that is..

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Obama needs this health care reform he needs it so bad that is becoming an obsession.

The bill is flaw with no define goals, first it was going to cost 1 trillion dollars, now is over 1 trillion and by the time it hits congress this bill is going to be another over bloated unsustainable monster.

The bill is been copied from the one proposed by Democratic Senators Edward Kennedy and Chris Dodd, that favor the idea of mandatory health care provided by employers or they will be fine.

This bill will impose about 62,000 dollars to the individual tax payer withing 10 years.

The 40% of the population that doesn't work still will not have health care.

He will have to increase taxes to support this bill as the baby boomers will become a burden very soon to this very risky bill.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
He kind of has a point, even if it isnt going to come out and actually make it. There is a LARGE ratio of people who will go to the doctor for anything, and I mean anything. The stubbed their toe? Well, better get some x-rays and the most popular meds.

If the state is paying for it, it better be warranted and actually needed, if you ask me anyways. Its not that hard to stay healthy. I know for a fact Im going to get flammed and people will say, "but im to unhealthy to exercise," I hear it on the board all the time.

Well maybe if they hadnt been sitting on their butts all their lives then maybe they would see that its ISNT someone else's fault they are unhealthy.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The more I read about the Obama health plan the more I figure it is going to be worse the the Canadian system and the British system. More like the old 80's soviet system.

"I'm sorry about your child needing this intibator to breath but Comrade Pelosi was just brought in and is breathing poorly from her stair climb. Your child will be disconnected so she can have her machine."

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have said time and time again that I am not against healthcare for all. I am just a firm believer that what the government is currently proposing is too costly, unsustainable, and in the end will still not insure every American. I also feel it will severely ration the type of care we get.

As for Obama's cost saving measures, I wonder if he would feel the same if it was one of his love ones facing the situation he describes.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

If I have a private health care and pay my fees then I will go see the doctor any time I feel out of my butt to see it.

That is why I have a private insurance.

Why do I have to be forced to pay with my taxes for health care so you or somebody else can have it free.

Nobody is paying for mine.

See the point, then you will gladly allow the bureaucracy to chose if you live or die?

Hum, something is not right here.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If that last line doesn't point out to people what kind of person he is, I don't know what will.

He's starting to remind me of the hooded executioner. To think that he could have any say in what kind of healthcare a person receives is scary.

Thanks anyway Mr. Obama, but I'll keep my private healthcare and you can keep the painkillers.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Ironically, the Kennedy-Dodd bill specifically exempts the Congress from participating in this new 'system'. They, of course, will continue to enjoy superior health care.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Oh yeah, Im the same way. I had health coverage at work for about 6 months, then someone decided the economy was bad all over the world so that was the first to go, among many other things.

I pay through the nose for my BCBS "Plan", but i havent stepped foot inside a doctors office for years. a few of my friends have been run through the system and have found out the hard way that something like a broken arm can EASILY cost more than three grand with no coverage.

I think any HMO plan that includes body modifications such as UNNEEDED plastic surgery should be re evaluated.

I hate to even bring it up, but the majority of all your collected taxes goes to others. Healthcare is only a fraction of the pie.

whos to say who is truly in need? Well im not going to touch that one with a ten foot pole....

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

Plastic surgery or "selected surgery" is not covered by most major insurance companies unless is related to life issues as Obesity.

I don't believe that politics should play a role on how people are to be receiving their medical care in this nation.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

As usual the "royalty" in the nation is exempt from the suffering of the populace and commoners.

Isn't that the way that it has been for decades?

top topics

join