It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God an Alien?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Is God an alien? Give me a break! God is God! He is the creator!. Is He a n alien - NO - He is God! What is so hard about believing in God vs. believing in an alien? Folks, spend some time off the boards - go to CHURCH! Hear something that is real!

Alrighty then, God is God, that's saying a whole lot!First of all, thinking that God is automatically a man is, is a typical white male dominating and dogmatic way of thinking.Not to single you out, but most of society thinks so also.But going to church, is not all that it is cracked up to be.If you truly believe Jesus, you know that the house of God lies within, and not at a church, while some guy is hooting and hollering about something he really doesn't understand himself!What is the differnece between God and Aliens?I don't think ANYONE, could tell me.Not saying one is the other, but that it is more complicated than we currently understand.Oh by the way, Preest, you are a funny CHARACTER!

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
by the pure christian definition of alien, as someone has already stated, god is an alien. because he does not live on earth but in heaven. jesus left to build his kingdom in heaven. i am not trying to simplify this to the point to where you hop on the 11:15 space shuttle to the heavenly kingdom. i believe that heaven is infinite and is big enough to accomadate all of god's creations and all of their decisions, and that the choice is yours. by mere space travel you would not be able to reach the location of god's throne. it would take the experiences of a more complete spiritual journey the human mind cannot fully comprehend.

there is no garuntee that our immediate creator/creators or engineer is god; personally, i doubt that they were. I do believe in a God, and in the power faith in Jesus, due to personal experiences. aliens are much easier to comprehend than god by simply looking at the immense diversity on our little planet and the endless vastness of space. God is bigger than the bible, our solar system, and to great for our human minds to fully understand. atleast he is for my mind, and most others, but i believe that we as humans can get alot closer than the majority does to the Truth.

i am still looking for the bible verse about the fireball crashing on the mountain; i heard the story numerous times in church growing up and again a couple year ago when i read TextThe Gods of Eden, and referenced the bible to see if the verse he quoted corelated to what he was saying and it did, althought i did some of the other bible verses that the author quoted where not the correct verses.

[Edited on 5/8/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhova
Preest, you are a funny CHARACTER!
Stick to the topic.

Originally posted by RedHerring
I will post that for you soon
It shouldn't take long for you to translate if you're familiar with it. 20 years of study should come in handy.

Feel free to post the translation in the next day.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Eagerly awaits RedHerrings translation.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
......................*yawn*..............still waiting for that translation. Jeez, 20 years of research in proto-Sumerian/Akkadian and this still isn't answered?

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Preest
......................*yawn*..............still waiting for that translation. Jeez, 20 years of research in proto-Sumerian/Akkadian and this still isn't answered?

Shut your punk a$$ up and do the research yourself!

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Preest, this text has nothing to do with this thread.
Also each city state has it's own variations in usage,
You did not supply the source of the find.
Moreover not all of the glyphs are readable.
I have cuneiform pro 6.0
and the cuniform dictionary both for windows.
however I'm sure your friend knows that these programs do not translate weather fractives in archaic Babaylonian.
This is a transitional text incorporating different period signs. This said briefly it deals with a field or crop survey of 30 fields and talks about the weather and it's relationship to the crop. rain and rejoicing. the ruler listed in the second tablet is illegible.But contains a shu-syllabic componant.
it also makes reference to his dexterous hands.
at least post a relevent text for translation.
all my time is not my own.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Taking into consideration Sitchin's work, the established translations thus far, biblical lore,
verified historical contexts, I came up with some
preliminary findings of my own. It's a bit convulted as it was hard to weed through so much material and explain what my mind was translating it all to mean, but here's a first effort, as it relates to the Flood of Noah's day. I post it here because, in the process of explaining the Flood lore, I also describe some important details as they pertain to Sitchin's translations of the sumerian cuneiform and his subsequent "theories" and "hypotheses". I also touch on how the information clarifies that Elohim is not of the Annunaki. To establish his theories, Sitchin had mistakenly attributed creation to Enki as a solitary male "god", but this is incorrect bearing in mind the same texts, as Enki was derived from the much earlier "An" and "Ki" worship - the two being condensed in sumerian history, into one "god" named "Enki" (or Enki-Ea as the creator god). In addition, he mistakenly attributes the Annunaki with exceedingly long life and therefore "godhood". This is wrong, in my opinion, as the Book of Enoch appears to clearly outline the arrival of the Annunaki, and this does not predate the story of creation but actually comes several generations AFTER Adam, in the days of Jared. So without further ado, my amateurish attempt to unravel all this information:

To establish the truth and originality of the Flood of Noah, I will be providing information from several extra biblical sources, as well as from the bible itself.

First let's establish the players in this ancient drama:

ELOHIYM.
The Sons of God.
The Nephilim or Fallen Down Ones.
The Anakim Nephilim.
An.
Enki.
Enlil.
The Annunaki.
Adam and his descendants, including Noah.
The Antediluvian Sumerian Kings.
The Egyptians.
The Canaanites.
The Sumerians.
The Chinese.

Secondly, let's establish the arena in which these events transpired:

Heaven.
Mesopatamia - The Garden of Eden.
Mesopatamia - Sumer:

Sumer - Shuruppak
Sumer - Ur
Sumer - Uruk
Sumer - Accad (Akkad)
Sumer - Eridu
Sumer - Kishi (Kish)
Sumer - Lagash
Sumer - Mari
Sumer - Nippur
Sumer - Sippur
Mt. Ararat.
Mt. Nimush.

Egypt.
Kush.
Canaan.

The Antediluvian Timetable of Mesopatamian Civilization

Ubaid 5000-3500 B.C.
Uruk 3500-3100 B.C.
Jemdet Nasr 3100-2900 B.C.
Early Dynastic I-III 2900-2350 B.C.

