It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cap and Tax Fiction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The vote will go down within a few hours, we're told. Typical for them to do it late on a Friday...

Call your congressman right now and urge them not to vote for this! To find out whou your congrescritter is, go here.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If this does become law, buy GE stock, they stand to make trillions along with al-the-gore.........

This was pushed back in 92? as the "BTU" tax and again with ENRON's backing recently...

Global warming regulation hit the big stage this week, as the Senate proceeded to debate on the energy-regulation-and-subsidies bill known as Lieberman-Warner. The bill’s other names include “America’s Climate Security Act” and “S.2151,” but it includes so much of the big-government favoritism and regulatory profiteering desired by one former energy giant, it should probably be dubbed “The Enron Bill.”

Enron is not alive today to profit from the artificial markets, subsidies and other goodies in the measure aptly dubbed “the largest pork bill ever” by Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., but its spirit persists, embodied in today’s leading regulatory robber barons, General Electric, Alcoa and others.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

I think we are too late to effect the vote in the House. This is going to rammed through thanks to Pelosi and friends. We need to concentrate our efforts on the Senate. I am assuming they will be voting on this next week sometime. Get the word out, if this bill passes it will just put the final nail in the coffin of the American economy.

To be honest I am losing hope, this bill will most likely be passed. I have been talking to people at work about this and they are all brainwashed.
Some of the replies I get. "You're just fear mongering, Obama said the cost will be minimal to the average family"
"This is a great idea it will force America to move to alternate energy sources". "It is long overdue".

I have tried to explain to people that this bill will do nothing but increase the cost of everything. Energy, good, clothes, cars, etc. will cost more. How will there be any incentive to move to alternate energy sources if all the energy companies have to do is pass the extra cost to the consumer?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
We receive a publication called Oklahoma Living every month from our electric coop. They published a chart showing showing an example of a $50 per metric ton of co2 impact on co-op residential bills. Our electric bill would increase by 46%!!!!! A $20 per metric ton of co2 impact on co-op residential bills would make an increase of 19%.

Either way, we're going to be hit hard. It's going to be a struggle to come up with the extra money. I know we're not the only ones that are struggling to make ends meet right now. I feel for the folks that are on a fixed income.

Unfortunately, these charts aren't in the online version but, there is a piece that's worth reading by the general manager of OAEC.

www.ok-living.coop...

Hope and change.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The vote is in 10 minutes, so call your congressman RIGHT NOW.

Here are the numbers

Here too

U.S. Capitol Switchboard -- (202) 224-3121

Democratic Cloak Room -- (202) 225-7330

Republican Cloak Room -- (202) 225-7350

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i do the email thing to congress. got one through yesterday but not today. seem to have crashed the server. i wonder what the majority of emails say?
ya think its VOTE NO?

I'll now start on my senators. won't help. they are beyond reason now.

and it's true that the obama believers still think he's a nice guy and wouldn't do anything that might cause harm. he's gonna help us.

this is so cruel and vicious to impoverish the american public for political reasons.

isn't it against some law or other to pass bills without reading them? it surely is treason. can't they be stopped on that basis?

[edit on 26-6-2009 by earlywatcher]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wonder if it passed.

They obviously rushed the vote before more people were able to read about it.
I'm sick and tired of our so called leaders passing things thru without having read the entire doc.
They need to take the pledge or suffer the consequences.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm starting to like this John Boehner guy from Ohio. Not one of them has read a page of the bill and he is calling them all out on it.

House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) slowed Democrats’ attempt to pass a sweeping climate-change legislation Friday evening, reading page-by-page through a 300-page Democratic amendment before allowing a roll call vote.

House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Henry Waxman (D-Calif.), one of the bill’s sponsors, interrupted Boehner’s filibuster with a parliamentary inquiry as to whether there was any limit to how long the Ohio Republican could speak – and suggested that he was hoping to talk so long that member might leave before the vote. “It’s the custom of the House to hear the leader’s remarks,” replied Tauscher, who looking apologetic as Republicans applauded.

“Reclaiming my time,” Boehner said, “the gentleman’s had his 30 years to put this bill together. And the House is going to spend a whopping five hours debating the most profound piece of legislation to come to this floor in 100 years. And the chairman has the audacity to drop a 300-plus page amendment in the hopper at 3:09 a.m. this morning. And so I would ask my colleagues, don’t you think the American people expect us to understand what’s in this bill before we vote on it?”

Read more:
www.politico.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What is the status of this bill?

What can the average citizen do to ensure basic necessities are met under this bill after it is implemented?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I emailed all the members of the House rep's and senators for Florida. And I have lost faith in both Dem and Rep's actually voting thier constituents. As I recieved a response from virtually everyone of them, both parties sent me a form letter response claiming how this legislation will make our lives better and that they intended to vote yes. They have been paid off here in Florida and probably in many other states. So sit back relax and watch Pelosi and Waxman put on thier gloves for the double fisting we are about to recieve. For our own good of course.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by djvexd]

[edit on 6-7-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

pretty much the same everywhere. i got the same kind of emails from the oregon people. they probably have a form email supply center for the elected officials

our elected officials totally do not represent their constituents any more. they are off on some fantast trip of their own. don't know if they are really deluded or paid off or threatened. all the same. they have sold us down the river.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yup, thisi s jsut like the $700 billion bailout..seems like everyones states reps said they had no choice...and here we are hearing the same tune, with different lyrics all over again...YES yuo did havea choice, and yuo chose to turn yuor backs on your state citzens. I knew this was gunna happen...
For those that vote, this is good, casue when eelction time comes around VOTE THESE SAME MORONS OUT

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Gerald Celente speaks on Cap and Trade and other handicaps to the US economy

www.youtube.com...

Peter Schiff - Cap and Trade Bill Is A Giant Tax on Productivity

www.youtube.com...

Warren Buffett Slams "Cap and Trade" as a Regressive Tax on All Americans

www.youtube.com...

I went to lunch with a girlfriend last week. She told me her husband was in China looking at land to build a plant for his company. He works for a company that makes metal pipes. He is very worried about what the Cap and Trade will do to industry in the States. What little manufacturing we have left will move to other countries.

These politicians that are raping us may not make it out alive given the seriousness of this issue. Like Gerald Celente says: "When people lose everything, they lose it.". My guess/prediction, is they are going to lose it in the direction of those who stole it from them. They better get used to watching their backs.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

Not my home state say it is not so! you would think that oregon would have voted no this is a sad sad day

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

oregon is a very blue state, at least the part where most of the people are. deeply faithful to the obama regime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join