The Antediluvian Timetable of Ancient Egyptian Civilization:

Predynastic until 3000
Archaic 3000 -- 2700
OLD KINGDOM 2700 -- 2200

The Antediluvian Timetable of Nubia Civilization:

3000 to 2350

The Antediluvian Timetable of Chinese Civilization:

2637 to 2350

The Antediluvian Timetable of Indian (India) Civilization:

3000 to 2350

-----------------------------

Two different and distinct religions arose out of earliest civilization: The younger and more prevalent religion of Sumer, AN-ENKI-ENLIL, and the older religion of Adam and his descendants based on ELOHIYM. The stories surrounding these figures leads one to believe that Elohiym was in fact modelled after the Sumerian triumverate of An-Enki-Enlil, however, this was not the case.

"An" (a male god), "Ki" (a female goddess) and "Enlil" (a lesser male god) figure prominently in the Sumerian stories. "Enki" doesn't spring into existence until later when he becomes both "An" and "Ki" combined, phasing out worship of "An" and "Ki" as separate entities and removing Ki goddess worship from the triumverate entirely. From thereon, Enki and Enlil, both males, are two of the premiere gods of Sumeria. The triumverate godhead is no more. An and Enlil were not Elohiym, in fact, none of them were GOD or GODS, but Sons of God, as I am about to establish.

Enki [An and Ki] was considered the god of magic [An] and creation [An and Ki], while Enlil was considered the lesser god and Prince of the Air. Biblically and extra-biblically, this places them and their offspring in a precarious position. The Enki's danger, regardless if he is in the form of An, An and Ki or just the Enki, is the practice of magic. Enlil's danger is his position as the Prince of the Air. An-Ki-Enki's stories are better told in The Book of Enoch - The Watchers Chapter 6:

1 And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters.

2 And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men

3 and beget us children.' And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not

4 indeed agree to do this deed, and

I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations

5 not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves

6 by mutual imprecations upon it.

And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn

Chapter 7

1 And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms

2 and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. And they

3 became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed

4 all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against

5 them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and

6 fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

-----------------------

These were some of the key religious figures of Sumeria, encompassing the An-Ki-Enlil legend, as well as the Enki-Enlil legend, and the famed Annunaki. In fact, they can be traced down to the Nephilim and Anakim Nephilim, the offspring of the fallen angels of biblical lore as well as Pseudepigraphical books like the Book of Enoch, the Book of Giants, and the Sumerian Epic of Gilgamesh.

The Bible refers to Nephilim as the Sons of God, translated this means ANGELS and not just any angels but FALLEN Angels. Zecharia Sitchin translates this fallen nature to mean "those who came from the sky to the earth", et.al, fell from the sky. These same were the Annunaki, later known as the devil and his angels. When they came to the Earth and defiled the human gene pool, they were eventually cast into a supernatural prison (the abyss, the pit) when Christ resurrected, and their first antediluvian hybrid offspring called the Nephilim and the Anakim were destroyed in the Flood by Elohiym.

If the ancient Sumerian tale were true, then Elohiym would've been imprisoning Himself and killing his own offspring. Or to put it in the Sumerian, the Enki [An and Ki] and Enlil would've been locking themselves up and bumping off their kids.

The stories of ancient Sumeria were not fables, they were real events, twisted into half truths and lies, perpetrated against humanity by "fallen" angels and their Nephilim offspring who saw humanity as a veritable smorgasboard. Gilgamesh is one of the Nephilim offspring of the Annunaki. The Nephilim were described as "heroes of old" based on popular stories and tales, thusly the scripture in Genesis 6: There were Nephilim in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.

The Enki or An and Ki, as CREATOR(s) gods, was the biggest problem of them all, since the only creating that took place was sex between angels and humans that resulted in the pollution of the human gene pool by angelic beings [or as Sitchin would have you believe, "Aliens"]. This is why it says Noah was perfect in his generations. His gene pool had not been polluted by the Annunaki. His family line was the only one that hadn't participated in the fallen angel orgy, as it were, from the time the Annunaki arrived on the planet. I propose to prove that An-Ki and Enlil [the Annunaki] didn't arrive on the planet at all until the sixth generation of Adam, after which they began to corrupt the human and animal genome and the planet as well.

And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn

Now if this wasn't enough to confuse you completely, let's move on to how this applies to the Flood story. The Ancient Sumerian Kings list is in fact the generations leading up to Noah from Adam.

1. Alulim (Adam)
2. Alalgar (Seth)
3. Kidunnu (Enosh)
4. Alimma (Kenan)
5. Enmenluanna (Mahalalel)
6. Dumuzi (Jared)
7. Ensipazianna (Enoch)
8. Enmenduranna (Methuselah)
9. Sukurlam (Lamech)
10. Ziusudra (Noah)

The introduction of the Annunaki (An and Enlil] to the human genome via Ki and Ninlil, did not occur until Jared's generation (see the 6th Sumerian King). This means An and Enlil and the other Sumerian gods are not the real Gods of Creation known as Elohiym, but the Annunaki fallen angels who descended to Earth during Jared's generation and really screwed things up. The story of the real God of Creation preceeded the Annunaki story by many, MANY years according to the ancient texts, in the days of Alulim (Adam), the first king of the Sumer city, Eridu.

Enlil has a particularly bad spot in the history books since his Sumerian appelation as the Princely god of the Air, is shared with only one other entity in scripture. I'll give you three guesses who that other entity is....

It isn't necessary to generate new archaeological evidence specific to Noah because he was the King of Shuruppak (a city of Sumer) when the Flood began. The evidence is already there! If you're looking at Sumer, you're looking at Noah's and his predecessors. But since I know you won't take my word for it, let's look at the bible again and go for a little walk over to ancient Egypt.

The New World Translation of Genesis 10: 10 discusses the story of Nimrod briefly:

10 And the beginning of his kingdom came to be Ba'bel and E'rech and Ac'cad and Cal'neh, in the land of Shi'nar.

The Akkadians called their predecessors Shukmerians, and spoke of the Land of Shumer.
"It was, in fact, the biblical Land of Shin'ar. It was the land whose name - Shumer - literally meant the Land of the Watchers to the ancient Egyptians. It was indeed the Egyptian Ta Neter - Land of the Watchers, the land from which the gods had come to Egypt. [Zecharia Sitchin, Stairway to Heaven]

The dictionary defines it thus:

Shinar

SYLLABICATION: Shi�nar
PRONUNCIATION: shnr, -n�r
In the Bible, a country on the lower courses of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

In the Egyptian Book of the Dead there are prayers for deliverance from the Watchers (Tchatcha, the princes of Osiris) , who came from Ta-Ur, the "Far Away Land." Ta-Ur is Ur in Sumeria!

It's interesting to note here that the passage says "From which the gods had come to Egypt." Remember, the Annunaki [Sons of God - et.al. Angels, and in the case of the Annunaki, FALLEN angels] had not been imprisoned yet. Satan and his cohorts were still intermingling and interfering with the human species on a massive scale. Oh no, this was not over yet! The Flood had only succeeded in wiping out the Nephilim who had been born since the days of Jared, the battle was won but the war wasn't over.

Another interesting note is the fact the Egyptians felt they needed to be delivered FROM the gods of Sumeria who had come to their land. The egyptians were praying to be SAVED from Tchatcha, the princes of Osiris. Literally, they were praying for deliverance from the Sons of God - not deliverance BY - but FROM! What is wrong with this picture?! You're about to find out.

Right about now you might be asking yourself why would the Annunaki want to continue to manipulate humanity and the human gene pool? - Answer: Jesus' generations [genetics] had to be as pure as Noah's in order for his sacrifice to be legitimate and the Annunaki were not interested in the salvation of humanity, but the destruction of it. There could be no Annunaki blood in Jesus - he had to be completely human, genetically, but supernaturally a Son of God in order for his sacrifice to be perfect covering of human sins. His birth HAD to be the result of YHVH Elohiym's supernatural intervention and not the result of sexual relations between angelic beings and humans. What the original Sons of God (Annunaki) had botched up completely, Jesus was going to provide a permanent fixative for.

Anyway, back to Noah. According to the Sumerian tale, the boat comes to rest on Mt. Nimush, which is today Pir Omar Gudrun by Kirkuk, Iraq in the Kurdish region, a 9000 ft. mountain of the ELBURZ MOUNTAINS (or Alborz). Just a short way off from Pir Omar Gudrun you can see, Mt. Ararat. The entire mountain region was probably known in Noah's time by its highest peak, Mt. Ararat, which is 16946 ft, the tallest mountain in Turkey and among the tallest in the world.

After the flood, the Annunaki began their mischief anew. As a result the Nephilim sprung up once more and became affiliated with an entire branching network of genetically altered humans. Among these are the Rephaim (Weakeners), who are themselves the basis for the Vampire myths - these same are called the unresurrectable and the undead because their souls were unresurrectable, whereas humans were resurrectable provided they didn't intermingle with the Annunaki or their offspring Nephilim. The Gibborim, giant Heroes, such as Goliath and the race of Philistines, are also of the Nephilim.

Today, most UFO-ologists refer to the Annunaki as Aliens and claim that the Annunaki are once again loose on the planet, wreaking genetic havoc on our race by abducting women and impregnating them with hybrids. This is, in reality, demonic abductions carried out by the Annunaki. But why? Jesus has already beaten the rap for the human race, there's no battle left to win ....or is there?

Establishing the Timeframe for the arrival of the Annunaki to the Earth.

Two major events happened simultaneously -

1) Human civilization sprung up across the globe
2) The Annunaki arrive on the planet.

According to our current dating methods, the earliest civilization was in Sumer (Sumeria, Shinar, Land of the Watchers). It was here that the Annunaki first descended to the planet. Not much later other civilizations sprung up almost immediately and simultaneously in various places:

The Antediluvian Timetable of Mesopatamian Civilization

Ubaid 5000-3500 B.C.
Uruk 3500-3100 B.C.
Jemdet Nasr 3100-2900 B.C. Annunaki arrive
Early Dynastic I-III 2900-2350 B.C.

The Antediluvian Timetable of Ancient Egyptian Civilization:

Predynastic until 3000
Archaic 3000 -- 2700 Annunaki arrive
OLD KINGDOM 2700 -- 2200

The Antediluvian Timetable of Nubia Civilization:

3000 to 2350 Annunaki arrive

The Antediluvian Timetable of Chinese Civilization:

2637 to 2350 Annunaki arrive

The Antediluvian Timetable of Indian (India) Civilization:

3000 to 2350 Annunaki arrive

The key word here is civilization. Prior to this time, humans were pretty much nomadic and uncivilized. With the influx of the Annunaki, we were taught the practices of warfare, medicine, weaponry, magic, architecture, writing, languages, religion, etc. What had once been a fairly uneventful and sedate life of food gathering and wandering, turned into a complex, organized system of cities with libraries and alphabets and languages and astrological charts, etc. The ancient Sumerians had established not just a language, but a specialized language - one for males, one for females. You had to learn, not just one language, but two, in order to communicate with one another.

This occured, as you can see from the above Antediluvian Timetables, almost simultaneously in places that were separated from each other by thousands of miles. As I indicated in the Circle of the Earth thread, it occured in a ring around the entire planet, along which not only did civilization and writing spring up, but various MAJOR religions did as well. The world's first known written languages, Egyptian Hieroglyphics and Sumerian Cuneiform, were also developed along this line of ancient sites. The Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Brahman and Buddhist religions, as well as ancient Egyptian and Peruvian religions, also sprang up along this line.

The Book of Enoch outlines this sudden arrival of civilization:

wesley.nnu.edu...

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhova
Shut your punk a$$ up and do the research yourself!
It was a challenge. Take your medication. I already told you before I won't be your friend...there's no need to obsess over it, just move on.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Preest, this text has nothing to do with this thread.
Also each city state has it's own variations in usage,
You did not supply the source of the find.
Moreover not all of the glyphs are readable.
I have cuneiform pro 6.0
and the cuniform dictionary both for windows.
however I'm sure your friend knows that these programs do not translate weather fractives in archaic Babaylonian.
This is a transitional text incorporating different period signs. This said briefly it deals with a field or crop survey of 30 fields and talks about the weather and it's relationship to the crop. rain and rejoicing. the ruler listed in the second tablet is illegible.But contains a shu-syllabic componant.
it also makes reference to his dexterous hands.
at least post a relevent text for translation.
all my time is not my own.
I figured you used some type of Sumerian dictionary or translation program. Guess those 20 years of study and fluency in proto-Sumerian/Akkadian really didn't come in handy. If it did you could have easily translated this example without needing a source and you would have definitely put me to shame.

You've proven you don't have any real knowledge in the language you claimed earlier to be well versed in and that was all I was hoping to discover.

Discovery made. Thanks for your time.

[Edited on 5-16-2004 by Preest]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
just tell me where the original text was found know it all and I will give you an acurate syllabic translation and my version of what it says.
you intentionally missed the point.
Variations, within city states and dialects.
No translations are made without a point of origonal findings.
This is complex for anyone, even a proffessor.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Well, supposedly the catholic church has many unshown texts stashed away and will not disclose them. Anyway, the Bible I do not feel has been translated accurately. Actually, I heard that the origional hebrew used the word Elohim and the translation is God. From what I have read, that means Gods, not God.

I do not feel that it matters, it is the concept of God that counts in the first place. Ok, what if the God mentioned in the oble is only an alien that created us. It still should not change what we feel in our hearts of what God is. I mean the alien would have to die sometime. You will not visit the Alien when you are dead, you will still go to God. So, for Christians or any religion it still takes nothing away from a spiritual finding. We would just have been thinking of a different God than the main one.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
In a September 22nd, 2002 speech to visiting Christian Zionists, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon asserted, "This land is ours... God gave us the title deeds..." However, recent scholarly research, including discoveries by an archaeological team from the University of Tel Aviv, not only deconstruct the Biblical Old Testament and Torah stories upon which this claim rests, but grant previously unthinkable credence to an ancient historian's claim that the Israelites of Exodus were actually the Hyksos, and therefore of Asiatic origin.

To trace the foundations of this ongoing Biblical bonfire, we must go back to 1999.

All hell broke loose in Israel in November of that year when Prof. Ze'ev Herzog of Tel Aviv University announced: "the Israelites were never in Egypt, did not wander the desert, did not conquer the land, and did not pass it on to the twelve tribes". Moreover, the Jewish God YHWH had a female consort - the goddess Asherah!

His conclusion that the kingdom of David and Solomon was at best a small tribal monarchy, at worst total myth, has made enemies for him in the camps of traditional Jewish and Christian belief systems. He asserts: all evidence demonstrates that the Jews did not adopt monotheism until the 7th Century BCE - a heresy according to the Biblical tradition dating it to Moses at Mount Sinai.

Tel Aviv University's archaeological investigation at Megiddo and examination of the six-sided gate there dates it to the 9th Century BCE, not the 10th Century BCE claimed by the 1960's investigator Yigael Yadin who attributed it to Solomon. Herzog, moreover, states that Solomon and David are "entirely absent in the archaeological record".

In addition, Herzog's colleague, Israel Finkelstein, claims the Jews were nothing more than nomadic Canaanites who bartered with the city dwellers.

The team's studies concluded that Jerusalem did not have any central status until 722 BCE with the destruction of its northern rival Samaria.

However, the real bombshell is Herzog's discovery of numerous references to Yahweh having a consort in the form of Asherah. Inscriptions, written in Hebrew by official Jewish scribes in the 8th century BCE, were found in numerous sites all over the land. For Yahweh, supposedly the "One God", to have had a female consort and, of all people, the goddess Asherah, is dynamite of wide ranging significance.

The Secret Identity of Yahweh

The use of Yahweh as the name of God has always fuelled speculation and philosophical argument. YHWH, sometimes pronounced Jehovah, is taken to mean "I AM" or "I AM WHO I AM". There is also the puzzle of the rule that his mysterious real name is not to be spoken.

The identification of the goddess Asherah (Asherat) as His consort somewhere within the original Jewish faith leads to some explosive conclusions about the identity of the Jewish/Christian God of the Cosmos, the one Monotheistic God with whom we are so familiar from western religion.

But before looking at Asherah, and what she means to the identity of Yahweh, it is worth taking a look at another goddess, Ashteroth. Her significance will become evident a little later. Referred to as an "abomination" in 2 Kings, Ashteroth was an important deity in the Near East pantheons.

To the Sumerians she was IN.ANNA (Anu's beloved) and is an important character in the Sumerian Epics.to Eygpt Isis, To the Assyrians and Babylonians she was Ishtar; Ashtoreth was her name for the Canaanites; to the Greeks - Aphrodite; the Romans - Venus. The most important equivalent however is the Egyptian goddess Hathor, who the Greeks identified with Aphrodite. Hathor was the wife of Horus, the God of War. Hathor is identified with the symbol of the cow, and statues of her in the 26th Dynasty (572 - 525 BC) in Egypt actually depict her as a cow also known to the sumers as Nanhirsag.

Asherah, (whose name means "she who walks in the sea") supposedly consort of the supreme god El, was also referred to as Elath (the goddess). According to the Ugarit tradition, whose clay tablets contain the earliest known alphabet, she was consort of El, and mother of seventy gods. She is also associated with Baal and is supposed to have interceded to her husband, the supreme god, on Baal's behalf, for the building of a palace - in order to grant him equal status with other gods.

In the cuniform tablets of Ras Shamrah (Circa 1400 BCE) the head of the Pantheon was El; his wife was Asherat-of-the-sea (Asherah). After El, the greatest god was Baal, son of El and Asherah. Curiously, Baal's consort is his mother, Asherah. In the Lebanon traditions Baal is equated with Jupiter.

Carvings of Asherah in Syria show her wearing Egyptian head-dress. She was also referred to later as "the cow" - a reference to her great age.

Significantly, Baalat (an important Goddess at Byblos) is depicted in carvings as having cow's horns, between which is a halo. Baalat is in fact the form of Asherah when she appears alongside Baal.

But what does this say about the identity of Yahweh? The Bible has always presented a confusing picture of Yahweh. In the light of Herzog's discoveries and conclusions that Yahweh's consort was Asherah, it deserves a closer examination.

Exodus 6:3 states "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by [the name of] God Almighty (El Shaddai), but by my name "I AM" was I not known to them." In the King James Version, "I AM" is translated as Jehovah (Yahweh) but means the same: "I AM". The use of "God Almighty" is a traditional translation of Shaddai, thought to have meant "Omnipotent", but arguably it could be linked to the Akkadian root word Shadu, meaning literally "mountains".

And El Shaddai is only one of the versions of God described in Genesis. El Shaddai literally translated means, "God the one of the mountains", but there was also El Olam (God the everlasting one) El Elyon (God most high) El Ro'i (God of vision).

The obvious question is, why did YHWH reveal himself to the patriarchs as El Shaddai? The answer lies in the religious traditions of Canaan, where Abraham is said to have lived for a time, and which were brought to Canaan by the Phoenicians. (In turn, the root of Phoenician religious tradition is Sumer).

God-the-one-of-the-mountains has a Sumerian equivalent. ISH.KUR, the youngest son of Enlil, means God the one of the far mountains. Ishkur was also known as Adad or Hadad in Hebrew, brother of Nannar/Sin, and was the pre-eminent God of Canaan - El-Shaddai.

According to biblical scholars who focus on the "P Source" for the old testament, Yahweh as a name is first used with Moses in Exodus, and is indicative of monolatory (exclusive worship of one of many Gods) rather than monotheism. The name Yahweh can also be translated as "I am who I am", literally a way of saying "mind your own business", a way of disguising his true identity. Yahweh does not appear until Exodus and, strangely, the god Baal is entirely absent in Genesis.

(El Shaddai is still venerated in the Jewish faith in the form of the Teffilin, one of two small leather cube-shaped cases containing Torah Texts, traditionally to be worn by males from the age of 13. The Teffilin are worn in a manner to represent the letters shin, daleth, and yod, which together form the name Shaddai.)

In Exodus 33:2 it states "And I will send an angel before thee; and I will drive out the Canaanite, the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite:
33:3 Unto a land flowing with milk and honey: for I will not go up in the midst of thee; for thou [art] a stiffnecked people: lest I consume thee on the way."

This Yahweh is prone to violence and seems to despise his chosen people. He is a perfect match for ISH.KUR (Hadad), whose land is occupied by the Amorites and Hittites, and is a known demonstrator of violence and contempt for his worshipers.

ISH.KUR's image, traits, and symbols match those of Baal. He is also anti-Babylon and anti-Egypt, as is Yahweh. And like Yahweh's, the real name of the Canaanite Baal (Hadad) must not be spoken.

On the basis of Herzog's discovery, the evidence within the Bible itself, the Sumerian, Phoenician and Canaanite traditions, the following is a logical conclusion and solution to the identity of the Jewish God of the Old Testament: ISH.KUR = Hadad = El Shaddai = Baal = Yahweh. (The Canaanite's Baal was also known as Moloch, who we will examine later.)

This indicates, as does Herzog's work, that the Jewish people evolved from polytheism to monotheism with the promotion of a god who had been known by a variety of names, into one supreme God, Yahweh (whose real name must not be spoken), and that they adopted for this purpose, not the supreme God of the Pantheons, El, but his son - ISH.KUR, Baal, Hadad, El-Shaddai, an entity who was in open revolt against his father El, and ultimately aided in this revolt by his mother and consort, Asherah, (also known as Baalat, Ashteroth, Elat).

This female entity was later merged by Greek and Roman traditions into Aphrodite and Venus, and known earlier to the Egyptians as Isis.

Once we understand this, the etymology of the name Israel - Is (either Isis or tomb) Ra (Head of the Egyptian Pantheon) El (Lord - Baal) - makes far more obvious sense than the convoluted "Yisrael" yarn from the Hebrew faith.

The Hyksos

Like Herzog, the historian Josephus (c. 37CE - c. 100CE) denied the account of the Hebrews being held in captivity in Egypt, but he went a drastic step further about the racial origins of the Jews, whom he identified with the Hyksos. He further claimed they did not flee from Egypt but were evicted due to them being leprous.

It must be said that Josephus has been vilified over the ages as a Roman collaborator by both Jewish and Christian scholars who have argued that the dating of the exodus of the "Hebrews" from Egypt in the Bible positively rules out their identification as Hyksos.

However, Jan Assmann, a prominent Egyptologist at Heidelberg University, is quite positive in his writings that the Exodus story is an inversion of the Hyksos expulsion and furthermore that Moses was an Egyptian.

Likewise, Donald P. Redford, of Toronto University, presents striking evidence that the Expulsion of the Hyksos from Egypt was inverted to construct the exodus of the Hebrew slaves story in the Torah and Old Testament. His book, which argued this theory, "Egypt, Canaan, and Israel in Ancient Times" was Winner of the 1993 Best Scholarly Book in Archaeology Award of the Biblical Archaeological Society.

There is irrefutable evidence that the Hyksos, a mixed Semitic-Asiatic group who infiltrated the Nile valley, seized power in Lower Egypt in the 17th Century BCE. They ruled there from c. 1674 BCE until expelled when their capital, Avaris, fell to Ahmose around 1567 BCE.

The Hyksos in Egypt worshipped Set, who like ISH.KUR they identified as a storm deity.

Under the "inversion theory", Jewish scholars in the 7th Century BCE changed the story from "expelled" to "escaped" and as a further insult to their enemy, Ahmose, changed and miss-spelt his name to Moses, presenting him as leader of a Hebrew revolt. But there is also a strong possibility of two separate origins to the "Moses" character being merged into one, which I will come to later.

Ahmose's success in 1567 BCE led to the establishment of the 18th Dynasty in Egypt. ThotMoses III overthrew the transvestite Pharaoh Atchepsut, and under ThotMoses IV Egyptian conquests extended beyond the Sinai into Palestine, Syria, reaching Babylonia and included Canaan.

By the end of this expansion, Amenophis III (1380BCE) ruled an Egyptian empire whose provinces and colonies bordered what is now known as Turkey. This empire would have included the regions in which most of the expelled Hyksos now lived.

Amenophis IV succeeded the throne in 1353BCE. He established a new monotheism cult establishing "Aten" as the one supreme god and he changed his name to Akhenaton. Married to the mysterious Nefertiti, Akhenaton declared himself a god on earth, intermediary between the one-god Aten (Ra) and humanity, with his spouse as partner, effectively displacing Isis and Osiris in the Egyptian Enead.

Declaring all men to be the children of Aten, historians suspect Akhenaton planned an empire-wide religion. He banned all idolatry, the use of images to represent god, and banned the idea that there was more than one supreme god.

It is alongside Akhenaten and his father Amenophis III that we find the second Moses.

An important figure during this period was confusingly called Amenophis son of Hapu. He was First Minister (Vizier) to both kings. He is generally depicted as a scribe, crouching and holding on his knees a roll of papyrus. He more than anyone was responsible for authoring the religion in which the old gods were merged into one living god, Aten, who had been responsible for the creation of the Earth and of humanity.

The symbol of this god, the sun disk, represented Ra, Horus and the other gods in one. The sun disk, in symbolism, was supported between the horns of a bull. The Son of Hapu says this about creation: "I have come to you who reigns over the gods oh Amon, Lord of the Two Lands, for you are Re who appears in the sky, who illuminates the earth with a brilliantly shining eye, who came out of the Nou, who appeared above the primitive water, who created everything, who generated the great Enneade of the gods, who created his own flesh and gave birth to his own form."

The king's overseer of the land of Nubia was a certain Mermose (spelled both Mermose and Merymose on his sarcophagus in the British Museum). According to modern historians, in Amenhotep's third year as king, Mermose took his army far up the Nile, supposedly to quell a minor rebellion, but actually to secure gold mining territories which would supply his king with the greatest wealth of any ruler of Egypt.

Recent scholarship has indicated Mermose took his army to the neighbourhood of the confluence of the Nile and Atbara Rivers and beyond.

But who was this Mermose? According to historian Dawn Breasted, the Greek translation of this name was Moses. Does Jewish tradition support this identification?

According to Jewish history not included in the Bible, Moses led the army of Pharaoh to the South, into the land of Kush, and reached the vicinity of the Atbara River. There he attracted the love of the princess of the fortress city of Saba, later Meroe. She gave up the city in exchange for marriage. Biblical confirmation of such a marriage is to be found in Numbers 12:1. "And Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman."

The end of Akhenaten's reign is shrouded in mystery, scholarship about which is beyond the scope of an article of this length. In summary, however, theories span from the death of Nefertiti from plague - Akhenaten's own death from plague or murder - to exile.

On clear record, in contrast, is the return of Egypt to the Enead of the gods and a systematic attempt to erase all vestiges of Akhenaton and his cult in Egypt.

Meanwhile, the expelled Hyksos, according to various historians, have been living in Canaan.

It is here that a solution to the Biblical dating problem of linking the Israelites to the Hyksos appears.

Using the dating of the Biblical Exodus and comparing it to the Egyptian dating of the Hyksos expulsion throws up a gap of about 400 years. Using the dating systems of the books of Judges and Samuel, this gap can extend to between 554 and 612 years.

However, there is clear historical record of post Hyksos Egypt extending its empire into Canaan, the land into which the Hebrews entered and lived, according to Biblical sources, for 400 years before establishing the kingdom of Solomon.

The Hebrews living in Canaan were therefore under Egyptian rule. It is also here in Canaan that we can make a comparison between Yahweh and the Canaanite Moloch (Baal) and extrapolate a polemic inversion of the story of Pharaoh ordering the death of all the "first born" in Exodus.

The worshippers of Moloch sacrificed their first born children to their deity through immolation. Worshippers of Yahweh in Canaan were also known to carry out child sacrifice on occasion, especially in times of hardship, although immolation (holocaust) was supposedly frowned upon. Slitting the child's throat, however, was acceptable.

The sacrifices were carried out and the remains interred at sacred sites known at Topheth. Sometimes - although rarely, judging by the vast predominance of infant human bones found at Topheth sites by archaeologists - animals were sacrificed as substitutes.

The Unification

Modern historical disciplines studying the biblical era uniformly conclude that Exodus could not have been written earlier than the 7th century BCE, and certainly not by the Biblical Moses who at best is a fictional combination of Egyptian personalities.

In Israel itself, 7th Century BCE is the period in which the archaeological evidence presented by Herzog suggests the emergence of Jerusalem as a cultural centre occurs.

By all accounts, it is a cultural centre struggling to find an identity and nationality for itself and, given the discovery of the Jewish texts displaying Yahweh having a consort in the form of Asherah, it is not difficult to piece this jigsaw together.

In 639BCE, Josiah, king of Judah, is known to have introduced wide-ranging religious reforms and brought additional areas of "Israel" under his control.

It is during this period that "polemics" against and "inversion" of a wide variety of religious and cultural sources are brought together to form a religious and political unity.

For Josiah's "inquisitors", where history is unheroic, such as the expulsion from Egypt in the form of the Hyksos, history is inverted. Where religion is bereft of moral unity, the cult of Aten is interweaved, satisfying existing belief systems within the region and bestowing upon the king, Josiah, the position of divine right through a lineage to Solomon and David - both replacements for Aten's ancestors and his temple-building reputation. Josiah also destroys the Topheth Temple said to have been built by Solomon in the Hinnon valley just outside Jerusalem, to the south.

Within this unifying mechanism, there are obfuscations to mitigate existing belief systems, which require the true name of God to be kept secret, and for which there is precedence in the cults of Baal and ISH-KUR, all part of the mish-mash of the region, and all designed to plaster over the holes in the new Yahweh-based system. An important separation of the identities of Baal-Moloch-Yahweh is implemented, although the evolution of ISH-KUR to Hadad to Baal to Yahweh does not remain disguised owing to the later polemic against Babylon written up as Genesis.

Well known in Egypt, including at the time of the Aten cult was the following passage from the Book of the Dead:

I have not robbed.
I have not coveted.
I have not killed people.
I have not told lies.
I have not trespassed.
I have not committed adultery.
I have not cursed a god.

Josiah's unification process takes Moses, an Ideogram combining the Ahmose who expelled the Hyksos, and the Mermose who led the Egyptian army to great victories, and credits him with receiving the Ten Commandments in tablets of stone. In reality these laws are an elaboration of the above declaration.

Add to this the fact that the obscure Egyptian king's "Hymn to Aten" is almost "word for word" Psalm 104 in the Bible and we have another compelling "coincidence".

These and other "coincidences" apparently convinced the renowned Psychologist Sigmund Freud, writing in his 1939 book "Moses and Monotheism", that the Jewish monotheistic faith had its roots in the Akhenaton cult religion.

Josiah's unification should of course be applauded. It outlawed the Moloch cult and emphasised the spiritual morality of the Ten Commandments. The polemics and inversions adding a heroic slant to the history of his people are understandable and politically astute.

But beginning c. 200CE, somewhere along the line, and unlike the Aten cult, supremacy of race is added to the Jewish faith.

In summary, however, it is Herzog's discovery of Yahweh's consort Asherah in Jewish texts and his declaration of an archaeological absence of Solomon or David that is the scalpel with which to slice through all the fictions of the biblical Exodus and its suggestion of divine right and supremacy. For that reason, Herzog must not be forgotten.

Israel, modern, needs to face up to the fact that it has no "divine right" to the land it occupies. Israel must rely instead upon an equitable settlement in light of its undeniable modern day colonisation and conquest - a reality its opponents must accept but without straying outside the boundaries defined by international law - i.e. the 1967 borders.

That surely, in the name of humanity, is reason enough to bring to an end such "biblical" fixations and dogmatism. It does not require us to abandon faith in God in order to do that. Our intuition of The Creator is as old as humanity and is not dependent upon a dusty old tome written by men and in the words of men.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
That article and the related studies and pronouncements were designed to do one thing and one thing only - destroy the hebrew legacy, the legacy of the jews and israelites, and inevitably, the legacy of the christians and all their accumulated history. You have to ask yourself, before you sign on the dotted line in agreement with that premise, why it is the researchers felt that ANY history, no matter where it was found (religious texts, hieroglyphics, cuneiform, etc), was more reliable when discussing the hebrews, than the hebrews own texts? They were willing to go to great lengths, extrapolating out into the fringes of logic just to glean something, anything that would prove their hypthoses, such as the concept that the hebrews stole their religion from Akhenaton (sp?), instead of the possibility of the opposite proposal (as the egyptians were renowned polytheists and the hebrews were monotheists -- well at least they were till somebody decided to "invert" the whole ball of wax. What the heck? Inversion? What are we playing with mirrors again?). Or that any name that had Moses in it was THEE Moses of the bible, rather than the possibility it was just a popular egyptian name at the time. We're talking some 2000 years after Adam, and yet, the entire thing, all the hebrews/israelites sacred texts, oral accounts, and historical writings are supposedly just trumped up political proganda or stolen goods. They never believed what they claim they believed, until they got their ideas from egypt. Ohkaaay. But all the other accounts are fine. Very strange article. Exceedingly hostile to jews/hebrews/israelites and inevitably the christian faith as well. Gotta wonder what the inspiration for it was. You should read up on what's been happening on Temple Mount for the past 2 years or so. That should be a pretty good indicator of what this article is attempting to do.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Touching on that portion of the article which attempts to connect Ba'al with Elohim, yes, it does appear as if there may be some truth to this, as "Ba'al" appears to be of Annunaki descent (meaning he was a "Son of God," a fallen angel (or if you believe Sitchin's interpretation, "An Alien"). Thusly the hebrews are told specifically to stay away from Ba'al or Ba'al worship. In fact, Elijah has a showdown with the priests and priestesses of Ba'al. That the hebrews at any point in their journies, took part in human sacrifice would only attest to the fallen state they were in at that moment in time, usually as a result of following religions that had been falsified by the "Sons of God," "Fallen Angels, " "Annunaki" or Sitchin's Aliens., and NOT that Elohim supported such activities.

Concerning the concept that God had a Goddess, this again harkens back to the misconception that An and Ki were a real God and Goddess, when in fact An was Annunaki, and Ki was probably some unfortunate human female he took as wife (or if you believe Sitchin, he treated her to a nice alien abduction). They became the progenitors of the first Nephilm, not the first humans. The first humans were created by Elohim without sexual intercourse, just as Jesus was conceived without sexual intercourse. This is an important point that remains consistent throughout both Old and New Testaments.

In regards to Elohim in the plural, it was used both as a plural form and a singular form in Genesis. How can God be both plural and singular? A bit of conjecture and some understanding of New Testament scripture answers that question quite nicely.

As touching on Inanna, the following excerpt clearly shows that she could not have been the progenitor of the human race because the text relates that she mates with Enki. Enki is a completely fictional character, created at a later date, who was a combination of An and Ki. An was Annunaki and Ki was a human female. Therefore, Inanna would've been mating with a non-existent, fictional character who was merely based on something in the past that WAS real. I suppose it could be a metaphor for mating or astrology, but it isn't a real union of a God and Goddess. Here's the excerpt:

. As the myth begins, Inanna, the Queen of Heaven and Earth has already established a relationship with Enki, the God of Wisdom and Waters. He has gifted her with the fourteen me, or blessings of power, which she readily accepts, including Truth! Descent into the underworld! Ascent from the underworld!
The art of lovemaking! The kissing of the phallus!

Clearly, it can't be said here that Inanna is Ki mating with An, because it says she's mating with ENKI, a fictious Annunaki based on a REAL Annunaki and a human female who was his mate.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by Undomiel]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
One of the best arguements for alien genetic Manipulation comes from the lack of evidence in the fossil record.
The Known fossil record for modern man jumps From Homo Erectus to Homo Sapiens with nothing in between!
This either means that :
1. we haven't discovered millions of important fossils documenting our Genetic rise to Greatness.
or
2. There is no Missing link to be found.
Occums Razor applied here tends to say the simple explaination is the right one.
Were the Sumers lieing in the old texts? or are their claims supported by fact! It is a fact that no missing link has yet been found!
So in my humble oppinion we were genetically manipulated and God is an alien!

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I believe that God was an alien or conglomerate of aliens that made us for some reason or another.

I mean what if God was just the alien's name. Like how the guy down the street who mows his lawn at night is named Ralph. I think people get too spiritual about God just cause he made us, but I don't think he minds cause he likes the attention.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This all seems very fascinating in deed...

However, I had realized one thing, the Mayans had mysteriously disappeared before the invasion of the spanish on Inca and Aztec.

There is no information on thewherabouts of this civilization. Atlantis perhaps? Who knows...

But one thing is true, the Aztecs at the time of Cortes' invasion, were expecting AT that EXACT day AT that EXACT year, for their god to come down AT that EXACT area. Could it be that their so called 'gods' had predicted the invasion of the Spanish on the Aztecs?

What if the 'gods' were protecting the Spanish by making the Aztecs think that the spanish were elves(friends to the gods, although the Aztecs thought they were all out divine).

This all may be misleading, and I cannot translate any type of texts except modern day Portuguese texts, but what I do know, is that in every ancient civilization, there has to do with some sort of 'god(s)' that speaks to certain individuals or even comes and steps foot on the Land.

And what if the bible was not so much as a religious history text, but a communication from a far advanced type alien race, with the primitive human ancestors?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

One of the best arguements for alien genetic Manipulation comes from the lack of evidence in the fossil record.
The Known fossil record for modern man jumps From Homo Erectus to Homo Sapiens with nothing in between!
This either means that :
1. we haven't discovered millions of important fossils documenting our Genetic rise to Greatness.
or
2. There is no Missing link to be found.
Occums Razor applied here tends to say the simple explaination is the right one.
Were the Sumers lieing in the old texts? or are their claims supported by fact! It is a fact that no missing link has yet been found!
So in my humble oppinion we were genetically manipulated and God is an alien!

Hmmm, or how about this one, sit down for this, you will become histerical!

What if because there is a missing link is only because between homoerectus and homosapian, were two different types of humans...

What if this so called 'god' (and I am a Roman Catholic who attends church every sunday, and if me denying 'god' was found out, I would probably be accused of blasphemy and put on a steak) was an ET(I call them this because 'alien' is a vague word and can represent alien residents) and he had made a mistake with the homoerectus and tried fixing it with the homosepian, creating a gap of evolution.

That space would be enough to hypothesis the theory that our evolution track was altered to skip an entire branch on the evolution tree. And the only reason why the actions of the gods and why there are no more miracles IMO and why all these ET UFO's are showing up more often is because the people of Earth(Terra) are beginning to believe that there is no true 'god' and there are ETs since we do have the technology to travel through the heavans(space).

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
In response to the free will that God needs to rethink. God did create us with a free will. Without the power to choose(free will) there is no ability to love. This same person mentioned that God needs to intervene in the human race. Everything is on course and God has never taken His eyes of of His creation. In the Old Testament God told the Israelites if they would believe and follow Him, then when a thousand enemies tried to come against them it would only take a hundred of them to stop the enemy. He also told them if they turned away from Him, it would only take 100 hundred enemies to make a thousand of them flee. You have to truly look with your eyes to see that God does intervene on behalf of those who love Him. On 9-11 it only took 19 men to scare a nation of 280 million people, because we have turned away from the only true God, Jesus Christ. You will get no argument from me, God removed his hand of protection from this nation at 9 am on Sept. 11, 2001. Yet in a couple of hours He returned His hand upon us and gave strength and courage to some men and women aboard the Pennsylvania flight that crashed. He had already placed godly men and women on that flight who prevented the fourth hijacked plane from accomplishing more destruction. Yes they gave their lives to save others. God did the same in Jesus Christ. Truly look around and you'll see God's hand at work.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join